“Always a Pleasant Stay”

Ranked #9 of 58 Hotels in Zagreb
Kent, England
“Always a Pleasant Stay”
Reviewed February 7, 2012

I cannot agree with the review posted recently by Silence_777. In my experience the Hotel is reasonably priced and all of the staff have always been polite and attentive. As for the comment of the card needed to keep the air conditioning working all I can say is that I travel to a different country every week on business and virtually every decent business hotel that I stay in has a card system in place to prevent wastage of electricity. I have been in the hotel as a resident for the last 4 nights during the freezing conditions (up to -12) and I have had no problem with my room temperature on entry after a full day of training in the conference centre.
I should also like to thank two particular members of staff, Igor and Maji who are always smiling and very helpful whenever I have stayed or need advice on local restaurants. (I only wish all receptionists were as friendly as they are when I travel) All of the staff have been excellent but it seems by coincidence that Igor and Maji always seem to be on duty whenever I am about. The rooms are clean and all that is required when travelling on business, with comfortable beds and a through housekeeping service. I have only ever eaten the food from the restaurant using room service (as I tend to go out to try local restaurants) and it is very good. I have give the hotel only 4 stars instead of 4 due to the lack of leisure facilities. However, it is my hotel of choice when visiting Zagreb. The fact i have to take a taxi to the centre of Zagreb at a very small cost of about 25 HRK is no problem for me. I should also add the the service provided by the staff servicing the conference facilities has been excellent.They are most attentive and are always on hand to deal with any issue arising during the seminar concerning technical or catering arrangements.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Lawrieday

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
Croatia
Reviewed February 6, 2012

I must say I was expecting more from this hotel, considering it has quite a good reputation in zagreb. First contact at the check - in was not impressive. I waited while 2 staff had a chat. Guy who checked me in wasn't very friendly, didn't even explained about breakfast or anything else. Room is very nice,seems new,but inside it was so cold that I kept my coat on! Obviously air condition doesn't work without card being placed. Which is fine,but it was -10 outside so not the best feeling to enter a cold room!
2 cups which were in the room for tea were dirty-not washed properly!! Breakfast fine, nothing special.
All together, hotel is fine, but they need to put more efforts in putting it up to high standards.

• Stayed February 2012
Reviewed February 3, 2012

Very good hotel , beatiful rooms,very good brekfast,kindly people

• Stayed January 2012
Reviewed February 1, 2012

I would stay here again if I went back. Nice entrance with good bar. Breakfast and rooms good. Easy to get into town. 15mins walk.

• Stayed November 2011
Reviewed January 10, 2012

Fantastic in all respects. Will definatley stay here again. Have already recommended to friends and family, some of which have since stayed here and felt the same.

• Stayed October 2011
The World
Reviewed December 11, 2011

Having stayed here several times before over the past 2 years, I selected this hotel over some of the higher rated ones I'd stayed in previously. The rooms are very comfortable (recently renovated) crisp white linen; comfy duvet, bathrooms excellent and all was very clean. Great value for money if you book ahead over the internet.
Room service was prompt (20 min) and my club sandwich delivered by friendly staff (& it was good).
The International is located just outside the CBD, easy commute to the centre. It was easier for meetings & parking here than in central Zagreb.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Romy100
Neum, Federation of Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bosnia and Herzegovina
Reviewed November 27, 2011

Last weekend I spent in Zagreb with my family. We stayed at Hotel International, and everythig was really excellent. People who work there are so kind, location of hotel is perfect and the rooms are really great. But, waht I loved the most was food in restaurant, I was really surprised.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family