“Pleasant atmosphere and great location”
Review of Hotel Jagerhorn

Hotel Jagerhorn
Ranked #2 of 59 Hotels in Zagreb
Reviewed December 8, 2013

Love the location which is right between the Upper and Lower Town. It even has an almost exclusive-like staircase that goes up right to the heart of Upper Town! Friendly service, quaint rooms and thoughtful toiletries as well. Also appreciated the welcome email with directions that was sent right after my internet booking. Very friendly service both at reception and breakfast.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
Irma_Mi, Front Office at Hotel Jagerhorn, responded to this reviewResponded December 22, 2013

Dear guest,

thank you for staying with us and writing your review, we really appreciate your nice feedback here! We are glad to know you found our backyard stairs convenient to take you to the Upper town, as well as that our service and accommodation met your needs.

We are hoping to have another opprortunity to welcome you!

Reviewed December 5, 2013

Cosy, warm, good breakfast, good quality of service, 1 minute from Zagreb main square and easy transportation, not so expensive: I loved my stay in Jägerhorn hotel.
I would definitely recommend this hotel for tourism or work stay in Croatia.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Irma_Mi, Front Office at Hotel Jagerhorn, responded to this reviewResponded December 7, 2013

Dear guest,

We appreciate this nice recommendation, thank you for posting it! Hopefully tourism or work will soon bring you back when we would warmly welcome you again!

Reviewed November 24, 2013

It’s the city’s one of the oldest hotel but very well maintained. Its unique in its location as its nestled perfectly between Upper and lower town in the heart of the city.
Everything like shopping, eating, sightseeing is just walkable distance. Ideally positioned.

Reception area is too small with friendly staff to attend. Only one drawback was no lifts in the hotel. Completely understand that it’s one of the oldest but as with the growing time few modern things should be adapted. One has to drag own bags up to the room and if you unfortunate to get the room on the last level all the best with the bags!

The rooms are clean and comfortable. Bathroom needs to be taken a little care as far as maintenance is concern also needs to fix more lights. The sitting area in passage has well décor. Breakfast is average not much option and the outdoor terrace is wonderful! The hotel does arrange transfer from airport to the hotel and back of course at a charge. It really helps to chase all the trouble away and have hassle free transfers.

Don't think grab for the rate you getting. you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Nins_12

Dear guest,

thank you for staying with us and taking your time to write this nice recommendation! We really appreciate your feeedback and review. Thank you for all the nice words and for not having a second thought on choosing another hotel! :) We are sorry if bringing up / down your luggage from your room was not offered to you at reception, as we do offer that service. Building a suitable lift is in our future plans, maybe it will already be there for your next visit :)

We are looking forward to the opportunity of welcoming you again!

Reviewed November 24, 2013

I stayed here for one night last week and absolutely loved it. From the moment I walked in the door I felt welcomed by the nice lady at reception. I had a beautiful room with a nice comfortable bed and lots of soft pillows. The bathroom was large and sparkling clean. Great shower with plenty of hot water and good water pressure! Breakfast was great, good selection of meats and cheeses, fresh vegetables, bread rolls, juices, yogurt and sweet breads, and hot food also. I was offered a delicious cappuccino and the man making my coffee made a little design in the foam of a smiley face with a wink. It's those small touches that I will always remember.

The next day I transferred to the Hotel Dubrovnik because I was meeting a friend and they booked the room. It was not as nice, unfriendly reception, the room was old, and there was only one pillow on my bed which I had to fold in half to watch TV. The whole time I was there, I was wishing I could be back at hotel jaegerhorn. I am going back to Zagreb for one night this week and of course I booked a room at hotel jaegerhorn! It is my dads birthday, so it's the perfect place to spend the evening in Zagreb.

I highly recommend this hotel as it is very well located, central to everything, two minutes from the main square, right on the Main Street (Ilica) with shops and places to eat. Even though it is in the center, I did not hear any street noise as the hotel is slightly recessed from the main road. They even arrange pickup from the airport or bus station for a reasonable fee if you should request it!

I can't wait to return to this hotel and do not hesitate to recommend it for anyone traveling to Zagreb, whether on business or for pleasure.

