“a nice and homely hotel”
Review of Budapest Hotel

Budapest Hotel
Ranked #28 of 46 Hotels in Chisinau
Reviewed November 10, 2012

Three whole weeks staying in this kind of homely hotel was good, they have a nice service , clean and peaceful room, it was really enjoyable. the site of the place is very accommodating to the places where you want to go and one of the least, is the park that maybe 50 meters away from the hotel..kinda like it.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
DjulietaGodoroja, Owner at Budapest Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2012

Dear Mareza,
Thank you for taking time to write us such a pleasant review.
I would like to let you know that it was a lovely pleasure for us to have you as our guest. The entire Budapest Hotel staff misses you already. Hope to see you soon in Chisinau.

Reviewed August 30, 2012

We were there in the shoulder season and got a really good rate. This place is UPTOWN (as in first class). Watch the extras, however. We sent out a modest amount of laundry and ended up paying as much as a nights lodging. The location is excellent -- nested amongst embassies. A ten minute walk puts you at a bus stop that connects to everywhere.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
DjulietaGodoroja, Owner at Budapest Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2012

I was so happy to read your great feedback following your recent stay with us. I was delighted that you appreciate our location. I am really sorry about your laundry issue, we will re-examine the prices of laundry services.
We look forward to see you again at Budapest Hotel.

Reviewed August 12, 2012

Stayed at this hotel twice for business, and in both stays the experience was good.

Located dead in the middle of Chisinau, all major sites are a short commute away. The neighborhood is a private residence area (for better or worst multiple sites are heavily guarded with towers cameras and armed guards), and the Budapest seems like an evolution of a former private luxury residence, which explains the huge and overly decorated rooms. Next to the hotel is a large park including deep woods and a lake, which may have been amazing in the sixties.

The staff is very friendly, eloquent and helpful, breakfast is average, pool and rooms are clean, so all in all the service is very good.

The level of facilities however is bad. Anything electronic in the rooms have had better days, and wasn’t built for commercial use. This includes the TV, jet shower, hot tub etc. (BTW, air-conditioning art is not mastered in Moldova yet, the country is much better equipped to winter)

Room Tip: If at summer check the air conditioning before you check in. really, this can save your night...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
DjulietaGodoroja, Owner at Budapest Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2012

Many thanks for your comments following your recent stay with us. Our aim at The Budapest Hotel is to ensure that all of our guest’s, are made welcome to the hotel and feel like home during their stay with us. We pride ourselves on caring for all of our guests so I was saddened to read your feedback about your experience in the room that you hosted. I am personally going to follow up this with the staff members concerned.

However I was delighted to read that you thought our team looked after you and you found the services in the hotel to your liking. I sincerely hope you return to stay with us again in the future.

Please do feel free to contact me personally at any time should you wish to discuss your stay with me in more detail.

Reviewed July 28, 2012

I stayed in this hotel for 3 night, in the very hot month of July. But thanks to the airconed rooms and the swimming pool available at this hotel, the heat did not hurt me too bad.
Rooms are indeed spacious and have everything needed for an enjoyable stay. I was surprised to find slippers, bathrobe, toothbrush and toothpaste available when I checked in. The tv has about 100 channels, including a few English ones. Though, the vast majority are russian channels. The room was cleaned on a daily basis, and a small plate of fresh fruits was offered for free.
The swimming pool is quite small, but as the hotel is not a big one, the pool does not get crowded. Right near the pool is a small terrace where one can have a drink. Towels are offered for free for those spending time at this pool. Unfortunately, the pool gets sunshine only for about 4, maybe 5 hours a day, between starting from 10 AM. So, if you want to get a nice tan, you should rather find some other option or to spend some more days.
The complimentary breakfast is wonderful! Beside the regular stuff, they have about 16 hot dishes that can be ordered for free(different types of omelets, pies, fried eggs). Everything on the buffet is high quality and the restaurant offers a nice atmosphere.
About the location, indeed this is not located exactly in the heart of the city, which is Stefan cel Mare Boulevard. It is located in a residential area with lots of embassies and for this reason a very safe area(you can see officers at almost every corner).But being just a few minutes drive away from the main boulevard, the location is perfect(very green neighborhood), in my opinion, especially if you are in Chisinau with a car. Otherwise, you will need to call a taxi as no public transport is available nearby.
Internet(wi-fi) is available for free all over the hotel and features a very good speed.
Staff was friendly and behaved very nice.
Be careful when you are driving for this hotel, as you might miss it. Due to the tall fences, it is likely not to see it's sign and to drive further. On the fences is written only the address: Timis 19.
I will definitely go back to this hotel each time I will travel again to Chisinau! It's very hard other hotels to match the quality of this one for the price paid!

Room Tip: Try to find best price offer on different booking sites. I found big differences between the prices...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
DjulietaGodoroja, Owner at Budapest Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. I was delighted that we met your expectations and that you liked all the little touches we did to enhance your stay with us. As always I have passed on your kind words to The Budapest Hotel team and I hope that you will get the chance to come back to visit us again in the near future.

Reviewed June 24, 2012

Considering some ropey hotels I've visited in the region, the Budapest was a class above. Large room with aircon and enough space to swing several cats. Nice pool, cracking breakfast with cereals, fresh veg and cheese, juices and warm menu options. Nice walk past a lake to the centre - probably 15mins until you're near the centre, but a very short taxi ride. Staff helped me book trips and gave advice in perfect English. Would love to come back.

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank AnthonyJJ
Management response:Responded June 27, 2012

Thank you very much for your kind words regarding your recent stay. I was very pleased that you enjoyed the hospitality given to you by our staff. I have passed on your thanks to them personally .
I do hope that you will join us again soon at The Budapest Hotel

Reviewed June 15, 2012

I booked this hotel because my husband had a business meeting in the capital city of Moldova. Yesterday he returned and can not praise the staff friendliness and courtesy. The rooms are huge, tastefully decorated, breakfast carefully selected to suit all tastes. Maybe it was for those who come as tourists, the only minus is that a 20 minute walk to the center. But a taxi is cheap. Great hotel with at least two equipped places with modern facilities for business meetings and lectures!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Management response:Responded June 27, 2012

I was really happy to read that your husband enjoyed his stay with us and that you took the time to post such a nice review.
We pride ourselves on the attention we pay to even the most minute detail so we can enhance our guests stay. This is all made possible by the brilliant team I have here at the hotel who I have passed your kind words on to. I was so pleased your husband enjoyed our facilities and our breakfast.
I look forward to personally welcoming you and your husband on your next visit to us.

Reviewed June 13, 2012

I stay there very well:staff kindly;rooms large and clean

• Stayed: May 2012
1  Thank eligio

Dear Mr Eligio,
Thank you for your nice review.
It was a great pleasure for us to read you complements.

Hope to see you next time at Budapest Hotel