“Excellent”
Review of The Westin Zagreb

The Westin Zagreb
Ranked #15 of 59 Hotels in Zagreb
Reviewed April 13, 2012

I stayed in Westin Zagreb with my husband during our Europe honeymoon trip and we absolutly loved it!!

Front office staff was very friendly and helpful, and they recomended us some great places in Zagreb that we should visit and see.

Our room was absolutly fantastic, with beautiful view of the city center. Since we were on a honeymoon, a complementary fruit basket and great red wine was waiting us in our room!

I must say that the room was squeaky clean!! Food was also wonderful, we especially loved the breakfast buffet! We just couldnt choose what to eat first :)

The location of the hotel is also great, since it is just 10 minutes of walk away from center! in overall, we have enjoyed our stay there and we will definitely be back!!!!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank KellyAustraliaSydney
GSanne, General Manager at The Westin Zagreb, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2012

Dear Sir, Thank you so much for staying at the Westin and thank you for sharing your impressions online. We are happy that you appreciate our efforts in making each individual stay of our guests to a refreshing and rewarding experience. Please visit us again upon a renewed stay in Zagreb. With our kindest regards, Gunnar Sanne, General Manager

There are newer reviews for The Westin Zagreb

Reviewed April 13, 2012

I had a several business meetings in Zagreb during November 2011., so I stayed in Westin for 6 nights.
First of all, a location of the hotel is very convenient, since it is just a few minutes away from the city center, where i have had my meetings.
When I came to the hotel, check- in was very quick and the front office clerk was very friendly. I stayed in a non-smoking room on the 14 th floor, with the great view of the mountains and the city!
The room was spacious and clean, with very comfortable bed. I was very pleased with the food, especially with the Croatian national dishes! Westin definetly deserved my compliments when I saw and expirienced its wellness and swimming pool, it was relaxing and I really replenished myself!
I will be back in Zagreb in May and I will definetly stay at Westin again!

• Stayed: November 2011
1  Thank Mark11223
GSanne, General Manager at The Westin Zagreb, responded to this reviewResponded April 14, 2012

Dear Sir, Thank you for staying at the Westin and thank you for sharing your impressions online. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and I thank you for the compliments given. We are looking forward to welcome you back in May and remain with our best regards, Gunnar Sanne, General Manager

Reviewed April 8, 2012

The Westin was a very good experience - though perhaps not a great one. Views across Zagreb were there for the taking, and location decent. Exterior aspect not particularly brilliant but rooms well equipped with all the 'heavenly' range of Westin products that one expects and looks forward to. Breakfast a disappointment (good variety but quality uneven). Staff always polite and friendly. Parking charge on the steep side, which doesn't seem fair for guests. Showers in the bathrooms are fantastic! Overall, a good place to spend a night in Zagreb. Would do so again.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank businss_travell3r

Dear Sir, Thank you for staying at the Westin and thank you for sharing your impressions online. I am glad that your overall experience including our heavenly bed and showers were to your satisfaction. I thank you for the feedback regarding the breakfast which I will review with our executive food & beverage team. Once again staying at the Westin and we are looking forward to welcome you back. Kind regards, Gunnar Sanne, General Manager

Reviewed March 27, 2012

It's an "american style" hotel but we great service and accommodation. The pillows are great.

2  Thank HMC-PT
GSanne, General Manager at The Westin Zagreb, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2012

Dear Sir, Thank you for staying at the Westin Zagreb and thank you for sharing your impressions online. Our beds are the Heavenly Bed, our specially developed and designed beds for the optimal sleeping experience for our guests. I am glad you enjoyed the sleep.
Welcome back upon return to Zagreb. With our best regards, Gunnar Sanne, General Manager

Reviewed March 24, 2012

The rooms are well lit, spacious and with a high standard of finish. The bed is heavenly and the perfect place to crash! Took room service here and the steak I had was the best I had ever tasted! Very helpful and friendly staff throughout.

1  Thank LondonShopgirl
GSanne, General Manager at The Westin Zagreb, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2012

Thanks for the great feedback and thanks for staying at the Westin. Glad you appreciated our associates and service as well as the steak in the room service. Agree that the Westin is the best hotel choice in Zagreb. We strive hard to keep it that way. Hope to welcome you back soon. With best regards, Gunnar Sanne, General Manager

Reviewed March 21, 2012

Unfortunately, we only spent one night here. The room was extremely comfortable with a great Wifi connection, soft beds & a great shower. The breakfast buffet was the most extensive that I have seen anywhere & beautifully presented. The service was excellent. The Westin is located just minutes from tons of restaurants & bars. Zagreb is a great city.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room & you will have 2 interesting views.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Saltspringsgirl

Dear Sir, Thanks for the great feedback. We are glad you enjoyed the stay at the Westin and in the city of Zagreb. Wish you welcome back soon. Best regards, Gunnar Sanne, General Manager

Reviewed March 9, 2012

I stayed in hotel westin for four nights and I enjoyed it very much. The room was spacious, clean and with a fantastic view of the city. The people at the reception were friendly and very helpful. The hotel is situated within the broader city centre and it takes a 10' walk to reach the heart of the city. The only problem was that in the rooms there was no wifi available and the connection to the internet was cable. I believe that a hotel of this size and stars should provide wifi internet access to its guests everywhere.

1  Thank dorinast
GSanne, General Manager at The Westin Zagreb, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2012

Dear Sir, Thank you for staying at the Westin and thank you for sharing your impressions online. Agree that you can not have a better view of the city then from one of our rooms. The top location makes it also easy to discover the city from the hotel. Wired high speed internet is free in all hotel rooms. Wireless is available in public spaces and bars and restauants free of charge, Our objective is to extend the wireless to all hotel rooms as well within the next few months. Thank you once again for staying at the Westin and we are looking forward to welcome you back. Kind regards, Gunnar Sanne, General Manager