“Sheraton Zagreb”

Sheraton Zagreb Hotel
Ranked #9 of 59 Hotels in Zagreb
Reviewed July 5, 2013

Sheraton Zagreb location is very good near every where. You have an easy access to all locations by walking or taking the tram.

The hotel is rated as 5 star however the status of rooms and maintenance is 3 4 stars.
Staff is very helpful. However many of the devices needed maintenance.

Many nice small restaurant around with tasty food and locations. The weather was perfect.

Room Tip: Select a room up in 4th or 5th foors.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Samir S
MarioSusak, General Manager at Sheraton Zagreb Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2013

Dear Samir S,
thank you for your opinion.
Please note that during the course of this year, we'll be doing a significant refurbishment of all public areas, including the bar, both restaurants, all meeting rooms, our mezzanine area and guest rooms. The property's going to undergo a fabulous aesthetic transformation.
Having say that I would like to see you again in our hotel and welcome you personally.
Regards from Zagreb,

There are newer reviews for Sheraton Zagreb Hotel

Reviewed July 4, 2013

Stayed for two nights and found everything up to Sheraton standard.
Within walking distance - 20minutes-to the main square, cafes and tourist areas.
If driving in from the motorway, take the Centrum "Center" exit and watch for big (10ft by 20ft)white signs listing all the hotels and keep looking and following the big white signs.
We were renting from "Fleet" and they have an office in the hotel so this worked perfectly for us.

Back to the hotel.
It is clean and tidy, the rooms were typical size, the front desk helpful.
Taxi to airport -on a Sunday E25.00

I would certainly not hesitate to recommend this Sheraton in Zagreb

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CathyYVR

Dear holly181725,
thank you for your review.
We are truly very well and conveniently located. Thank you for taking the time to explain other users of this platform how to reach our hotel by car.
Visit us again soon!

Reviewed June 29, 2013 via mobile

I have been asked my passport together with my boyfriend at check-in yesterday.
However, when i slipped downstairs early morning in my pyjamas while he was sleeping and asked for a new room key to go back up, i was refused it by reception.
The answer was that i didn't have my passport with me!
I offered them to name my passport number or my date of birth but nothing convince this receptionist even if i was with my pyjamas.
Where is the world going???
Where is the care and service to client???
The Sales Director came and could not help, saying the same as his collegue.
It seams like they really don't try to find a solution, just protect themselves behind 'security reasons'.
Finally after i felt terrible and really upset with the idea to have to wake up by boyfriend for that, they accepted to go with me and open the door for me, to check if it was really my room!
Terrible service, really, i hope no one has to go through this non sense.

• Stayed: June 2013

Dear Travellisgood,

Having looked into this matter at length with my associates, I'm compelled to respond to your review by addressing the pure & simple facts. Thank you for posting your personal opinion, but I do have to point out that I cannot agree with how you titled your review. Our brand and hotel mission is to provide our guests with the highest level of Safety & Security standards. Our Standard Operating Procedures are strictly adhered to, and in the specific event a guest requests a replacement key for his/her room, he/she must provide the Front Office agent with photo ID. This measure was not introduced to be a nuisance for our guests, but rather as a measure to protect their interests, and personal well-being. If we didn't do this, the security of our guests would be seriously compromised, and that's simply unacceptable. I hope this sheds a little different light on your personal experience. We'd love to have you come back - I can assure you that your next stay with us will be one to remember, in the most positive way.
Mario Šušak

Reviewed June 28, 2013

I have stayed in Sheraton chains in Europe, and This hotel fell short of my expectations. It needs renovation although the facade still looks imposing from a distance.
The city center is walkable from this hotel but it is a long walk. On a Sunday, There are lots of food stalls in the park about 500 meters from this hotel.
Wifi is available in the room free of charge. The breakfast spread is quite good. There are lots of money changers in the area. There is also the Konsum, a supermarket a few meters from the hotel.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
MarioSusak, General Manager at Sheraton Zagreb Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2013

Dear JAndrews,

I really appreciate that you've taken the time to post your impression - it shows you care. Your more than evident loyalty to the Sheraton brand is a further call to a commitment at our end to make that extra effort in delivering on the service excellence you absolutely deserve. It's unfortunate we left you with a mixed impression. We'll be doing a substantial refurb of the hotel during the course of Q4 this year. Do come back

Reviewed June 27, 2013

I've traveled to Croatia recently on a business trip with short notice and I've decided to stay in Sheraton hotel in Zagreb. Recommend to everyone who wants to find decent, clean hotel which also is the center with walking distance access to the most interesting parts of Zagreb.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Dear Emiliano,

Thank you for sharing your impression. I'm glad we were able to provide you with a pleasant stay experience, but do come back and reconnect because we can do even better.

Cheers -

Reviewed June 8, 2013 via mobile

We stayed two nights for the world cup qualifiers. The hotel was very busy with various football teams staying. Staff coped well under pressure. Rooms were spotless and the maids were polite. Breakfasts were well stocked and tasty.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Kev M
Mario S, General Manager at Sheraton Zagreb Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2013

Dear Kev M,
thank you for taking the time to write such a positive review about our hotel.
It is true, we had pressure during the last week but I am happy to read your review which is giving me a positive answer to our organization. I will pass your comments to the entire team and will be looking forward to welcome you again in Zagreb during your next visit.

Reviewed June 6, 2013

The hotel is located within walking distance of most of the old town center. The front desk staffs (Jelena) were very knowledgeable about the hotel and the locale area. The Hotel itself was very will maintained, and the breakfast had a great choice of food. Rooms are spacious, Clean and well maintained. I would defiantly return to this Hotel the next time I visit Zagreb.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Dear JimZerbe,
it is great to hear the service at our hotel is on the highest level. I will pass your nice words to Jelena. This direct feedback is invaluable, it best reflects how our customers rate our real time performance. And once its addressed to the service and the staff, as we take pride in delivering on service excellence, I am very happy to hear that we are on the right track.
Waiting to welcome you again at the Sheraton Zagreb!