See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed January 2, 2018

the rooms are not like those in the picture, the sheets are worn, it is full of electric wires on the walls.
The hostel is home to bums and strange old people living in the common area.
The smell is unbearable and the bathrooms and showers are very dirty and free of soap and toilet paper.

I have traveled a lot and often in hostesses both in the Balkans and in the rest of Europe. One of the worst experiences I've ever had.

Room tip: stay away, we found a mint in the room!
Date of stay: January 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank aeon_in
Reviewed July 13, 2017 via mobile

I have to say I really don't understand all the negative reviews. This hostel is super cheap for European prices and still it has everything. Showers wich are working in both ways very hot and very cold. A open kitchen to use for everbody a big fridge, wifi wich is coming and going, BUT it's there. Hello, they even have a MASSAGE CHAIR!! In which other hostel you can find that?! I think the people who wrote those reviews and spoke about the atmosphere, have to realize that the atmosphere is not coming out of nowhere. If you want to have a great vibe, YOU have to create it, be social, start random conversations with the people around you.

It's the cleanest hostel in wich i ever was!seriously, they're deep cleaning the whole place every day! I've to say I've just been in asia before, but still, the stuff is super chill and you can feel that they're giving there best.

Date of stay: July 2017
Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank trudig41
Reviewed July 13, 2017 via mobile

This place could be really nice, if the staff cared. It has a decent kitchen, tram stop right outside and communal area. The biggest frustration is the hopeless internet connection - sometimes on, sometimes not - does anyone care? No. While it remains so cheap it won't go out of business, but it could be so much better...

Date of stay: July 2017
Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed July 30, 2016 via mobile

The hostel was a bit disappointing for the room and it's facilities let it down.

The hostel itself was in an okay location, with the ability to get a tram into the city it wasn't too difficult to get around. There was also a dm for toiletries 30 seconds away as well as a couple of places along the road to buy food and drink.

The hostel was easily spotted by the road. Upon walking in you walk through the common area through to reception, the staff seems unenthusiastic about you staying there and didn't smile once.

The room we stayed in was a shared 8bed dorm, and it left much to be desired. Although having a shower and a toilet in the room and a lock on the door, there was no lockers to store stuff and there was only one plug in the main room that I saw. The aircon was not switched on and there didn't seem to be any control to do so. The toilet and shower also had doors which did not lock.

The main reason for the bad review was the fact that the hostel itself seemed to be in use when it was being redone itself. Exposed wires hung from the ceiling in our room and there was no sense of finishing. Even the shower had to be held in the hand while washing and the water was all over the floor.

The people who go here are usually interrailing at the time and are used to going to the cheapest hostel possible, but many of us expect even some basics such as a locker in the room to make sure that our stuff is safe, even if we have to pay extra for it.

Date of stay: July 2016
Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed August 19, 2015

I stayed two nights in Hostel 54, and its a bit of a shame that there was construction work while i was there but I´m sure its gonna be nice when its done. First off, common area was really not my cup of tea, it seemed dirty and preparing food was not a pleasure. The room was decent, pretty big for what I was expecting and the aircon really made it pleasant to sleep there, without it I would´ve died! Staff seemed friendly even though I didn´t interact that much with them.

Date of stay: August 2015