“Great hostel”

Ranked #117 of 153 Specialty Lodging in Zagreb
Amsterdam, Noord-Holland, Netherlands
“Great hostel”
Reviewed August 23, 2013

I stayed at Day and Night Hostel during my stay in Zagreb and I will definitely come back next time I visit Zagreb! Great location, really nice environment, absolutely clean, very fast internet and really nice personnel! Highly recommended!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

Families
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 19, 2013

Only stayed here one night but the staff couldn't have been more helpful. We had a trip to plitvice lakes and split planned for the following day and the staff arranged travel for the whole day for us, booking us a mini bus which was much more comfortable than a train/bus. The driver was very helpful to have once we reached the lakes as he knew where we could buy tickets without having to queue for ages and was very knowledgeable of the area, advising us how best to spend our day at the lakes. The staff also advised us where best to spend the rest of our time in croatia, excellent management and extremely friendly and accommodating

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Thun, Switzerland
Reviewed August 10, 2013

Me and my boyfriend spent 3 nights in the hostel day and night in Zagreb. The first two nights we slept in the private room with the double bed. this room isn't in the hostel itself, it's across the street in a separate building. This double room is excellent for staying a couple of nights, you have wi-fi connection in this building and a kitchen you can use. So you don't have to go to the hostel to cook. the bathroom is all right and air condition is working. the only thing that maybe wasn't perfect were some ants on the floor. i would recommend staying in the double room.
the third night we spent at the 4-bed room in the hostel. you meet a lot of other travellers, but in the night it's difficult to sleep because everybody is talking, coming home late or getting up very early. also there is more noise from the street and traffic.
the staff was just great, they speak perfectly english and are really really nice. we enjoyed staying in day and night in zagreb.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Regensburg, Germany
Reviewed June 12, 2013

This Hostel maybe better before but over the years, the poor management causing the worst backpackers I ever met to gathered here. Perhaps we maybe unlucky but I still believed that the management can improve or looking into this matter.

The location was almost perfect which was somewhere between the bus and train station but it was very noisy, clubbers screeching and cars speeding was heard throughout the night.

The 8 beds dorm we are staying was greatly lacking of sockets for charging. We couldn't even charge our camera or phone when the others will either they plug out ours or fully occupied.

In the pantry/kitchen, with the limited pots. Backpacker A used one pot to cook rice and another for his side dish. The pots was occupied for 2 days for his breakfast and dinner.

Backpacker B did not clean the pots, plates and utensil he used. He was expecting others or the management to clean it for him. Making the sink to stuck with his foods and flooded.

The canned pork with my name written on the side was even eaten by a thief. When it was me and my girlfriend's dinner, resulting our dinner to be so lacking and pathetic.

Lastly, the backpackers in our rooms kept on switching the lights when we and others are sleeping. While just a day before, a group of backpackers talked from 12am to 1am inside the dorm itself while almost others are sleeping.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Bloomington, Indiana
Reviewed June 1, 2013

I stayed three nights in this hostel and I really enjoyed it. (1) It is very conveniently located and quiet. (2) The staff was nice enough to let me check-in a few hours early. (3) The beds have drawers underneath that lock and fit everything I had which helped keep the room from looking cluttered. (4) The common areas made it really easy to meet new people and I met some really great people during my stay.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Vienna, Austria
Reviewed May 17, 2013

we were here some weeks ago. the room we got was not very clean, you could see someone's hair on the carpet. the bedding was old. there was a strange scent. the location was good, there is a tram station just across the street. anyway we were not satisfied with our stay.

• Stayed January 2013

Travelers are raving about these Zagreb hotels

Exmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 20, 2013

I found this hostel was nice, and had good facilities but couldn't help feeling a little uncomfortable at first.
This is because our room is next to the reception, so everytime I went for a shower they could all see you (the receptionists or the people on the sofas) and this is the same for the toilets too as they are next to the reception.
However, it was a good price and in a great location, and so we were able to look round the city, and catch trams etc. but know it was a short distance from where we were sleeping.
Also there was a big fridge and a communal box, which came in handy when we needed to cook something after a long day travelling when we just needed a bit of pasta and pesto!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends