“Lovely rooms & great breakfast!”

Sheraton Zagreb Hotel
Ranked #9 of 59 Hotels in Zagreb
Reviewed May 6, 2013

This Sheraton is a bit old fashioned compared with the Sheraton standards around the world. However, I don't have any complain about it. Location is good, a 10 minute walk to the city center. Rooms are spacious and beautiful and beds are very very comfortable! Breakfast is simply great with plenty of choice. There's also a few restaurants in the hotel and prices are very affordable. I have only eaten in one of them but food was quite good and cheap. Free wifi: good and fast internet connection. There's also a spa but I haven't been there yet.

Room Tip: I stayed in this hotel a few times and once I got a connected room which was very noisy since I coul...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
MarioSusak, General Manager at Sheraton Zagreb Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2013

Dear LAMENUDA77,
thank you for the great review.
That's right, our beds are the famous Sheraton Sweet Sleeper beds and you will get one at every Sheraton hotel in the world. Great sleeping experience, I agree!
Next time you come to our hotel try the spa, it is a great space with a state of the art fitness, finish sauna and turkish bath available with rain showers. There is a terrace as well with a jacuzzi and sunbeds. Not to forget the indoor pool for your morning swim!
Cheers,
Mario

Write a ReviewReviews (1,044)

Reviewed May 5, 2013

Spacious, clean and tidy guest rooms. Good taste of dinner at the middle of the lobby.
Comfortable, convenient hotel. We enjoyed so much when we were there. We will recommend
Travelers to stay there for their trip.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear chinrosie,
great to read you enjoyed your stay at our Sheraton Zagreb!
Would be great to welcome you soon again.

Reviewed May 4, 2013

After having stayed at Sheraton Edinburgh, Sheraton Zagreb came as a bit of a shock. Dated, tired, hotel in desperate need of a face lift. 80's beige and gold in communal areas did not give the usual Sheraton contemporary feel. We stayed on the third floor and the carpet in the hallway was ripped up in more than one spot. The ceiling of our room had a few patchy paint strokes. The basin in the bathroom was dusty as though nobody had stayed there in decades. The gym had a lot of equipment but again, it was all very old. The staff seemed just as tired as the hotel. We were greeted by a lovely receptionist who was very efficient, however his coat was scuffed and ill fitting.

Let me have you know, it is not a bad option for a stay. I felt safe and secure while there, staff were pleasant. It is not a bad hotel per se, however, by no means is it up to Sheraton standards as I expected. It needs a more contemporary feel. It is a short (<10mins) walk from the main city area, and another 5 minutes from the main squares/cathedral, so the location is quite good. It is also cheaper than other Starwood hotels I have stayed at, and I think as a result you get less.

It's ok for a night or two, but I would cap it at that.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Transient-friend,
it is our aim to make your stay as pleasant as possible - from your note I understood we were close to that. At the end of this year the Sheraton Zagreb will comprise a full renovation and as such we will begin next year with a complete different product.
Great to hear the staff was pleasant since we are eager to provided service excellence and training our staff as such.
Would be great to see you again at the Sheraton Zagreb.

Reviewed April 22, 2013

Alright, I know that standards are different between European and American ratings but on the Sheraton website this hotel is listed as a 5 star hotel. My issue is the normal maintenance issues that this hotel exhibits that definitely takes away from its luster.

Some of my constructive criticism includes:

- my room (#353 had black mold in the right corner of the bathtub - easy caulking fix).
- several worn out spots on the carpets (hallways and steps).
- bad chipping on my bedroom door.

So, to be fair I must acknowledge the very friendly and professional service that I received during check, the friendly staff during breakfast, and the clean and pleasant lobby. Breakfast buffet has quite the variety but is it worth 22 euro with several other options within a quick walk....btw, the coffee during breakfast was rather quite good.

PS - I spent a few days at the Warsaw Sheraton and I can attest that this hotel is much closer to a 5 star hotel that the Zagreb Sheraton.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo

Dear DPS27,
I am glad you enjoyed breakfast and the good coffee we make at the Sheraton.
Concerning your points about maintenance, I will take action on that and rest assured next time you come to the Sheraton Zagreb you will not experience this issues.
Once again, thank you for your note and get in touch with me next time you plan your visit to Zagreb.
mario.susak@sheraton.com

Reviewed April 11, 2013

This hotel is in Eastern Europe. The normal Sheraton standards cannot be expected to be as good as in Western Europe, simply because the standard of living in Eastern Europe is not as high as in Western Europe.

The room is comfortable and is large enough for us. Has free internet connection in the room for my notebook computer. The swimming pool is good and I enjoyed my swim. Included breakfast is good. There is a chinese restaurant across the road for a cheap lunch (noodles). A foreign exchange booth is within a short walking distance. The town square in Zagreb is also within walking distance.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank PlanetOz

Dear PlanetOz,
great to see 5 stars in your review, thank you!
Next time you come to Zagreb try our newly refurbished Cafe Imperial. On the terrace we serve daily menus with very popular prices. During the summer months we have a large selection of great deals so come and visit us again!
Cheers,

Reviewed April 10, 2013

As i mentioned location is good, quiet, but 10 minutes walking from city centre. Area is safe and good for walking. Rooms are nice, small but clean, bathrooms needs renovations. Breakfast is good, other food we did not try in hotel. There is garage in hotel for extra charge - 16 Euro per day, but safer than leaving car on the street. I have been in this hotel many times and probabilly next time again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 10, 2013

This is probably the most outdated Sheraton I have stayed at. The room was clean and comfortable but really needs a makeover. The staff is nice and helpful. Location is good, 10 minute walk to city center. Would book this hotel again if back in the area.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business