“Excellent guided tour for photography”
Review of Croatia Photo Tour

Zagreb Photo Tour
Ranked #24 of 59 Outdoor Activities in Zagreb
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Photography tours in Croatia led by local professional photogs - day and weekly tours, from hotspots to backlands. Flexible to your needs and timetables. Rely on us for a photography-centered tour, workshop or active vacation. We strive to take you and your photography to new heights. With us you can find a new, more intimate way to truly connect with Croatia and its people - to get a sense of place beyond the landmarks.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed October 12, 2016

I am a photographer from California, on my first visit to Croatia, and was looking for a guided photo tour of Plitvice Lakes for me and my wife. I could have joined a larger group tour, but I wanted the flexibility to stay as long as needed to get interesting shots, and a guide who knew the park well enough to know what points would be of most interest photographically. Igor provided us with exactly what we were looking for. He picked a route through the park which avoided most of the big tour groups (as much as possible), which is essential if you're trying to get clear shots. His command of English is excellent. (He lived in New York for 5 years.) He arranged to pick us up very close to our hotel in Zagreb for the drive to Plitvice Lakes. On the way to and from the lakes, we were able to talk to him in depth about life in Croatia (and compared to other countries), some of the recent history, the economy, and problems and opportunities for young folks in Croatia today, which made the 1.5 hour drive (each way) pass quite quickly, and was an unadvertised benefit of having a personal guide!

Igor-CPT, Manager at Croatia Photo Tour, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2016

Hey there Steve,

glad you both enjoyed your time in Plitvice and on the road there and back :) keep on shooting, saw some great stuff on your website.

All reviews
"knowledge"
"croatia"
in 16 reviews

Reviewed September 11, 2016

We booked two full-day tours through Croatia Photo Tour and both were tailored to exactly what we wanted to see and do. We were able to view several castles but also Rastoke and Plitvice Lakes. My sister and I were very novice to photography but our guide, Igor, was very informative and patient with us. Unfortunately prior to our tour with Igor, the LCD screen on my camera shattered but with Igor's expertise we were able figure out the mechanics of my camera to take the excellent photos I have uploaded. We highly recommend tours through Croatia Photo Tour.

Igor-CPT, Manager at Croatia Photo Tour, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2016

Hey Dean and Jaymie,

glad we could make the technology work for you, always a way around a problem. Now you know approximately how it feels to shoot with film instead of digital, no previews until you develop :)

Best to both, hope to see you soon!

Reviewed August 24, 2016

I've recently returned from a wonderful seven days of photography in Croatia with Igor from Croatia Photo Tours. While Croatia wasn't my first choice for a photo tour, or even to visit, the more I enquired of friends who had been there and researched online the more appealing it became. That research also revealed Croatia Photo Tours to be one of the few companies offering such tours, with Igor being very responsive to my early enquiries and promptly offering to prepare an itinerary based around my interests.

The final itinerary encapsulated the true diversity of Croatia, from the old town character of Zagreb through to the stunning beauty of Plitvice Lakes, Krka National Park and Istria, and finally the rich history of Split, Korcula and Dubrovnik in Dalmatia.

Igor was a great guide, organising all the accommodation, which was very comfortable, and with the tour cost covering all tolls and entry fees. He was very accommodating in order to keep my costs down as a single traveller, and tolerant of my inadequacies as a photographer, being always on hand to offer advice where needed such that I believe I left Croatia a better photographer than when I started (am now confident shooting fully manual). And importantly the tour was conducted at a relaxed pace that allowed plenty of time to indulge in the local culture, cuisine and, given the hot weather, cold beverages, with Igor's local knowledge a great asset!

While I'd suggest travelling out of the summer tourist season if you want to avoid the crowds, I can thoroughly recommend a photo tour with Igor and Croatia Photo Tours if you want to experience the real Croatia and improve your photography at the same time!

Igor-CPT, Manager at Croatia Photo Tour, responded to this reviewResponded August 25, 2016

Hey Mike,

thanks a million for the kind words. It truly was fun hopping around despite the summer heat and I am most grateful to hear you are now a confident manual shooter :) Hope your new travels are just as good!

Reviewed June 17, 2016 via mobile

Booked this photo tour with Igor to the Plitvice lake as I would really want someone knows the area well to find the perfect photo spots.

Igor is an experienced photographer who is friendly and provided many good suggestions on where and how to take the photos (photos uploaded here are just from my iPhone;).

It was a very enjoyable trip to this beautiful national park and I would highly recommend this if you are into photography or simply enjoy a private tour with a professional photographer of your own ;)

1  Thank SILW
CPT-CroatiaPhotoTour, Manager at Croatia Photo Tour, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2016

Hey guys, thanks for the kind words, hope the rest of your visit to Croatia was just as good, enjoy!

Best, Igor