“Service was abrupt”

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 17, 2012

Most restaurants we tried were closed on Sundays so this made our choice a littel limited. Local guide books says this is the best Chinese in town. Hmm, not sure about that. Food was ok, they forgot rice course but still charged for it on the bill, taken off once pointed out. Ribs were poor, sizziling steak good but small qty. Prawn crackers expensive for only 5 pcs. Maybe staff were a little occupied with a group of Asian travellers that appeared as a group booking, but not an excuse for not being friendly. Would not go back

Reviewed April 16, 2011

With the exception of the UK, good Chinese food is hard to come by in Europe.
Asia doesn't make the grade. The food was bland, and the chicken, squid dishes all looked and tasted the same. The best dish we had was the omelette !

Reviewed August 30, 2010

You have to walk with stars to underground, it is also kind of humid. I have been told by my friends this is one of older Chinese restaurant in Zagreb. Thus I went there for a try. but its not as good as its name... Azija! There is only Chinese food, nothing else from Asia. Not so good service... which means bad service! It was too salty with the food on my table! its price is higher than other chinese restaurants~ not a good experience with its underground floor... I have heard there is another Azija, but since the first impression, I m not interested to try it again as they are both under the same boss.

Reviewed October 1, 2009

Interior typical mock chinese but not too bad. Knowing I was English and speaking none herself the waitress approached with fear written all over her face. Struggled even to understand the word Ojusko. I ordered by pointing to menu. Spring rolls straight from the microwave. but not too bad. Somehere between egg and adulthood someone had wrung every bit of flavour out of the chicken (with cashew nuts). The veg is frozen but I'm told that is normal. The boiled rice was like a lump of dough. Portions generous. Total cost £12 is on the face of it value-for money but a far from lipsmacking experience and I'll look elsewhere in future. Difficult to imagine that anyone could be happy if what I got was the norm.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook