“average hotel in a reasonable comfortable location”
Review of Hotel Ilica

and 1 more site!
Hotel Ilica
Ranked #55 of 59 Hotels in Zagreb
Reviewed September 15, 2013

very close to the center, right in the main street leading to the main square (there is also near by tram station). the staff is very friendly and the rooms are big and nicely decorated. there was an AC and hot water and everything worked as it should.there is also free wifi and the signal is string in the rooms there is also parking for the hotel (but it's extra money).
not very good breakfast

Room Tip: we took the suits in the upper floor .. they are for 4 people and has a great WiFi signal
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed August 30, 2013

Narrow parking space, dust in the rooms, smell in the rooms, dirty toilet, dirty carpets, constant noise, no mini bar, no restaurant, no bar, dirty blankets, no light in the bathroom, no lift. Very strange hotel with no politeness from nobody , especially from the concierge... crazy yelling man. Avoid this hotel.

Room Tip: Do not go there if you would like to sleep
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank Nikola M
Reviewed August 26, 2013

I stayed in this hotel one night last week.I was satisfied about location,service and price, and couldn't say nothing bad, so I say average.Hotel is well located, close to the city center.Breakfast can be better(no butter, only unspecified margarine)..As others have said the price and location are main reason why we choose this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 22, 2013

Three of us stayed here for 2 nights with our motorbikes during a tour of Croatia. You really cannot complain at the price, service or location. Warm welcome, spacious suite albeit quirkily decorated like some Roman-themed "gentleman's" spa. Only complaint is another bunch of loutish guests who were drinking and shouting till the small hours on the terrace. The staff were as upset by these deadbeats and it was good to see the manager bollock them the next morning! Anyway, the Burj Khalifa it ain't, but you won't get better for the money in such a central location.

Room Tip: Not a room overlooking the terrace!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank BristolPavs
Reviewed August 21, 2013

I enjoyed my stay at the Hotel Ilica and would stay here again the next time I visit Zagreb. I was really pleased with the customer service. As others have said, the WiFi is spotty in the main building where the reception and breakfast are, but when I asked they moved me to the other building and had WiFi in my room. It is located right at the Britanski tram stop, and I bought a day tram ticket each day and went everywhere. Yes, breakfast is bread and cereal but the coffee was fantastic. If you are one - like me - who likes a little protein first thing in the morning, you will have to supplement with something from the grocery store. My perception of a place is often colored by the last place I visited, and I so disliked my previous stop that my teeny-tiny room with a functional AC unit was a little slice of heaven by comparison. And a hair dryer. Wow. You pretty much have to carry me over the threshold and give me cognac and chocolate for the '5 star' review (yes, I am hard to please - I have references), but the Ilica is a well-deserved '4 star' in my book.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

We have just spent 2 nights at Hotel Ilica and it has been a comfortable stay but I would say don't expect too much from this hotel.
The positives are it is well located. Ilica is a main road with many shops and the walk to the cafes and the main square is 15 minutes. There is also a tram line but we did not need to use this. We had a double room which is a good size. One queen size bed and another room with two singles, perfect for 2 adults and 2 kids. It was also very quiet. TV worked fine and the hair dryer was good.
Negatives are the wifi was very flaky. It seemed to work best in the lobby but was constantly dropping out in our room. The shower was tiny and quite mouldy. The decor you have to see to believe. There are lamps that don't work, a glass panel that was smashed in our hallway. We also had a big window in our bedroom looking over a garden but was so filthy you could hardly see out of it. Also the air conditioning unit was installed in the hallway so it didn't really cool down either bedroom, not sure what they were thinking. All these things are cosmetic, the room was fine for a couple of nights but it is definitely 3 star. Don't expect more. As mentioned by others breakfast is also very light. Literally bread, butter and jam. Juice tastes watered down but it's enough to get you going in the morning.
We chose the hotel because of the price and you get what you pay for.

• Stayed: July 2013
3  Thank JenVarga
Reviewed June 17, 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights in June and loved the hotel! After reading some previous comments on Trip Advisor was a bit nervous about staying here, but never experienced any problems. The staff and Manager were more than accommodating and so nice, especially Davor, the apartment was clean and spacious. The hotel is located 10 minutes from the main square and beside a tram stop. I would have no hesitation to book here again when in Zagreb.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends