“Friendly service”

Ranked #10 of 59 Hotels in Zagreb
Helsinki, Finland
“Friendly service”
Reviewed September 12, 2013

We arrived to Zagreb by train and hotel was near train station. Service in reception was friendly. Hotel room weren't as good as I have used to see in 5 star hotels (for example bathroom looked old). Hotelroom was clean. In Spa Area there was nice outside jacuzzi but there was no water at the moment. Service in Spa area was friendly. Breakfast was ok.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
MarioSusak, General Manager at Sheraton Zagreb Hotel, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Dear Jyrki,

I appreciate the time and effort you've expended in publishing your impressions. It's always good to hear that we were on top of the game at the service end - guest experience is what inspires us to give that little extra. Cleanliness is certainly an area we excel in, and it's great that you took notice. I've made a note of your comments in respect to room decor and bath. FYI - we're doing a major refurb of guest-rooms, public areas and F&B outlets as of mid Q4 this year. I hope you'll be revisiting us soon.

Mario

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
Miami, United States
Reviewed September 10, 2013

Nice hotel, rooms ok, very good breakfast, nice service, but too small for 3 beds - fine for twin or double room but never for triple - my tour operator was very inexperienced in this matter. Restaurant for dinner good food. Although the hotel is supposed to be downtown it is a 15-20 minute walk to the real center and when you have elderly people in your group it makes it a little difficult especially if temperature is in high 80s

Room Tip: As long as rooms are for 2 persons fine, never book it for 3 adults with 3 beds.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
MarioSusak, General Manager at Sheraton Zagreb Hotel, responded to this review, September 13, 2013
Dear Bonita,

Thanks so much for sharing your experience with us. It pleases me to hear that your stay was pleasant and that you were satisfied with our product and services. Our standard room concept is a perfect fit for double occupancy, be it a King, Queen or Twin configuration. Exceptionally, and only on request, we do provide our guests with roll-away beds to enable triple occupancy. The standard rooms are designed for double occupancy, and as such are spacious and functional. We do have a great assortment of 27 classic and executive suites, as well as a fabulous presidential suite, that are perfectly designed to accommodate 3 + persons. In the event you revisit Zagreb, do come back - we would love to have you.
Pittsburgh
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for four nights as my tour went through Zagreb. While the hotel is in downtown Zagreb, it is about a ten-twenty minute walk (deepening on your speed) to where the town square, and many of the restaurants are. There is also great public transportation in the form of trolleys to get you to/from anywhere in the city and they stop right in front of the hotel. Anyhow, I felt very safe walking around this area, day and night.

The hotel itself was really nice, though you could tell it wasn't brand new. It certainly felt the most 'American' out of all the hotels I stayed at within Croatia. My tour group ate a lot of meals (breakfasts and dinners) at the hotel and found them average at best. (I would recommend heading to the old city for a great collection of restaurants and/or bars) However their cafe had one of the best Club sandwiches I've ever had!

Everything was clean, the staff very helpful and friendly, and I thoroughly enjoyed my view of downtown Zagreb from my window.

Room Tip: The hotel is essentially a big square. The rooms on the outside have views of downtown while the roo...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
MarioSusak, General Manager at Sheraton Zagreb Hotel, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Dear Jtrek72,

I fully appreciate the time and effort you have taken in sharing your stay experience with us. It is reassuring to know that we truly delivered at our end. That is precisely what we strive for with each and every guest, each and every time. You are very kind, and I hope we will have the honor of welcoming you back soon - looking forward to it.
Warsaw, Poland
Reviewed August 29, 2013

The hotel is in a good location in Zagreb, You can reach old tow within a short walk,

Rooms are specious and comfortable, but bit old fashioned. Breakfast is really great. The service is a high quality.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
MarioSusak, General Manager at Sheraton Zagreb Hotel, responded to this review, August 31, 2013
Dear Maiki_wawa,

Thank you for sharing your impressions with us. It is great to hear we delivered in terms of product and services for you. We do hope you will be revisiting us soon. For the record, guest-rooms, public areas and F&B outlets will be undergoing quite the aesthetic transformation in the framework of a refurbishment we will be launching in the back quarter of this year.

