“Close to City center....”

Sheraton Zagreb Hotel
Ranked #9 of 59 Hotels in Zagreb
Reviewed January 16, 2014

Went there in spring 2013.The hotel is outside still in the same shape, as it was when it opened, also rooms.It is a classic 5 * business hotel, in walking distance 15 minutes to Zagreb City center.The time to its complete rennovation is slowly coming.Staff professional , except cleaners sometimes forgot to take glasses if they were left in front of our doors.Breakfasts are rich, we liked them, lobby bar pleasant to sit in the evening.

Room Tip: classib double room
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Ales A
MarioSusak, General Manager at Sheraton Zagreb Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2014

Dear Ales,

First and foremost of all, thank you for opting with us on the occasion of your recent visit to Zagreb. There's an abundance of hotels to choose from, and I appreciate your loyalty. It's reassuring to hear that we were on top of the game, and we delivered on a pleasant stay experience for you. Thank you for sharing your impressions on TA. I've brought the point of the glasses in the hallway with my Housekeeping and Room Service teams; that's a great tip - I appreciate it. I look forward to your coming back, so please reach out and contact me if I can assist in making your next connection with us even more memorable and fulfilling.

Mario

Write a ReviewReviews (1,045)

Reviewed January 11, 2014

After a fabulous few days in Zadar, we travelled to Zagreb, we booked this hotel as we have stayed in The Sheraton Group Hotels all over the world and have always been happy with them standard until we checked into this hotel! We had booked a non-smoking room so on check in that's what I expected only to be told they had none left and she was not apologetic about it at all, we refused to except it and after much debate with staff we were finally given a non-smoking room. On our walk to the room we noticed the carpet was dirty and had holes everywhere, which is a little discerning,the room was fine but would probably be 3 star standard.
we decided to visit the pool and hot tub next as the outdoor hot tub was one of the features that we had seen on the hotel website and looked forward to after the long drive,so we returned to reception and asked them where the leisure centre wasand was the hot tub open the gentleman on front desk rang down to the leisure centre and spent what seemed like an eternity dialling different numbers to find out but said he got no reply. When we went down ourselves the friendly girls in the spa told us that the hot tub was not working and hadn't worked in months, now presumably the reception staff would have known that!!! The pool is tiny with a low ceiling making it feel claustrophobic and as other reviewers have said it only comfortably fits a few people! We decided to get changed and go out for a meal, as it was raining I asked at reception for a complimentary umbrella (a simple request to any hotel especially a so called 5 star) and I was told they were all gone after complaining for a few minutes I was given a tiny cheap umbrella and told it belonged to a staff member and warned not to lose it, I was also told by this same lady on reception in a very condescending manner that I should rethink my choice of footwear if I was that concerned by the rain and put on a pair of runners, might I had we were going for dinner and I was wearing a dress hardly the usual manner to treat guests!Suffice to stay we spent as little time as possible in this hotel and checked out the next day, we raised our complaints on check out but unfortunately they were given no consideration.
We travel a lot and I would normally always have positve feedback about the hotels we've stayed in but I would definitely not recommend staying in this hotel, it needs a serious overall and is not Sheraton standard!

Room Tip: avoid the hotel!
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank nicola c
MarioSusak, General Manager at Sheraton Zagreb Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2014

Hi Nicola,

I appreciate you're taking the time to share your sentiments about your stay with us 4 months ago. I'm sorry that we fell short of your expecations and I regret not having had the opportunity to fix things while you were with us. Excuses are not my MO, so I'll simply apologize for not delivering on a WoW experience for you. In the event you do come back to Zagreb, and you were to give us another opportunity, I'd personally see to it that you feel that Sheraton Connection you were expecting, but didn't get in September. We can do much better, I assure you. FYI - we're in the midst of embarking on a major refurbishment of public areas, F&B outlets and guest-rooms. Come back and witness our transfromation.

Reviewed January 10, 2014

We stayed in this hotel for New Year Eve and it was wonderful. We liked our room, the SPA center and food in restaurant. Breakfast also was really good. Location is great, only 5 min to the Old Zagreb.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Aleksandra P
MarioSusak, General Manager at Sheraton Zagreb Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2014

Dear Aleksandra,

Thank you for sharing your stay experience impressions with us. You're very kind with this stellar review and I can't tell you how professionally gratifying it is to hear that we were comletely on top of the game. I'll be sure to share the particulars of your review with my team; they'll be elated. I hope I'll be welcoming you back soon!

