Open today: 7:00 AM - 11:00 PM
Book In Advance
Tours from I Travel in Romania tend to sell out - travelers recommend booking in advance!

Ways to Experience I Travel in Romania
from $140.00
from $695.00
from $86.00
from $119.00
More Info
All reviews private tour bran castle day tour prince charles days travelling steam train great patience transfagarasan road danube delta great trip salt mines painted monasteries interesting trip his knowledge careful driver professional guide excellent driver
Reviewed August 29, 2016 via mobile

This has been a great journey with Mr Mihai. He is charming and very professional and gives the best to his customer. He is client oriented. Highly recommended. I like his idea of providing a mobile to his customer. I will go again and it has to be with him.

Date of experience: May 2016
Mihai C, Owner at I Travel in Romania, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2016

Dear Sam, thank you for the nice words. It was really a great experience we had together!

Reviewed August 21, 2016

If you pick one and only one tour in Romania, make sure it is this one! Mr. Mihai Caprarescu is extremely polite and professional. Every detail, from the luxury car to the schedule and the stops for having some rest during this excursion, are carefully planned and offer to the visitor a unique experience combining the magnificent Romanian nature, the beautiful monuments, knowledge for the country’s history, society and traditions. Mihai has a broad knowledge of his country and of the wonderful places we were visiting and he is happy to learn more about his guests’ country too.

What is even more important is that this is a private tour which means you do not have to stick to a rigid inflexible schedule. Mihai was kind enough to put up with my annoying habit to take pictures of nearly everything and to make extra stops just for that. He even went off the schedule in Brasov, when I told him I was looking for a specific area of this medieval beautiful town.

The excursion is also really worth it: the Peles royal palace is like a fairy-tale, the “Dracula’s Castle” is straight out of a movie or a book and Brasov is like a cart-postal. It is impossible for me to describe the magnificent and wild beauty of the Carpathians.

Last but not least the restaurant we ate at Vila Bran: exceptional local food at very reasonable prices with polite staff. The restaurant is overlooking the valley and offers unique view to the Dracula’s Castle. I was very excited because I was having my lunch looking at the Dracula’s Castle wrapped in fog; truly, an unforgettable experience. Oh, I even had the chance to touch a sweet baby deer.

To sum up, I have no hesitation at all to recommend this excursion, a true value-for-money with Mr. Mihai Caprarescu. Mihai, thank you and keep up the great work!

Date of experience: August 2016

Thank you so much Eleni for all your appreciation words! I would call the the luxury car just a decent sedan 2014 made:) Hope to see you in Athens or back in Romania!

Reviewed August 20, 2016

I highly recommend on Mihai Caprarescu, who both drove and guided us. He is charming, kind, professional, and knowledgeable (speaks Romanian and English fluently).
Sari

Date of experience: August 2016

Dear Sari, it was a great tour with new things I could learn from the source about jewish people who left Romania! And now coming back to visit;)

Reviewed August 17, 2016 via mobile

Am usually not a big fan of private tours but am happy that I ve decided to opt for this one with Mihai! He was very knowledgeable and shared a tremendous amount of information with us regarding the history of the country and the 2 castles we visited. The trip was a very long one (over 12 hours) and yet Mihai managed to stay alert and positively engaged with us throughout the whole trip.
I would strongly recommend tours with Mihai especially if u ve young children,I travelled with my 9 year boy and it was really a relief to c him happy while Mihai responded friendly and patiently to all his questions abt the castles (especially Dracula's )!
Whenever I visit Romania again I ll not hesitate to book tours with Mihai!such a wonderful day tour!

1  Thank Elena H
Mihai C, Owner at I Travel in Romania, responded to this reviewResponded September 8, 2016

It was my pleasure Elena to go in the tour with you and answer Nadim the questions he had! I hope I did it right and it will surely be a day to remember with all the rain and lightnings that made the Bran castle visit even more interesting!

Reviewed August 8, 2016

I booked a multiday day tour through Berb and Maramures and had one of the most relaxing and stressfree vacation experience I ever had with the expert guidance of Mihai who took care of every little detail of my trip. The personalized tour was on point with what I have traveled to Romania to experience, which is to see a place that haven't been touched by industrialization and the advent of modern times. My stay in Berb was in a hundred year plus old wooden cabin. At night I was invited to dinner cooked by a local neighbor who served me a delicious 4 course meal. The other night, we hiked 30 minutes to share a meal with local shepherd. By day Mihai took me to visit wooden churches that withstood the country's religious infighting and shared with me the historical changes in the region. I very much appreciate his candor, wealth of experience, flexibility since I changed my mind a few times, friendliness, and thoughtfulness. I personally would booked Mihai again if I'm making another trip to Romania. It's like hanging out with an old friend for a few days. The reality was English was not widely spoken where I went and I would be very lost with Mihai's guidance.

Date of experience: July 2016
1  Thank Hugeeug

Dear Eugene, thank you for all the nice words! It was quite an experience we had with all the locals and I am pretty sure this area of Romania will still be magnificent in the future!