Estela

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo

Dear Estela,

We are so delighted and encouraged with your review! I can only say that the whole team really appreciates your kind words and after your second stay we can't wait to welcome you back when you will be visiting Zagreb and Croatia again! Guests like you really stay in our nicest memories...

We wish you all the best and hope the road takes you again to us some time soon!

Best regards from Jagerhorn team,

Reviewed November 23, 2013

Stayed here in Oct as myself and friends were running in the Zagreb marathon. Superb location 200m from the main square just behind the main street yet lovely and oasis like. Staff were excellent, friendly and helpful. Excellent English and any request or question was always met with a smile and helpful attitude. Rooms were very clean, high ceilings good quality furnishings and excellent shower. Beds very comfortable.
Breakfast buffet was brilliant and again super polite service.
Prior to arriving I had quite a bit of email communication always efficiently answered.
Overall fantastic place and great value. Faultless will definitely go back.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends

Dear guest,

thank you for choosing us for your stay during the marathon in Zagreb, and for posting such an amazing review! It is really delighful to read it, and we are happy we could make your stay with us as pleasant as you described it. I don't remember did we ask how was your result at the marathon :)

We are looking forward to your visit when the next occasion arises!

Reviewed November 18, 2013

I have to be objective , as always, no matter what it is about my country . Hotel in the city center . There is no better position or another . Right in the center , but do not feel the noise of trams, urban bustle and traffic . At a few minutes of you , you can visit most sights , feel the pulse of the nightlife or just throw it in the shopping at malls . The hotel has only two floors. He is the oldest hotel in the capital , but meets the standards of the most demanding guests . I'll give him the highest mark in my assessment , because it has a greater range of categorization (and probably did not even get to , there is no swimming pool and other things that accompany higher classification ) , but all it compensates with the location . You can sit outside in the evening , the city is full of buildings with outdoor tables and quartz lamps and blankets . so you do not feel that the end of November. Breakfast is rich . All the best of Croatian brands can be found on this congratulations management of the Hotel . Zdenka cheese ( most cheese spread ex Yugoslavian ) Dukat milk and fruit yogurt , Podravka's Lino Prayer ( better than Nuttela ) , Franck coffee , etc. From my window to see the famous funicular. Gradec is a part of Zagreb, and together with Kaptol it is the medieval nucleus of the city. 2 minutes walk from the hotel. hotel has a private parking a few minutes from the hotel. In short: I'd been guest again. The friendly reception staff are ready to meet and help. Our professional staff that will leave additional minute if you are late with breakfast. Neat. renovated and it shows. carpets in the rooms. you have own heating system.

Room Tip: 202, that was my room, excellent views
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Irma_Mi, Front Office at Hotel Jagerhorn, responded to this reviewResponded December 8, 2013

Dear guest,

We really appreciate your compliments and this lovely recommendation, thank you for taking the time to post it! And thank you for noticing all the little details that we're making the effort to provide (such as Croatian brands at breakfast). Our entire team is encouraged by your words and we are looking forward to welcoming you back again!

Reviewed November 15, 2013

Stayed for 4 nights in Sept. 2013. Lovely charming building. Quiet, as it is off the street, but in the most perfect central location possible. Breakfast was great, both the food and service. The young, friendly staff at reception spoke excellent English and could not have been more helpful and professional. They will anticipate your every need. Even helped us call to arrange transportation for later in our trip. Traveling with a group of 4 who had never been to Croatia before. Staff assisted us with recommendations for sightseeing and restaurants all of which were terrific. We received invaluable help and advice from Davor, Ina, Emma, and Goran (hope names are right). All the other staff we met were friendly and helpful as well. One more thing, don't shortchange your time in Zagreb. It's a fascinating European capital with much to do and see.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear guest,

it is really a pleasure to read your words of praise and compliments! Thank you for sharing your good experience and for making the effort to express your satisfaction with the service of our staff . And especially for remembering the names - you wrote them all right! (except Emma, she is with only one "m", but she doesn't mind it :))

We truly hope you will have another opportunity to visit Zagreb and stay with us again!