Best wishes to you and your loved ones in the New Year!

Reviewed December 27, 2013

I stayed in Sheraton Zagreb 5 nights in December 2013 for a conference; it was my first stay here. In this part of the world I must admit I expected marginal service and facilities even in a hotel of Sheraton's pedigree. I was absolutely blown away by the service provided and the attitude of all the staff I encountered, they could not do enough for you. They seemed proud of their hotel and city and a happy guest seemed an adequate reward, tipping was not expected.
The conference facilities were world class, all went without a hitch. Free and great wi-fi connection throughout the hotel a contrast with Hilton Tokyo which I stayed at on the way from New Zealand. The banquets were top class, the best of Croatian cuisine was provided. Rates were cheap (was low season) and the hotel is walking distance to all the main sightseeing spots. I cannot imagine staying anywhere else next time I am in Zagreb.

Room Tip: I had a 3rd floor room, very quiet.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Kiwi112233
MarioSusak, General Manager at Sheraton Zagreb Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 30, 2013

Dear Kiwi112233,

Many thanks for the great review. I can't tell you how motivating it is to get positive feedback like this, as it is testament to the fact that we are delivering on our service promise. Hope to see you back soon - let's reconnect in 2014.

Sincerest best wishes to you and your loved ones for the Holiday Season and the New Year!

Reviewed December 21, 2013

This has the quality you would expect from a Sheraton hotel. I thought the breakfast was good although I do expect that from the Sheraton chain. The piano bar actually produced a very good burger late at night for me and a very good steak and melted cheese sandwich for my colleague at a reasonable price (65Kn). We arrived late at the hotel and the local restaurants had just closed.

Important stuff ~2500 Kn for 2 nights. Nice room free WiFi.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Gerard K

Hi Gerard!

You are very kind in having posted a good descriptive on your stay. It is reassuring to see that you were genuinely satisfied with what you experienced. It will be nice to see you back soon. Please feel free to reach out and give us pointers on how we can raise the bar. It'll be appreciated.

Best wished to you and your loved ones for the Holiday Season!

Reviewed December 20, 2013

I have been in Sheraton Zagreb several times. The hotel is located in the central area, affordable price. Its taking few moments to walk to downtown and most of the sight seeing of Zagreb. If you are with car, there is underground parking behind the hotel, you have to pay separately. Hotel is very clean and quiet. Internet is free of charge but with some annoying setups. Breakfast is included in the price, breakfast is just so so. The hotel is mainly for business trips.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Eitan_Silbiger
MarioSusak, General Manager at Sheraton Zagreb Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 21, 2013

Dear Eitan,

It is truly reassuring to learn that we are meeting the mark in terms of your expectations, particularly in light of the fact that you are a loyal, frequent stayer. Raise the bar and tell us how we can improve your experience.

Thank you!

Reviewed December 20, 2013

The Sheraton Zagreb is ALWAYS my first and only choice when traveling to and staying in Zagreb. In addition to location; the PEOPLE and SERVICE is what makes the difference. The entire staff, from the front desk, housekeeping, room service, and the restaurant and lounge staff............always proactive in accommodating guest requests and problem solving. Efficiency and quality is always top notch. Led by the experienced and stellar GM, Mario Susak, all of my stays at this hotel property; whether business, personal or hosting events for my business have been flawless and not only "no stress"...but very memorable! This property will be even better and even more exciting when it the room renovation is completed! Last minute requests, the highest quality F and B and all staff/services is NEVER in doubt. This always makes my business trips successful and personal trips the beyond. It is a perfect entertain clients and friends and I cant recommend high enough.....my satisfaction after hosting events in their Cafe Imperial. The Piano Bar is also very relaxing and I spend quite abit of time there! Thanks again to Mario and his great staff for providing a welcoming and friendly atmosphere for not only myself...but also friends and business colleagues alike, The Sheraton Zagreb is definitely the best value in Zagreb!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank jcocose

Dear Jim,

You are too kind. Thank you for sharing this, and we look forward to reconnecting with you soon.