“Was great” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 58 Hotels in Zagreb
Jerusalem, Israel
“Was great”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for a night. The rate was really good- 75€ for the night. We also got massages at the spa. It was amazing!! Indoor pool was nothing great but the massages rooms and facilities were all new and modern.
It was a short walk to the city cafés and 8 min walk to city center.
Staff very friendly.
Big breakfast buffet.
Would come again

Stayed July 2014
MarioSusak, General Manager at Sheraton Zagreb Hotel, responded to this review, July 29, 2014
Dear Chana100,

Thank you for caring enough to post your review. It's great to hear you were satisfied with your stay experience - we obviously connected and that's what it's all about. The Sheraton Zagreb Hotel awaits your return!

Mario

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Fort Worth, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

I am gold Starwood preferred member, they could not recognize that. And was told they give 15% off food and laundry charges. Then I ask to confirm again I was told that is not true, and if they give me it would come out from the front desk clerk's pay check. And it was not enough that front desk manager Mrs. Ivanka argued with me loudly in the lobby. I felt insulted by her rudeness and attitude. I thought it was very unprofessional of her to talk to any guest. And cleaning was not at par either.

Room Tip: None. I hope by now they would have fired that manager. Under sink lots of water stains specially th...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
      Sleep Quality
    • 1 of 5 stars
2 Thank quest123
MarioSusak, General Manager at Sheraton Zagreb Hotel, responded to this review, July 18, 2014
Dear Guest123,

Thank you for sharing your impressions. It's unfortunate that your experience with our F.O. Manager was such a disappointment. Professionalism, and the Sheraton brand philosophy of connecting with our guests is our M.O., and we obviously missed out on the opportunity to connect with you. I was under the impression that we'd reached an acceptable form of indemnification in direct correspondence with you, but it appears that I'm mistaken. I've addressed your concerns with my FOM and I can assure you that scenarios the likes of this one will never recurr.

San Francisco, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014 via mobile

The staff here is extremely rude! Get used to it. From the front desk to the waiters, they all act like they're doing you a favor!

The only other worst hotel in Zagreb is the Hotel Inter-Continental! That hotel is absolutely THE WORST HOTEL IN ZAGREB from top to bottom. Everything there is absolutely ridiculous!

The hotel and rooms are nice, but only if you get a good one. If you don't, demand a better one. Complain to management, that helped me. The room service is 24 hours, but it's just ok.

This hotel would do if I was pressed for something, but it certainly wouldn't be my first choice. Also, the restaurant in the lobby is a joke! I had guests coming at 2pm, they had a buffet out, but the waiter kept trying to lie to me telling me it wasn't open! He clearly didn't want to work! But he sure got the bill right away! I had to first walk to the front desk and complain to a manager before he agreed to start working! It was a nightmare! And the food was terrible!

Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
MarioSusak, General Manager at Sheraton Zagreb Hotel, responded to this review, July 15, 2014
Dear TheJurisDoctor,

I appreciate your taking the time to post your impressions. It's unfortunate we didn't make the connection with you - what a shame. I'll do a trace of your stay and look into the interaction issues you apparently had with our front office and F&B operational staff. I've made a note of, and will look into your remark regarding the buffet in the restaurant. To make a long story short, I'd like nothing more than to demonstrate that we are and can do better. Do come back - I assure you we'll deliver on a true Sheraton experience!

Regards,
Sheraton Zagreb GM
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

I was here for 4 nights. It is rare in European busy city to find a place that has a comfortable bed, provides peace and quiet. Top marks!
To add to the experience, all the staff were very welcoming, helpful and courteous.
The Halal menu is an added bonus and there are some very nice options to choose from.
I will certainly recommend the hotel to any muslims visiting Zagreb and concerned with finding halal food. The staff are well trained and provide prayer mats, Quran and quibla directions.
All in all a great experience...... well done Sheraton!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
      Cleanliness
    • 5 of 5 stars
MarioSusak, General Manager at Sheraton Zagreb Hotel, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
Dear Travelgurust,

Thank you so much for posting your impressions. Your too kind, and I have to say this positive feedback is a tremendous source of motivation. I'm so glad we made such a great connection with you. Come back soon - the Sheraton Zagreb Hotel eagerly awaits your return.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014 via mobile

Very comfortable large rooms, quiet with good beds and nice toilets. The furniture is a bit worn out and should be replaced, but it wasn't a problem for me. The breakfast is good and also had a good fish and desert for lunch. The staff is also very helpful and nice.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
3 Thank Fatmir S
MarioSusak, General Manager at Sheraton Zagreb Hotel, responded to this review, July 1, 2014
Dear Fatmir,

Thank you for the great review of our hotel! We are glad that you enjoyed your stay @ the Sheraton Zagreb Hotel, and hope that we will be reconnecting soon!

Athens, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

Room was comfortable and quiet with a good bed, the food was excellent, and the staff were always very friendly and helpful. However, the hotel has a very dated look to it and needs a facelift. The stay was enjoyable and I have no complaints, but this is not a five star hotel.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the inside away from the street if you want a window that opens. Either inside or...
Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank TheOtherAthens
Dear Sheraton Zagreb patron,

I appreciate the time you took to share your impressions; thank you for caring. It's great to hear we made the connection, and that we succeeded in making your stay a pleasant experience. I'm very proud of my staff, and I thank you for communicating through your satisfaction with the level of professionalism and service we provided you with. As far as product goes, I would like to draw your attention to the fact that we are rolling out a consequential refurbishment of public areas, F&B outlets and guest-rooms. I hope we'll have the opportunity to reconnect soon - do come back!

Canberra ACT
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

This hotel was probably classed as a 5 star hotel 20 years ago but now would be a fair 3 .5 star place.

However there are some positives.The staff are helpful and friendly and work hard to give you a pleasant stay.

The rooms are well appointed but dated by modern standards.the hotel is clean and the beds comfortable.The bathroom is old style but everything works ok.

Carpets in the hall ways are well and truly past their use by date but are clean

Air con worked ok but I suspect it would struggle in mid summer.

The hotel seems to cater for the bus tours groups and we travelled with an Insight bus tour. Our meal served as part of the tour package was a disgrace and I am amazed a Sheraton hotel could serve meat of such poor quality.it appeared to have been cooked some hours before and re heated.the salad however was fresh. The desert was stale and dry. wine served was quite drinkable.Any restaurant serving a meal of this standard would soon be out of business.We would have eaten here the following day but this meal turned us off eating here.

Buffet breakfast is of a very good standard with a wide range of food and enough choices to satisfy most people.Hot food was replaced as needed so no shortages. 7.5/10 for breakfast.

I would stay here again but not eat here (try Canzona a nice little Italian place about 500 from the hotel-very good and not expensive)

Overall I would say 7/10.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
    • 3 of 5 stars
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
2 Thank rovingrabbit2
MarioSusak, General Manager at Sheraton Zagreb Hotel, responded to this review, June 24, 2014
Dear Rovingrabbit2,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I would like to draw your attention to the fact that we are in the midst of launching a major refurbishment of public areas, F&B outlets and guest-rooms, so I wholeheartedly invite you to come back to the Sheraton Zagreb Hotel - let's reconnect!

'