“Good location and amusing decoration”

Weekend Boutique Hotel
Ranked #26 of 44 Hotels in Chisinau
Santiago de Cuba, Cuba
“Good location and amusing decoration”
Reviewed February 14, 2014

Nice hotel well located with original decorated rooms. The bathroom is spacious and equipped with a bidet. No bath but a comfortable shower. The restaurant service is a little light with a staff too jaded.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
  • Turkish first
Venice, Italy
Reviewed November 29, 2013

A very different hotel.
May be considered a litlle bit Kitsch but this is the peculiarity of the hotel.
Nice rooms, large and well decorated.
Is not in the city center and you need defenitely a taxi or a car to move.
Is anyway positioned exactly in front of the best mall of the country (Malldova).
Restaurant and breakfast are not the best, avoid them.

Room Tip: Is often used for marriage so, can be a litlle bit noisy.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Leiden, The Netherlands
Reviewed December 11, 2012

This is a high quality hotel, but relatively inexpensive. The decoration is curious. Rooms are very nice, so is the restaurant. Staff is very friendly. The hotel is not really in the city center, but taxi's arranged via the hotel are actually cheap. I can absolutely recomment this hotel.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Jaap10
Moldovenesti, Romania
Reviewed October 10, 2012

We were in the Weekend Boutique Hotel with my friends. It was lovely time on September ! We liked rooms , restaurants but terrasa the most like! Sushi are really good! I promise back again very soon!! See you soon guys!!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Copenhagen
Reviewed August 2, 2012

Stayed there for 1 night during business visit in Chisinau.

The hotel is nice and cosy, not in the center, but I was picked up/ delivered, so it didn't matter. Big shopping mall right in a nabourgh building if you have time. The traffic from the mall DOES NOT come by the hotel, so don't worry, you are not at all bothered by a mall.

Breakfast was simple, but just fine.

There is a restaurant, but during 2 days I haven't seen any people there. In general the place seemed to be very quiet, as if there were no customers.

Free Wifi, but not always working (at least from my room).

Yes, I would stay there again on business. If I went there with a family, I would stay more central in order to walk around the sites, but for my purpose this place served me just fine!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank agneg
Tel Aviv, Israel
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 3,531 helpful votes
Reviewed July 14, 2012

Overall: will definitely be back there
We were there July 1st-5th, yes, 5 days.

Price: not the cheapest, not the most expensive but an excellent value for your money,
whether 4 or 5 stars, can't say, I was in 5 stars worse than this one, let's say it is a 4+ star hotel

Location: 30-40 minutes by foot from the center of the town or a 5-10 minutes fare by taxi for 35 leu (3$)
Best of all: the hotel touches the only real mall of Chisinau: big and modern like ours and with everything in it. I'll get back to it later

Cleanliness: perfect

Silence: perfect, few rooms in this Hotel and luckily not fully booked ... so it was really quiet, and btw not street nor cars noise at all

Comfort and amenities: better than expected: : free WiFi, 2 LCD TV's (family room), the showers includes everything you need and the style is stunning which means you will love it or hate it (you won't stay indifferent for sure), I myself was not surprised, it was my wife's choice

Breakfast: excellent, don't expect huge tables full of dishes as the Hotel is small but everything was there, including a fresh espresso or latte or a hand made omelet.
Actually the kitchen is the Tiramisu Italian Restaurant located in the Hotel itself ... so you can't go wrong.
There is also a second restaurant in the Hotel: a Japanese Restaurant where the sushi was excellent.
We had dinners in both of them and I'll write later reviews for these as well (as soon as they are listed on this site)...

Regarding the Mall:
Hypermarket, electronics, Bookstore, and of course tons of clothes and fashion shops ... not expensive.
And also 2 cellulars suppliers stores: Orange and especially Moldcell where for 40 lei (3.5$ or 3euro) you get a Sim card with 25 minutes of airtime for local ... or international calls (just make sure to start the saving mode suggested by SMS and don't miss it like me)
4th floor full of restaurants of all styles: Mexican, Greek, Japanese, Italian, Chinese, fast food, casino and what else
careful: the movie theater does not show movies in English but all dubbed to Russian with Moldavian subtitles so nothing English spoken there
this mall also has 2 exchange bank branches opened 10am-10pm which make all this location extremely convenient

In case you read reviews for other Hotels in Chisinau ... in this one no working girls in the streets around nor sex offers by phone, it is not the center of town but we felt very secure

Taxis are of course called by the hotel, arrive in 5 minutes and are more reliable than those in the streets. I definitely recommend to have them called by the hotel, the ones we picked ourselves did not use their taximeters and as I wrote were definitely less reliable

Jogging or taking a walk ? across the Dacia boulevard adjoining the hotel you have a big park with 3 small lakes ? ponds ? anyway don't expect anything extraordinary since the maintenance in Chisinau needs improvement but these are green areas peaceful and relaxing with a good restaurant at the bank of the main lake. You can jog, walk, sit and read, also rent a kayak....or swim as do the locals, real nice in July.

Only black spot: we had to leave the hotel at 5AM for our flight and we couldn't enjoy the excellent breakfast on this last day.
I asked several times not to charge us for it but the reception answered they could not change the reservation an offered in exchange a picnic basket. It did not do and I would have preferred to be credited...
But compared to all what I wrote above it is not really significant and won't change my overall rating of 5 *

If I am back in Chisinau, I will return.

Room Tip: 1. Ask for Airport transportation from the Hotel, it won't kill you: 10euro and someone will wai...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
59 Thank Dan M
Sofia, Bulgaria
Reviewed April 25, 2012

I stayed few nights in this hotel on my business trip to Chisinau.

First night there was problem with the reservation so we had to share a room with my coworker, which gave us some really bad first impressions on that place. However the personnel was really polite and nice. We were offered free mini bar as an compensation. which would not be bad if the mini bar was a little bit more filled.

The interior was.. well lets say strange, there was no combination of the colors - we had black&white walls, golden bed, silver sofa, red chair etc. And of course Marylin Monroe posters in every room. But the best was the toilet seat ! Have you ever tried to s*it on an angels? Well, I did have a chance there.

To summarize - the hotel was decent - there was very nice bar in it, mostly young people attending it. prices were little bit higher for the local standards.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business