“Great Place !!!”

Palmers Lodge Zagreb
Ranked #17 of 172 Specialty Lodging in Zagreb
Reviewed March 8, 2013

I have spent 14 days in this hostel and have all the best to say about the facilities and staff.
Very clean, good internet and fantastic location.We liked the atmosphere in the lounge and the fact that everyone was so friendly.
I have stayed at other Palmers Lodge properties in UK , but liked this one the best.
Highly recommended if you are visiting Zagreb.

Room Tip: All rooms are good.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed March 6, 2013

hostel is clean, friendly staff, we booked twin room but the hostel does not have rooms with 2 beds so we got 4 bed room for ourselves with private bathroom for 15 euros per person per night which is ok totally , you can also use kitchen an there is wi fi and computer to use

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 12, 2013

The staff and owner were really nice! It's just a couple of minutes walk to the main train station, close to the bus station too. Everything you need is within walking distance. Cheap beds and the place is clean. Small communal area, tv, little kitchenettte, internet... definitely recommend! Thanks for a great stay :D

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Megan T
Palmers L, Manager at Palmers Lodge Zagreb, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2013

Thank you very much Megan! We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed December 28, 2012

On first arrival in Zagreb (October 2012,) Id arrived waiting for a friend whom didnt show up but stayed at this hostel the night prior. When I arrived and enquired, the staff were very helpful and even offered me a discount rate and helped find my friend. Although we didnt end up staying that night, when we returned to Zagreb eight weeks later (December 2012,) we stayed there for two nights and the service was once again exceptional. The staff made us feel right at home and gave us beds in a six bed room at the price of the eight bed room due to the eight bed room being a bit smelly at the time. The eight bed room is no longer smelly (staff dealt with the issue appropriately) and none of the other rooms were smelly either. The common area was split in two; one area housed the computers and reception with a lovely couch, a mini souvenier shop and vending machines; the other area contained a small yet modern kitchen, super comfy couches and digital television on a great quality wide screen. The rooms were moderately spacious with toilets and bathrooms in most and more shared bathrooms and toilets. The staff made me feel at home when my friends went out and I stayed back not feeling too well. With a five minute walk to the centre, and a two minute walk to the bus and train stations; I would definitely recommend this hostel to anyone travelling in Zagreb; regardless of whether travelling as a couple, as friends or even solo.

Room Tip: Ask for a room further from the road.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank TheCatherineTree

Thank you Tammy, you and Nathan will always have a special place in our little hostel :) See you again soon, we hope !

Reviewed December 4, 2012

I came randomly at the Palmers Lodge Hostel on my way to 7th Vinocom Wine & Food Festival that took place at the top hotel Esplanade.

From the moment I entered the property I was greeted with the smile, polite yet efficient responses and really felt at home. In the course of 2 days I had communications with two charming ladies and one man and all of them left the lasting impression on me.

When I needed to leave some items at a safe place, they helped me, when I needed a coffee I was assisted. As I was not familiar with Zagreb they offered me quickly a wealth of information about the city and my options what to do.

My room was a superb, clean and well aired. I am very happy and strongly recommend this Hostel!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Dusan J
Reviewed November 25, 2012

I stayed one night, then feeling like home I stayed another !!! The place is new, cosy and comfortable. Even if the bathroom are a bit small, they are very clean and works perfectly, I was there during winter, the temperature was great inside. The kitchen is perfect for you to cook your meals or just have some tea or coffee whenever you want.
The staff is extremely kind, the 3 receptionists are fluent in English and chatting with them during my stay was a pleasure (and a surprise). Free internet for the guests, perfect to prepare the rest of your trip.
I hardly recommend this hostel if you want to stay in Zagreb ! Thx Palmers Lodge Zagreb.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank DjordjeMarkovic
Reviewed November 24, 2012

I stayed here only one night. I booked this particular place because it was very close to the train station. The receptionist was very friendly and very helpful. Completely over and beyond the normal! They do not serve breakfast how ever. Definitely would book again!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo