“Probably the only place in town that always has fresh fish!”
Review of Vasabi

Vasabi
Ranked #217 of 331 Restaurants in Chisinau
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Chisinau, Moldova
“Probably the only place in town that always has fresh fish!”
Reviewed April 6, 2013

Back in 2000-ish it used to be a pretty awful, overpriced restaurant, but recently it rebranded, a second restaurant was opened, a third one is on the way.

Ever since, the place is always full, with excellent food and service.
It is, I believe, the only place in Chisinau that ALWAYS has fresh products.

They lack desserts (only ice-cream is served), otherwise the menu is rich and varied.
$15-20 is more than enough for a satisfying meal plus drinks.

The warm and friendly atmosphere as well as the moderate prices makes you want to return

• Visited April 2013
2 Thank Xenia C

UAE
“Best sushi I ever tried.”
Reviewed March 11, 2013

No, I never been in Japan and have no clue how a real sushi should be and how it should taste. But, if I remember wright (and I do, 'cause it was yesterday) at the World Sushi Championship winner was ..........Dutch team! I've been in Holland several times but, didn't tried sushi there. Instead, I tried 'em anywhere I was - Dubai, London, Paris, Colombo, etc., etc. And I have to admit that the best one IMHO is so far Vasabi. At least till my next visit to Amsterdam.....................

Visited February 2013
Chisinau, Moldova
“yes”
Reviewed August 30, 2012

It seems the owner has changed recently, and it is simply the perfect place to eat sushi in town! Affordable and delicious. Totally recommend!

• Visited August 2012
Chisinau
“no”
Reviewed December 10, 2009

Overpirced, No service. Marginal food.

If those attract you, go. If not, avoid.

3 Thank EatPossum
New York City, New York
“Big no to Vasabi”
Reviewed October 16, 2008

Usually, I dont bother to write negative reviews. I'm writing this one as I wish to help many people to save their time, money and above all emotions.

My wife picked up this restaurant through internet. We like Japanese cuisine a lot, and on all major occasions we order Japanese food.

On my wife's birthday we went to this 'NEW' Japanese restaurant. Food was replica of Japanese cuisine, prices were replica of another higher end Japanese restaurant in Chisinau called Noori.
And service was ...... no comments.

People save your self, do not go there, even for free. Our beautiful even turned into a horrible experience. That's why it hurt more.

A special note to Restaurant owners: You guys once opened and then were rightly closed, why did you re-opened the restaurant 2 years ago? inquisitive people like us will fall only once, do we we large number of inquisitive people in Moldova? Please give a serious thought to some other business on that territory. You and the people you may serve may have a chance to get satisfaction.

God Bless all!