“Hands down best tour guide ever”

I Travel in Romania
Bucharest and Beyond Private Full-Day Tour
Ranked #10 of 179 Tours in Bucharest
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Travelling is personal and no two travelers are alike. That is why all my tours can be customized. It is your vacation and you want to make the most of it. I consider the key to truly enjoy a tour in Romania is to interact with locals and get some authentic travel experiences. I am here to do that with you! My company will be at your full disposal so you can have an unique trip only with your loved ones and at your own pace. Every part of Romania has something special and awaits you to discover it, either it is the famous Transylvania with its Fortified Churches in the Saxon Villages, the unique Medieval Towns, the Traditional Maramures with its Wooden Churches, the Charming Bucovina with its Painted Monasteries or The Amazing Wild Danube Delta.
Reviewed August 8, 2016

I booked a multiday day tour through Berb and Maramures and had one of the most relaxing and stressfree vacation experience I ever had with the expert guidance of Mihai who took care of every little detail of my trip. The personalized tour was on point with what I have traveled to Romania to experience, which is to see a place that haven't been touched by industrialization and the advent of modern times. My stay in Berb was in a hundred year plus old wooden cabin. At night I was invited to dinner cooked by a local neighbor who served me a delicious 4 course meal. The other night, we hiked 30 minutes to share a meal with local shepherd. By day Mihai took me to visit wooden churches that withstood the country's religious infighting and shared with me the historical changes in the region. I very much appreciate his candor, wealth of experience, flexibility since I changed my mind a few times, friendliness, and thoughtfulness. I personally would booked Mihai again if I'm making another trip to Romania. It's like hanging out with an old friend for a few days. The reality was English was not widely spoken where I went and I would be very lost with Mihai's guidance.

1  Thank Hugeeug
Mihai C, Owner at I Travel in Romania, responded to this reviewResponded September 8, 2016

Dear Eugene, thank you for all the nice words! It was quite an experience we had with all the locals and I am pretty sure this area of Romania will still be magnificent in the future!

All reviews
"excellent driver"
"his knowledge"
in 4 reviews

Reviewed August 8, 2016

I was lucky to find Mihai who is a Bucharest native, prepared to tailor my trip if necessary. I read the reviews about him and they were right, so I wanted to take a short visit of Rasnov Citadel too, which was not included on the list.

He is very proud of Romania and makes your trip wonderful as he conveys his knowledge about history, culture, and traditions. His suggestion for lunch was also a very nice place, so overall it was a terrific tour.

1  Thank Rodger S
Reviewed August 3, 2016 via mobile

Mihai and his private tour company has been one of the highlights of my trip to Romania. I booked a one day private tour with him to Brasov, Peles Castle and of course the iconic Bran Castle. Mihai helped me choose the tour. I wanted a one-day break from Bucharest and his recommendations were very valuable. He was very patient, considerate and kind enough to answer all my questions. I was very impressed by the towering Black Church in Brasov and Peles Castle. Bran too is a must. Although it was very crowded, Mihai has made his best to make sure that I see the best of the castle without any delay. Mihai did not make arrangements for an unforgettable lunch, but also introduced me to traditional Romanian food. I was very pleased with the tour and do not hesitate to recommend Mihai. He has immense knowledge of Romania's history and is such a humble person. I liked his company. Rita from Lebanon

Reviewed July 31, 2016 via mobile

It was a very good trip with a 'happy-to-help' guide Mr. Mihai along with! He listens to all your requests patiently plus he puts forwards his suggestion be it in the case of spots for your pictures or the places to visitwhile not overdoing it.

Personally I think that its good to have a local with you atleast when you travel for the first time or when you don't speak their language

Regarding Transfagarasan, Carpathians and Sibiu - Its worth visiting these places, I am glad I did! Transylvania was very beautiful of all region in Romania.

See more reviews
Reviewed July 7, 2016

I'm generally not a fan of organized tours, but when I figured out how long/hard it would be to do this on my own, I started searching Trip Advisor for options for a tour. There were many options big group, small group, private tour. I won't lie...I went for the value option - I as able to get my group of 6 a private tour for the same price as most of the big group options. What I wasn't prepared for was how terrific an experience this tour would be.
The tour guide - Mihai Caprarescu - was A+++.
He was totally professional, super engaged for the entire trip, and very knowledgeable about the history and culture of his country. He was also really proud (rightfully so) of his country, and his admirable patriotism came through loud and clear.
My family enjoyed every minute of the tour, and Mihai is a wonderful human being.
I highly recommend this tour, and especially recommend Mihai! If I make it back to Romania, which I definitely will, I will absolutely tour with Mihai again. Thanks for an awesome day, Mihai!

1  Thank brianc0stell0