“Always the best for me in Chisinau”
Review of Villa Elat Hotel

Villa Elat Hotel
Ranked #19 of 44 Hotels in Chisinau
Innsbruck
“Always the best for me in Chisinau”
Reviewed October 13, 2012

Once a month for a week I stay always in the same room, the reservation and the ladies at the reception are so friendly, I appriciate this service. Now internet is very fast and available 24 h a day. As the hotel is in the very center it is very easy for me to reach per foot all business partners.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed October 9, 2012

The Elat Hotel is a nice boutique hotel in a residential area near the center of Chisinau. We were within walking distance of the city's main attractions and a number of good restaurants. The room was minimalist modern and very large. The mattress was basic, hotel grade firm. The bath was somewhat compact with a corner shower. It took some effort to minimize water leaking onto the floor while showering - a problem that appears to be common to Eastern European hotels with corner showers. The wall mounted air conditioner worked very well during our early September 2012 visit. It took some effort to adjust air flow so as not to have a cold draft blowing on us while sleeping. This hotel has 'true' non-smoking rooms.
Reception was friendly and efficient.

Room Tip: Request a room in the newer section of the hotel.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Constanta, Constanta, Romania
Reviewed September 27, 2012

Are from Romania and say that deceived hotel over other hotels in Romania is at the same level of comfort and service.Was a good location in the center of Chisinau, very clean rooms,bathrooms and staff as very helpful. Of course I will come back with pleasure and I will recommend friends to come in Chisinau. I congratulate the management and staff for their hard work.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed May 5, 2012

Having a job which requires travelling more than 110 days a year makes choosing the right hotel a very great issue for me. This is the reason why Trip Advisor reviews mean a great deal to me when I make my choice. When I read the good reviews, I knew that for my first visit in Chisinau this was the right place for me. The whole project team consisting of 7 members were booked in this hotel.
The first time we stepped in the hotel, we felt at home immediately. The hotel is situated in a quiet area just 15 minutes walking distance to the center, where we held most of our meetings. There are only 12 light, spacious rooms, high ceilings in a building, which looks like a big mansion. There is a seating room in the first floor and a conference room in the ground floor. There is also a small swimming pool and a sauna, which we never had an opportunity to use.
The staff are courteous, friendly and helpful. I had Room nr. 1, which is located in the first floor. Although there is no elevator, it is not a problem, since there is always someone in the staff, who would carry your luggage to your room.
There are plenty of amenities in the room: toiletries, sewing kit, shoe care and a toothbrush and toothpaste kit, in case you had forgotten them - quite good for a three star hotel. The bathroom is spacious as well with nice marble walls extending up to the ceiling, which is quite high.
There is also a free wifi, but the signal fails in some of the rooms located a little farther from the reception. Generally, I had no problems though.
The breakfast is quite good. If you want freshly cooked eggs - soft boiled, fried etc. Just ask the staff in the kitchen. Don't forget to try the soft-boiled egg - perfectly done!
So, all in all a really good hotel for business and other travellers. One suggestion to raise the service a great deal higher - improvement of wifi connection and some business services such as availability of printer etc.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Exelcis
Innsbruck
Reviewed December 18, 2011

good and friendly host, big and well furnished rooms, clean conditions everywhere, slow service in restaurant, WIFI in almost every place of the hotel, somtimes the signal fails

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank Gunnar A
Canada
Reviewed December 22, 2010

I stayed at the Elat Hotel for 10 days while I conducted field interviews for a report I'm writing for an NGO in Moldova. The hotel was walking distance from the office where I worked during my stay which made the location extremely convenient for me. Initially, I was booked in room 11 but the wireless Internet connection did not work there, which necessitated a move to room 0, where I was relieved to discover the wireless internet worked very well. The heat in Room 11 mysteriously stopped worked one evening as well, but I alerted the front desk staff about the problem and the heat was working fine the next night. Room 0 was slightly smaller and darker than room 11 but it oddly felt more cosy and comfortable. The staff were very helpful in accommodating my request to move to a room where the wifi worked; however, I was a bit surprised they didn't offer to help me move my belongings. The rooms were extremely clean and I have to give top marks for cleanliness at this hotel. The breakfast, which was included in the price of the room, was tasty as well. I enjoyed the pastries, fresh fruit and hot tea. The front desk staff were very helpful in booking me a taxi to the airport for an early morning flight.

One caveat: I have never travelled to Eastern Europe before so I can't say how the hotel compares to others in the city or the region or even was it is the standard as far as value or service.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
3 Thank akjCanada
Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed September 1, 2010

Went there for a 2 nights business trip, and found this hotel from TripAdvisor, and found out that all the reviews are true. Stayed in one of their two double room, I feel at home from the the very beginning I entered the hotel. I checked in at 11 pm and the lady at the reception desk warmly greeted us. Breakfast was superb. Simple yet complete, especially for Asian taste like me. Better than a five star hotel in Mamaia which I stayed one month before.

Overall, if you are looking for a quiet-home-like accomodation in Chisinau, I would highly recommend this perfect 3 star hotel.

• Stayed August 2010