“A successful mixture of urban restaurant and steakhouse”

OXBO Urban Bar & Grill
Ranked #54 of 811 Restaurants in Zagreb
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Croatian
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: OXBO Urban Bar & Grill has the best Black Angus beef steaks in Zagreb! After you try them there’s no going back. Restaurant Executive Chef Goran Brncic has created a contemporary menu, with popular foods from Croatia, Europe, The America’s and Asia. OXBO is located on one of the main roads in Zagreb, Ulica grada Vukovara. Your new favorite restaurant in Zagreb features urban design - with the open theater kitchen at the heart of the action. You can sit at the dining bar and feel the heat of the busy kitchen. In the restaurant’s informal atmosphere steal the cooking tips and a recipe or two from our OXBO kitchen team. With a variety of seating options, OXBO suits your mood at any given time, whether you’re coming in for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
Reviewed July 11, 2013

It was Sunday and when I was invited to this restaurant for a business lunch, I thought that I won't enjoy in a restaurant which is a part of a hotel. But I was so pleasantly surprised. Since I've entered the restaurant, I've forgotten my attitude. The restaurant has a real urban flaire, is very nice, with all kinds of sitting possibilities. I am a meat cutter and I know a good piece of steak, and this restaurant exceeded my expectations. Wow, the steak melt in my mouth. Service was top notch. My glass of water and my glass of wine was always full. If you search for a great meal with great urban atmosphere, this is your place. You will feel spoiled and stay there longer that you've intended at first.

DoubleTreeZagreb, Manager at OXBO Urban Bar & Grill, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2013

Dear guest,

thank you for choosing OXBO Urban Bar & Grill for your business lunch and posting this positive review.

I am glad that you have enjoyed our steak selection and our caring service.

I hope to see you soon.

Damir Huber, Food & Beverage Service Manager at OXBO Urban Bar & Grill

Reviewed July 11, 2013

Sounds like I'm going against the grain with the reviews here, but....had lunch here...distinctly unimpressive....ordered chicken ceasar...limp salad, no taste, seemed to lack the basic ingredients of a chicken ceasar. They might be good at steaks, but a basis salad seemed to be beyond them.

Dear guest,

I am sorry to hear that we didn't manage to make your lunch with us a satisfactory one. We appreciate your feedback and I will discuss your comments about the Caesar salad with our Executive Chef.

We do hope we will have an opportunity to welcome you back so we can improve on your first impression.

Damir Huber, Food & Beverage Service Manager at OXBO Urban Bar & Grill

Reviewed June 18, 2013

I am a meat lover! I love all kinds of meat, but since I have spent a good portion of my life in USA, I appreciate good steaks and burgers.
Although I was born in Zagreb, and I love it and it's restaurant scene, I pretty much gave up on finding a restaurant that will offer me a really good steak.

Thanks to my business partner who stayed at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel and his idea to grab a quick lunch in their OXBO restaurant, I have found my favorite restaurant in Zagreb. I had no idea they even existed, and not only that! That they have the best beef in Zagreb! Oh joy!!!

We took what they call an OXBO salad with black Angus flank steak and baby shrimp (I thought it would be a nice meal for a quick lunch)...it was everything but a quick lunch! After having a perfectly cooked flank stake with the perfect amount of seasoning I went for my favorite- a BURGER. Now, I've had my share of burgers in life, but this burger was extraordinary! Love the homemade ketchup, love the homemade potatoes, love the burger!

I went back today-still fascinated!

DoubleTreeZagreb, Manager at OXBO Urban Bar & Grill, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2013

Dear guest,

it's always nice to receive a nice appraisal but what makes me very happy to hear is that we managed to satisfy your love for the steaks. Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience with us and we are hoping to stay your favorite restaurant for a long time.

Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed June 12, 2013

We were drawn to the restaurant because of it was recommended as a great stake place. The stakes were really excellent, the rest of the food was a bit over seasoned for my taste, but maybe it was meant to suit an American palate. The deserts were rather creative and mostly fruit inspired. The atmosphere and setting is lovely although it's right in the lobby of a big business hotel.

DoubleTreeZagreb, Manager at OXBO Urban Bar & Grill, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2013

Dear guest,

Thank you for dining at OXBO Urban Bar & Grill and taking the time to post a review. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our stakes and apologize if the seasoning was not to your taste.

Should you be joining us in the future, we would be more than happy to accommodate your preference.

Hope to see you soon.

Reviewed June 12, 2013

This was my third visit to Oxbo since the opening and I am as satisfied with the experience as I was the first time round. The steaks are great, done exactly as requested, meat is tender and melts in your mouth. Oxbo is already famous for them in Zagreb. But I also enjoy trying out other food on the menu and their pea soup with Mediterranean herbs is to die for - like lying on the beach in the summer - I didn't think it could get any better. But now they have this corn soup that takes you to a different galaxy. The desserts are also great, the cheese forrest fruit tart is delicious and makes you want to start eating all over again in the same evening, from the appetizers such as the spinach and cottage cheese salad to the main course - they offer really good salmon (steak is always my first choice). IThe atmosphere is cool, done in the steakhouse style, and the service is impeccable. definitely recommend the restaurant.

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post such a positive and comprehensive review. I am very glad that you enjoy both our famous steaks as well as our new menu.

See you again soon.