“If you dont have to go, dont go !”
Review of Akamaru Japanese Cuisine - CLOSED

Akamaru Japanese Cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Japanese cuisine with a variety offer of wok, sushi, desserts, salads, fingerfood, comfort food. Takeout. Located in the centre of Zagreb. Great offer for vegetarian, vegan and people with specific needs in food preparing.
Reviewed September 22, 2013

The location and the interior of the restaurant are very strange for that kind of food, I didnt like the interior and the decoration is more for a hamburger fast food, and not for sushi ! The staff is very slow, or I would like to say the need one more waiter , and I would recomand them to write down the order so they dont have to come twice. For the location, service and the interior the prices are to high. The food was ok, nothing spectacular, a middle class suhshi and maki, but the surimi was really fresh and good. So for this price and quality of service its better you choose any other food and restaurant in Zgreb !

Reviewed September 20, 2013

Bad decoration choose for a Japanese restaurant. It seems u are in a fast food restaurant, even for the music. Service was slow and have difficulties in understanding waitress. For the other hand, food was good and chef even tries to make some innovations in classic Japanese style, some of them interesting others not. With the correct environment could work. Soy sauce too much salty.

2  Thank Viajero I
Reviewed May 8, 2013

Because I love to come to this restaurant and I am their most regular guest, I want to tell the world that sushi like this you can not find everywhere. Food served in this restaurant is the note of the perfection and one extraordinary experience. This is one of the restaurants that needs to be awarded for FOOD, and I can not say this for many restaurants.

6  Thank Yvonne L
Reviewed May 1, 2013

It was Thursday and my boyfriend and I went in restaurant around 7 pm. We entered restaurant and there were around 5 small tables for two people and 5 for four people. Only tree tables were occupied. We set down and waitress came and asked us do we have reservation. Since we didn't have she told us that we can’t eat and she asked us to leave. Explanation was that they have special offer on kolektiva (internet offers) and that is reason why we have to leave. I would understand that restaurant was full or that on the tables were reservation sign. We were costumers that wanted to pay full price and we got kicked out. I think that was so unprofessional and we will never come again.

Sandra

2  Thank milksnake
Reviewed April 18, 2013

I wanted to try something different so I went to the restaurant located in subica and the waitress seemed like she was completely lost. My boyfriend and I ordered miso soup and 3 different kinds of sushi. The food was not bad however we realized that we would still be hungry, we wanted to order 2 more things and the waitress told us that we couldn't. I was shocked, I have never been to a restaurant were the waitress told us that we couldn't order food, later we complained after the shock wore off then she claimed that there were reservations so we could but we'd have to wait. Extremely unprofessional and completely ruined the whole experience!!!!!! The other location may not be bad however I do not recommend this to anyone who would like to have a nice relaxing meal with good company. Note to owner, hire a new staff.

2  Thank Kristina M
firedragon1608, General Manager at Akamaru Japanese Cuisine, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2013

Regards, Kristina M,

We apologize for any inconvenience that you and your boyfriend experienced. I believe that the waiting staff warned you politely about the time period that you should wait before you sat down. That's why we are working with reservation method. Next time please reserve your place and enjoy the dinner with comfort. This way I'm inviteing you both to a free dessert.
To assure the freshness of our food and ingredients, we work with reservations. Hope you understand our effort to bring you the best sushi in town.

All apologies and best regards,
GM & Executive chef