I look forward to welcoming you back!
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed August 28, 2013

Stayed here for a business event. The hotel is very nice overall and would get an excellent rating if not for two factors. The rooms are very well appointed and in excellent condition. I appreciate the full size iron and ironing board so I can freshen up my clothes for the day. The lobby area is welcoming, open and bright. The staff were uniformly friendly and helpful. The breakfast buffet included in my room rate was great. For other meals, the price is rather high although the quality is right up there. Unfortunately, there are few restaurants within easy walking distance for a quick lunch, but if you are willing to walk 7 or 8 blocks, then there are more choices. This is the first negative. The other is the hotel's TV system. It freezes up frequently and to resolve the problem, you need to unplug the power from the set top box, wait, plug it back in, wait for it to boot, check for software updates, download whatever it needs to and finally be ready to offer you picture and sound. Learned this from their technician. (Helps to be an engineer!) Had to do it every morning and every evening. Front desk staff know of problem but management needs to do something! Fortunately, I don't watch much besides the news but if you want to watch TV while staying here, you will not be so happy!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank John V
Hi John,

I appreciate the time and effort you have taken in sharing your impressions. It is reassuring to know that your stay was pleasant, so do come back next time you are in Zagreb. I have taken note of your remarks regarding the TV system and I will make sure the issue you had is duly reconciled. It is a new TV over IP system that we launched at the beginning of the year, and we are doing our utmost to tweek glitches, so that the system evolves into the innovative and truly interactive product it is intended to, and ultimately will be. Thank you again - your precise account of events will only serve to assist us in improving our service.

Cheers -
Warsaw, Poland
Reviewed August 27, 2013

The hotel is situated in an excellent location. It is only 10-20 minutes walking (depending on your walking pace) distance from the old town. Generally the service was very good and is maintained very well. The rooms are quite spacious but a bit old fashioned for my taste; my room was equipped with a CRT TV :-). Despite the fact that is an old building and this is quite evident in the rooms, generally is a very clean hotel and the staff is quite polite…

Room Tip: The rooms will double bed are quite spacious, a bit old fashioned for my taste but good enough for b...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Nicholas P
MarioSusak, General Manager at Sheraton Zagreb Hotel, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
Dear NEP126,

Thank you for setting aside the time to share your impressions with us. It's reassuring to hear we met the mark in terms of your expectations - we are a great fit when visiting Zagreb. As you know, IP digital TV is one of many innovative free perks we offer - broadband wired and WIFI are FOC throughout. We are rolling out a major refurbishment of guest-rooms, public areas and F&B outlets in the last quarter of this year. I am certain the aesthetic transformation you will hopefully come back to witness will be nothing short of fabulous. Hope to see you back soon.
Williamsburg, Virginia
Reviewed August 21, 2013

This Sheraron is looking pretty tired. The carpets are torn and stained in places, which is not appealing. The beds are comfortable and there is good water pressure in the shower. Breakfast was average. The room safes are not bolted down in any manner. It is at least a 15-20 minute walk to the main square, although the streets feel safe, so that is not a problem.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Crcb
MarioSusak, General Manager at Sheraton Zagreb Hotel, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Dear Crcb,

It was good of you to take the time in posting your review. Guest impressions are a crucial learning tool for us @ the Sheraton Zagreb. We take an honest and hard look at each and every stay experience input. The feeback we are provided with is the learning tool we use as a map to improve our services. I have taken note of your remarks regarding the carpeting and safes - I will definitely have to look into which room your were allocated, because the overall room product is not that worn. On a positive note, I would like to point out that we are rolling out a major refurbishment of guest-rooms, public areas and Food & Beverage outlets as of Q4 this year.