“Croatia is a vibrant and colourful country that is rich in culture, all the ingredients for great photography!”
Review of Croatia Photo Tour

Zagreb Photo Tour
Ranked #24 of 59 Outdoor Activities in Zagreb
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Photography tours in Croatia led by local professional photogs - day and weekly tours, from hotspots to backlands. Flexible to your needs and timetables. Rely on us for a photography-centered tour, workshop or active vacation. We strive to take you and your photography to new heights. With us you can find a new, more intimate way to truly connect with Croatia and its people - to get a sense of place beyond the landmarks.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed August 24, 2016

I've recently returned from a wonderful seven days of photography in Croatia with Igor from Croatia Photo Tours. While Croatia wasn't my first choice for a photo tour, or even to visit, the more I enquired of friends who had been there and researched online the more appealing it became. That research also revealed Croatia Photo Tours to be one of the few companies offering such tours, with Igor being very responsive to my early enquiries and promptly offering to prepare an itinerary based around my interests.

The final itinerary encapsulated the true diversity of Croatia, from the old town character of Zagreb through to the stunning beauty of Plitvice Lakes, Krka National Park and Istria, and finally the rich history of Split, Korcula and Dubrovnik in Dalmatia.

Igor was a great guide, organising all the accommodation, which was very comfortable, and with the tour cost covering all tolls and entry fees. He was very accommodating in order to keep my costs down as a single traveller, and tolerant of my inadequacies as a photographer, being always on hand to offer advice where needed such that I believe I left Croatia a better photographer than when I started (am now confident shooting fully manual). And importantly the tour was conducted at a relaxed pace that allowed plenty of time to indulge in the local culture, cuisine and, given the hot weather, cold beverages, with Igor's local knowledge a great asset!

While I'd suggest travelling out of the summer tourist season if you want to avoid the crowds, I can thoroughly recommend a photo tour with Igor and Croatia Photo Tours if you want to experience the real Croatia and improve your photography at the same time!

Igor-CPT, Manager at Croatia Photo Tour, responded to this reviewResponded August 25, 2016

Hey Mike,

thanks a million for the kind words. It truly was fun hopping around despite the summer heat and I am most grateful to hear you are now a confident manual shooter :) Hope your new travels are just as good!

All reviews
"knowledge"
"croatia"
in 16 reviews

Reviewed June 17, 2016 via mobile

Booked this photo tour with Igor to the Plitvice lake as I would really want someone knows the area well to find the perfect photo spots.

Igor is an experienced photographer who is friendly and provided many good suggestions on where and how to take the photos (photos uploaded here are just from my iPhone;).

It was a very enjoyable trip to this beautiful national park and I would highly recommend this if you are into photography or simply enjoy a private tour with a professional photographer of your own ;)

1  Thank SILW
CPT-CroatiaPhotoTour, Manager at Croatia Photo Tour, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2016

Hey guys, thanks for the kind words, hope the rest of your visit to Croatia was just as good, enjoy!

Reviewed May 20, 2016 via mobile

Booked Igor at short notice and had a fantastic tour. Communication was excellent throughout ( he speaks perfect English) and the tour was first class. He's both knowledgable and interesting. He will help you with basic camera skills if you require it but is also happy to let you just do your own thing. Highly recommended.

CPT-CroatiaPhotoTour, Manager at Croatia Photo Tour, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2016

Thanks for the kind words David, hope you had a great time on the rest of your short trip too. Hope to see you again in the fall :)

Reviewed April 12, 2016 via mobile

I stumbled upon Croatia photo tour while I was reading TA reviews of tours before my trip to Zagreb. I have always wanted to do a photography tour and based on the raved reviews I immediately sent an email asking for a price quote and an itinerary and got a quick response . Igor ( the photographer ) is flexible and accommodating in organizing my 10 days tour.

Throughout the tour, Igor was patient in explaining the mechanism of the camera and the basics of shooting in manual mode. He would let me get comfortable in practicing one new thing I learned before moving onto another technique .

After the tour, I have learned all basics for shooting day and night sceneries and was comfortable in using tripod and doing long exposure shots. At the same time, I have visited all the places I wanted and had an amazing time in Croatia.

I appreciate the extra effort that Igor has put in for arranging my tour as it was off season in Croatia and many accommodations and boat cruises and services were not available .

I could not express my gratitude enough for the most memorable photography tour I had with Croatia photo tour. So for anyone who is looking for a sightseeing tour with some photography guidance on the side, or any photographer aiming to improve their skills and going to some fabulous shooting location , I would highly recommend the Croatia photo tour.

1  Thank hkhappygal
CPT-CroatiaPhotoTour, Manager at Croatia Photo Tour, responded to this reviewResponded April 14, 2016

Really glad we could make this tour happen, Carrie. You were open to my suggestions regarding locations and hard-working when it came to applying new found photography knowledge. You also brought some sun with you so we had 10 dry and warm days :)

It was a bit of a challenge to connect the dots out of season, but we were rewarded with some exceptional sights, such as the fog rolling in from the open sea at sunset.

Thanks for your trust, we'd love to have you around again!

See more reviews
Reviewed November 6, 2015

Wanted to tour Plitvice Lake National Park and found Igor Nobilo's company Croatia Photo Tour (contact 385-98411171). Had a wonderful day of photography, tour of the best vantage points in Plitvice Lake for taking photos, even went off road to check out a farm, and learnt about Croatian modern life while chatting with intelligent, thoughtful and highly experienced photographer Igor. And for a very fair price.
Igor emailed answers immediately, and was 10 minutes early to pick me up - responsible and responsive - thank you so much !
He tailored the tour to suite my photography experience and elevated my almost nil technical know-how. From overexposed shots, he got me taking long-exposures of the falls, creating a silky effect using my dinky four-thirds frame GX7 Panasonic Lumix. Igor is patient and thoughtful. Never once made me feel foolish even when I was on the wrong setting initially. He gently suggested how to frame some shots, select the metering and the focal point of the composition to visibly improve all my photos, only when asked. He was never pushy and respectful of the individual's personal vision. PLUS he knew the best vantage points of the lake, and those fitting the season (I visited late fall, 15 days too late for the foliage change - darn! - but the water level is now is high and the falls gorgeously robust) .
He also took me off road when I asked to visit a farm, and we ended up in the midst of a herd of lovely and curious milk cows. I'd never been checked out by a bovine and it was the most fun experience.
I also asked him for an extra long lunch break so we could try a nationally famous restaurant near the lakes (he helped me pick a really delicious dish which 6 hours later I am still drooling over).
Note - the tour began from an 8.45am pickup, included a two hour drive each way (extra hour on the way there for farm and a short photo opp at Slunj watermill village stopovers), 2 ferry rides one at the middle and another to the lower portion of the park, 2 hikes (longer at the middle lake portion and shorter at the lower because of early dusk) and a shuttle back to the carpark. Dropoff at hotel.

1  Thank HappyinHK888

Hi again,

sorry for the delayed response. I still smile to think of our meetup with the milk cows. So glad I could pass on some knowledge in such a short time, hope you are practicing regularly. Would love to show you other sights in Croatia, so much more to explore!