“Off the beaten track”

Bucharest and Beyond Private Full-Day Tour
Ranked #10 of 179 Tours in Bucharest
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Travelling is personal and no two travelers are alike. That is why all my tours can be customized. It is your vacation and you want to make the most of it. I consider the key to truly enjoy a tour in Romania is to interact with locals and get some authentic travel experiences. I am here to do that with you! My company will be at your full disposal so you can have an unique trip only with your loved ones and at your own pace. Every part of Romania has something special and awaits you to discover it, either it is the famous Transylvania with its Fortified Churches in the Saxon Villages, the unique Medieval Towns, the Traditional Maramures with its Wooden Churches, the Charming Bucovina with its Painted Monasteries or The Amazing Wild Danube Delta.
Reviewed June 15, 2016

I took a tour to salt mines, winery and muddy volcanos. To start with, I should say that Mihai is not an ordinary tour guide. By the end of the tour you realise that he is more like an old friend. Imagine, you fly to a country to see a friend and he just drives you around and shows nice places that would be extremely hard to visit by yourself using public transport. That's how it feels, rather than a typical Guide-Tourist relationship. He is quite knowledgeable and knows many historical facts and also ready to answer any your question from the point of view of a normal citizen of this country. I would definitely recommend him. And regarding this specific tour: if you’re a beach kind of person, it might not be for you, but if you like adventures and ready to spend the whole day searching for something new and different in order to return back to the hotel tired but happy then you’ll definitely like it.

Date of experience: June 2016
"excellent driver"
"his knowledge"
in 4 reviews

Reviewed June 7, 2016

Really nice tour and guide! Peles castle is fabulous, probably one of the nicest in the world to me. A little too crowded this time of the year but that is normal I guess. When I chose Mihai’s company, I was looking at some shared tours with many more reviews but the price was almost the same, except Mihai was offering the private tour. I made a great choice considering Mihai is really a safe driver, very knowledgeable about his country, and made my trip really enjoyable. The lunch was great, with a panoramic view of Bran and I suggest you should ask him to get you there for just a refreshment if not for lunch. Brasov's historical city center seemed much more relaxed than Bucharest’s and also cleaner, which was a nice bonus for the trip. So if you prefer private tours instead of shared, I recommend Mihai as a great option considering the price and quality of services offered.

1  Thank mopar989
Reviewed May 22, 2016

The private tour was initially booked for the Peles and Bran Castles plus Brasov, but actually we agreed while on the way to the castles to go for a really great mountain road trip instead of Brasov. I have heard about the famous Transfagarasan road but of course that is still closed until July or something due to snow. I asked our guide Mihai what is his impression of Transfagarasan and he proposed instead of the visit to Brasov to go for a mountain road trip close to the town where Peles castle is. He assured us that we would be impressed as Transfagaran. And we really were, even though I am not sure how the Transfagarasan road is for real. Mihai told us he drove up to almost 1925 meters so that was pretty close to Transfagarasan's height of little over 2000 meters. The scenery is simply beautiful and the road is in very good condition. Even though we liked the two castles a lot, especially Peles, the private tour with Mihai was much more than we expected with the nice surprise of this great mountain road trip included.

Reviewed May 21, 2016

I was in Romania this week and had a tour entitled Bucharest One Day Private Tour to Peles and Bran Castles. I have never been to this relative unvisited Eastern European travel destination. Of course, we have all seen the movies and read the stories of Dracula. So this trip was a teaching moment for me. The first thing I was pleasantly surprised with the tour guide. Mihai is certainly a very good guide. A personable and knowledgeable man who treated me as a guest and not merely a customer. He picked me up punctually at my hotel. During the drive he told me that if I wanted to see anything else also, just to let him know. The castles were beautiful and interesting, but made even more so by his knowledge of them and side stories about them and the places we passed. Apart from the castles, I was really enchanted by the spectacular views of the mountain area on the way. Mihai promised me that I will have even a better experience if I come back for a 2-3 day tour of Transylvania , so he can introduce me some locals in the Saxon Villages. An unusually pleasant day for any tourist. I am now planning a return to Romania with a longer tour. Hopefully Mihai will be available.