“Don't stop there”

Zagreb Youth Hostel
Ranked #122 of 167 Specialty Lodging in Zagreb
Reviewed August 8, 2013

There was no AC as a consequence you cannot sleep but you sweat all night. There was no kitchen so you cannot save money by cooking yourself. Bathrooms were dirty. And only 2 girl showers for a floor. Moreover very small rooms so you feel packed and you cannot navigate between your bed and the door without difficulty. Very noisy. No wifi in the room. And people at the reception were useless and not welcoming. The only Good thing is the location. It's near everything so this is convenient. But I will never ever go back in this hostel.

• Stayed: August 2013

Reviewed July 16, 2013

The location of this hostel is perfect, in the city centre, close to the bus and train station. They are one of the very few hostels in the city centre with private rooms, which was the reason we booked it. However, the place is really noisy at night, the guys enter girls bathroom all the time which can be annoying, and the feeling in general is like being on a high school trip, so if this is the vibe you're after I can highly recommend it. Wifi is available only in the lobby. They could use a makeover, cause the place looks like it hasn't changed since the socialist Yugoslavia (which might be interesting to some, I guess..)

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Zee84
Reviewed June 20, 2013 via mobile

I stayed only one night, and just because it is the nearest to the train station as I need to catch early train.
Very noisy and I hardly sleep whole night as I keep on hear people in and out from the room. No wifi in a room and aircond which makes really stuffy especially in summer. For the price almost 42 euro per night I would go for something better if not because of the early train.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed January 11, 2013

6 of us 19 year old guys went out there for my 19th in October. We know that the English have a bad reputation but we were welcomed so nicely by all of the staff there. The bar is great, we all went down there every night before going out into the city to have drinks, had some drinks with the staff and smoked inside. it was perfect. They cleaned our rooms, let us do our own thing, didn't complain about us coming in at 3/4/5/6am every night pretty drunk, they still welcomed us! They sorted us out a lift to the airport and charged us a small fee to take us. The trip to the Plitvice country park was incredible, again, the hostel staff sorted us out with this trip. The location was ideal, right in the city centre, 20 minute walk from all of the bars and clubs we wanted to go too and the airport was only a 15 minute drive.

Would love to and seriously contemplating coming back to Zagreb again and staying here. I would definitely recommend it, unless it's a family trip then I probably wouldn't. Any other travel purposes such as going solo or with friends or a couple is absolutely ideal. 5 stars from me!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 3, 2012

Its location between the Main Station and the Main Square is very attractive indeed. I stayed in a fairly small, rather outdated single room with toilet and shower for a low price. There was a road construction going on outside, but it was quiet during the night, so I had no trouble. The front desk chap was friendly and gave me a handful of brochures about Zagreb attractions. The free Wi-Fi in the lobby was just another good thing about this hostel.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 20, 2011

Great location. V near train and bus stations. V helpful staff. Rooms v clean. Could do with a few less beds in each room, was a bit squashed at times. Great hostel tho

• Stayed: July 2011
Reviewed August 15, 2011

A nice hostel close to the train station. The staff was really nice and let us keep our bags in the lockers after check out when we were leaving on the night train. They have washing machine.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple