Open today: 7:00 AM - 11:00 PM
Book In Advance
Tours from I Travel in Romania tend to sell out - travelers recommend booking in advance!

Ways to Experience I Travel in Romania
from $119.00
from $86.00
from $160.00
from $695.00
More Info
All reviews private tour day tour bran castle luxury car steam train transfagarasan road danube delta salt mines great trip painted monasteries interesting trip his knowledge professional guide beautiful country wonderful guide rural life answered all our questions
Selected filters
Reviewed August 20, 2016

I highly recommend on Mihai Caprarescu, who both drove and guided us. He is charming, kind, professional, and knowledgeable (speaks Romanian and English fluently).
Sari

Date of experience: August 2016
Mihai C, Owner at I Travel in Romania, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2016

Dear Sari, it was a great tour with new things I could learn from the source about jewish people who left Romania! And now coming back to visit;)

Reviewed August 17, 2016 via mobile

Am usually not a big fan of private tours but am happy that I ve decided to opt for this one with Mihai! He was very knowledgeable and shared a tremendous amount of information with us regarding the history of the country and the 2 castles we visited. The trip was a very long one (over 12 hours) and yet Mihai managed to stay alert and positively engaged with us throughout the whole trip.
I would strongly recommend tours with Mihai especially if u ve young children,I travelled with my 9 year boy and it was really a relief to c him happy while Mihai responded friendly and patiently to all his questions abt the castles (especially Dracula's )!
Whenever I visit Romania again I ll not hesitate to book tours with Mihai!such a wonderful day tour!

Date of experience: August 2016
1  Thank elenah2007
Mihai C, Owner at I Travel in Romania, responded to this reviewResponded September 8, 2016

It was my pleasure Elena to go in the tour with you and answer Nadim the questions he had! I hope I did it right and it will surely be a day to remember with all the rain and lightnings that made the Bran castle visit even more interesting!

Reviewed August 8, 2016

I booked a multiday day tour through Berb and Maramures and had one of the most relaxing and stressfree vacation experience I ever had with the expert guidance of Mihai who took care of every little detail of my trip. The personalized tour was on point with what I have traveled to Romania to experience, which is to see a place that haven't been touched by industrialization and the advent of modern times. My stay in Berb was in a hundred year plus old wooden cabin. At night I was invited to dinner cooked by a local neighbor who served me a delicious 4 course meal. The other night, we hiked 30 minutes to share a meal with local shepherd. By day Mihai took me to visit wooden churches that withstood the country's religious infighting and shared with me the historical changes in the region. I very much appreciate his candor, wealth of experience, flexibility since I changed my mind a few times, friendliness, and thoughtfulness. I personally would booked Mihai again if I'm making another trip to Romania. It's like hanging out with an old friend for a few days. The reality was English was not widely spoken where I went and I would be very lost with Mihai's guidance.

1  Thank Hugeeug

Dear Eugene, thank you for all the nice words! It was quite an experience we had with all the locals and I am pretty sure this area of Romania will still be magnificent in the future!

Reviewed August 8, 2016

I was lucky to find Mihai who is a Bucharest native, prepared to tailor my trip if necessary. I read the reviews about him and they were right, so I wanted to take a short visit of Rasnov Citadel too, which was not included on the list.

He is very proud of Romania and makes your trip wonderful as he conveys his knowledge about history, culture, and traditions. His suggestion for lunch was also a very nice place, so overall it was a terrific tour.

1  Thank Rodger S
Reviewed August 3, 2016 via mobile

Mihai and his private tour company has been one of the highlights of my trip to Romania. I booked a one day private tour with him to Brasov, Peles Castle and of course the iconic Bran Castle. Mihai helped me choose the tour. I wanted a one-day break from Bucharest and his recommendations were very valuable. He was very patient, considerate and kind enough to answer all my questions. I was very impressed by the towering Black Church in Brasov and Peles Castle. Bran too is a must. Although it was very crowded, Mihai has made his best to make sure that I see the best of the castle without any delay. Mihai did not make arrangements for an unforgettable lunch, but also introduced me to traditional Romanian food. I was very pleased with the tour and do not hesitate to recommend Mihai. He has immense knowledge of Romania's history and is such a humble person. I liked his company. Rita from Lebanon