DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Zagreb
$95
Agoda.com
$82
1,233 results
All reviewsdouble treefloor to ceiling windowswelcome cookiegreat hotelbusiness districtcorner suitefitness centermodern hotelcity centrebusiness triptop floorgreat roomtram stopthe main bus stationrooms are spaciouspublic transportold town
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Now Croatia seems to take tourists for granted and people working in restaurants and hotels seem more interested in westerners cash than giving good service.
However Doubletree Hilton Zagreb seems more than just a cut above the rest.
Check-in was quick and efficient, the complimentary cookie warm and far too sweet, but a nice touch.
My room was a corner room overlooking the neighbouring shopping and entertainment complex and the mountains, it was spacious with a great bathroom with bath and huge shower. A TV at the end of the bed was a little too large to watch in bed comfortably but had an interesting line up of channels, I wasn't expecting BBC1 Channel Islands, BBC 2 Northern Island, BBC3 or ITV Central. More Croatian channels are a must, where was SPTV, Doma, RTL 2, HRT3 and HRT4?
The restaurant had an interesting menu and my steak was perfectly served and the price reasonable, the waitress efficient and charming. Wines by the glass a little expensive but of very good quality.
Soundproof rooms allowed for a great nights sleep, with the airconditioning mellow in the background and blackout curtains keeping out the strong intense summer sun in the morning.
Breakfast was mainly very good, my only gripe being the very salty sausages. Lidl do a great range of meaty sausage, likewise Plodine, perhaps this needs investigating. Fresh eggs cooked to order were a nice touch, but if you want to offer bacon please don't serve it up as overcooked and unedible.
A taxi to the airport is just €12, a real bargain, be sure to order as you check out.

Overall a wonderful hotel, located a 15 minute walk from the centre of town or HRK12 quick tram trip (tram station outside hotel) service levels very high with a customer focused offering, often lacking in Croatian establishments. I would certainly return.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank fokkeraway
DoubleTreeZagreb, Public Relations Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Zagreb, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2013

Dear guest,

We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at DoubleTree by Hilton and wanted to thank you for taking the time to post such great and detailed feedback.

I regret to learn that you had issues with the breakfast and I have shared your comments with our Executive Chef in order to improve upon it. I have also noted your suggestions for more Croatian channels so we can discuss it with our TV service provider.

We are looking forward to welcome you back.

Reviewed July 27, 2013

Very helpful and friendly staff. Hotel is conveinately located and only a short walk to the centeral square area in the heart of town. Very friendly people and a very safe city to freely walk about in any part of town. I would recommend Zagreb to any tourists that a visiting Europe for vacation or traveling on business.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
1  Thank James N

Dear guest,

thank you for choosing DoubleTree by Hilton Zagreb for your recent visit to our city and for taking the time to post a review.

I am happy to hear you have enjoyed your stay with us and also in Zagreb which really has a lot to offer.

Hope to see you soon.

Reviewed July 25, 2013

From the moment I arrived, the staff at DoubleTree Zagreb were living up to their mantra of CARE. Although I am not a fan of the warm cookie - too sweet for my taste, I was warmly welcomed and felt that everything was done to ensure I had a rewarding stay.

I am not an easy guest and I would be lying, if I would be telling that everything was perfect. The delivery of my daily newspaper was forgotten and the furniture had some minor damages, but the dedication and passion of the hotel staff made more than up for these shortcomings.

If in Zagreb, I would not hesitate to stay at the DoubleTree again.

Room Tip: Try to get a room far away of the elevators and on the upper floors. Being a Hilton HHonors member helps as well.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Dear guest,

thank you for staying with us and providing us with a feedback of your experience.

We are delighted that you enjoyed the caring service of or team.

I do apologize for the inconvenience caused by failing to deliver the newspaper and I have shared your comment with our Front Desk Manager in order to prevent this from happening in the future.

We are hoping to welcome you back.

Reviewed July 19, 2013

Being a Diamond Member, usually the Hilton Group has never really dissapointed me. We booked a Suite and enjoyed the comfortable bed and spacious room. Best was the service from Ivana. She loved our little 2 year old and vis a versa. She brought her toys and played with her so nicely, whilst still recommending us a wonderful menu. It is rare to find such personnel in todays Hotel industry. We will definitely come back when we travel through or to Zagreb. Location is a little bit outside, but its main purpose is clearly a business oriented hotel.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a Suite forn space
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank lufthansa1974
DoubleTreeZagreb, Public Relations Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Zagreb, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2013

Dear guest,

thank you for your loyalty and choosing DoubleTree by Hilton Zagreb for your recent visit. We are grateful for your feedback and the review.

I am happy to hear that you enjoyed the caring service from our Ivana and have shared your comments with her. She was delighted that she could make your daughter's stay a memorable one.

The whole team is looking forward to welcome you and your family back.

Reviewed July 16, 2013

Great spa hotel still very new. Had spa on the week days to ourselves was busier on the weekend, rooms a little small but excellent value. Restaurant and bar very good. Loved the welcome cookie such a nice surprise.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
DoubleTreeZagreb, Meetings Coordinator at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Zagreb, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2013

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review after your recent visit to DoubleTree by Hilton Zagreb.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and especially our icon- chocolate chip cookie.

Looking forward to welcome you back.

Kind regards,