Open today: 7:00 AM - 11:00 PM
Book In Advance
Tours from I Travel in Romania tend to sell out - travelers recommend booking in advance!

Ways to Experience I Travel in Romania
from $140.00
from $695.00
from $86.00
from $119.00
More Info
All reviews private tour bran castle day tour prince charles days travelling steam train great patience transfagarasan road danube delta great trip salt mines painted monasteries interesting trip his knowledge careful driver professional guide excellent driver
Reviewed September 6, 2016 via mobile

Our guided tour with Mihai was an exceptional experience. He makes every effort to make the trip as interesting and informative as possible. He was meticulous in following up from the day that we landed in Bucharest, even before we met for our trip he helped us with a lot of suggestions with our movement within the city and said we could reach out to him for any support which we might require, which really goes above and beyond the call of duty.
On the day of our trip, he was at the hotel before time and we started off first thing in the morning to cover as much ground as possible. Everything including the car was in perfect condition and Mihai's knowledge about history and traditions is very substantial. We actually covered more than what was promised as a part of the tour and even after that he was willing to show us more, but alas we wanted to get back to Bucharest early. His selection of stops and routes is amazing as is his recommendation on food. Overall I think it was a real bargain. We travel a lot but can confidently say that this was once of the best guided tours that we have taken. We wish Mihai all the very best and would definitely recommend this trip to all.

Date of experience: September 2016
1  Thank Sourik79
Mihai C, Owner at I Travel in Romania, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2016

Dear Sourik, it was my pleasure to going in the tour with you both and being little helpful with suggestions about Bucharest!

Reviewed August 29, 2016

Mihai arrived on time and unfortunately I was still locked in our room. It took another 3/4 hour to get out and he was not fazed by the delay. SO that was a great start.
We finally set off on our day tour to Peles castle, Bram castle and Brasov Old Town.

Getting to Peles castle the queues were a bit long. School holidays and a weekend combined and he was quite happy to wait in the queue for us to get the tickets but we decided to take the time to instead to explore the grounds. I am sure the inside is great and like many of the manors we have visited in England. Really it is the externals and grounds that are stunning.
From there we continued on into Transylvania to Bram Villas for lunch. While we were eating Mihai went up tot the Castle and got our tickets. On some tours we have done we have had terrible lunches. This however was absolutely excellent with a totally amazing view across the village.
Then it was on to the castle which was great. Certainly worth the walk through tour and the torture exhibition was a reminder what foulness we as humans invent to..well,, torture our peers.
It rained as we left and continued through to Brasov. It was fine by the time we got there and it was another interesting place with the Saxon houses and villages surrounding, the large merchant Square, the Black Church and the White Tower.
Then it was a 3 hour trip back to Bucharest arriving about 9:30pm.

A very full day for sure but with limited time in Romania it was excellent value and extremely informative.

Mihai was an excellent guide and gave us a huge insight to the after war years and the communist era along with the prehistory.

Date of experience: July 2016

So happy you enjoyed the tour Oliver, especially after the start in the morning with you being locked in your hotel room! Hope to see you again in Romania!

Reviewed August 29, 2016 via mobile

This has been a great journey with Mr Mihai. He is charming and very professional and gives the best to his customer. He is client oriented. Highly recommended. I like his idea of providing a mobile to his customer. I will go again and it has to be with him.

Date of experience: May 2016

Dear Sam, thank you for the nice words. It was really a great experience we had together!

Reviewed August 21, 2016

If you pick one and only one tour in Romania, make sure it is this one! Mr. Mihai Caprarescu is extremely polite and professional. Every detail, from the luxury car to the schedule and the stops for having some rest during this excursion, are carefully planned and offer to the visitor a unique experience combining the magnificent Romanian nature, the beautiful monuments, knowledge for the country’s history, society and traditions. Mihai has a broad knowledge of his country and of the wonderful places we were visiting and he is happy to learn more about his guests’ country too.

What is even more important is that this is a private tour which means you do not have to stick to a rigid inflexible schedule. Mihai was kind enough to put up with my annoying habit to take pictures of nearly everything and to make extra stops just for that. He even went off the schedule in Brasov, when I told him I was looking for a specific area of this medieval beautiful town.

The excursion is also really worth it: the Peles royal palace is like a fairy-tale, the “Dracula’s Castle” is straight out of a movie or a book and Brasov is like a cart-postal. It is impossible for me to describe the magnificent and wild beauty of the Carpathians.

Last but not least the restaurant we ate at Vila Bran: exceptional local food at very reasonable prices with polite staff. The restaurant is overlooking the valley and offers unique view to the Dracula’s Castle. I was very excited because I was having my lunch looking at the Dracula’s Castle wrapped in fog; truly, an unforgettable experience. Oh, I even had the chance to touch a sweet baby deer.

To sum up, I have no hesitation at all to recommend this excursion, a true value-for-money with Mr. Mihai Caprarescu. Mihai, thank you and keep up the great work!

Date of experience: August 2016

Thank you so much Eleni for all your appreciation words! I would call the the luxury car just a decent sedan 2014 made:) Hope to see you in Athens or back in Romania!

Reviewed August 20, 2016

I highly recommend on Mihai Caprarescu, who both drove and guided us. He is charming, kind, professional, and knowledgeable (speaks Romanian and English fluently).
Sari

Date of experience: August 2016

Dear Sari, it was a great tour with new things I could learn from the source about jewish people who left Romania! And now coming back to visit;)