“Dinner, Breakfast, and a Fruit Basket”

Sheraton Zagreb Hotel
Ranked #9 of 59 Hotels in Zagreb
Reviewed October 20, 2012 via mobile

The hotel is centrally located in an older part of town. Many streets feel narrow (because of the way people park their cars along the roads - diagonal parking that is half on the sidewalks and half in the road itself) and are one-way, making it a challenge to find the hotel, even with a GPS. Once there, parking is in an underground garage for a significant fee, which can be added to your room bill.

Rooms are quiet, spacious (especially the one connecting to the Presidential suite), nice and comfortable. Connecting rooms were not available, but adjacent rooms were possible. Upon arrival, we were greeted with a fruit basket in each room (nice touch). However, since it was dinner time and we were very tired, we opted for the restaurant in the hotel. It was noticeably odd that there were no other diners in the entire restaurant at dinner time, but we sat anyway. Dinner was fantastic, and off-menu requests were filled effortlessly. But you definitely get what you pay for, or rather will pay for what you get, as it was very expensive for hotel dining.

Next morning, the buffet breakfast had a broad selection. Strangely, however, I had managed to select a room rate that did not include breakfast - more money for food. We took the fruit basket contents with us when we left, since I probably paid for the bananas and grapes as well.

• Stayed: September 2012

Reviewed October 10, 2012

This sheraton hotel is showings it's age a little. Built in the 1970's it was the first international style hotel built in Zagreb
after WW2. Compared to other hotels here it still holds is own. It is still quite impressive although although our room couldhave done with a bit of an update. The room was very clean & comfortable &a good size. Only issue with rooms was that no wifi signal was available. Free wifi with strong signal was available in the lobby area & level one.
Breakfast buffet was first rate with a good selection of cooked & fresh fare. Please make sure you try the selection of honey's available.
It is also well located & is within 10 min walk of a number of museums & galleries.
Overall I'd certainly stay here again & recommend it as a good quality accommodation in a very interesting city

Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 8, 2012 via mobile

Very nice hotel, near main tourist attractions (museums, parks, gallleries).
Wi-fi internet only até the lobby but it works fine.
Bathtub didnt work but shower was nice. It could offer more american film and series tv channels.
Staff very kind. I strongly recommend it.

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed October 4, 2012

Just came back from a bussiness trip from Zagreb where I have stayed in Sheraton. Hotel has met all my expectation and even more. The best breakfast in Zagreb. Service was nice, staff professional. Overall this is going to be hotel of my choice next time I am in Zagreb again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 3, 2012

I spent couple of nights in this Hotel last week. I can say that my expectations were met in this place: The service was excellent , my room was spacious and clean. Breakfast was best I had in hotels in years . The city center is just a few minutes away so you can easily take a walk and visit the main square.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 2, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for the first two nights of a tour of Croatia and Slovenia. Although Zagreb didn't have much to offer a tourist, the hotel was clean and comfortable. It wasn't right in the centre and we took a few wrong turns trying to find restaurants as most places near the hotel only sold drinks. We had dinner at the hotel restaurant on our first night and were fairly disappointed as it was our first meal in Croatia but the problem may have been that it was set to a price that the tour company was prepared to pay.

We had breakfast there on two mornings and the first morning wasn't the best as the staff were more focussed on clearing tables than replacing food dishes and utensils that had run out. After a few words from our guide, the second morning was much better.

If we had to return to Zagreb (and we can't think of a reason we would ever do so), then we would be happy to return to this hotel.

Room Tip: Watch out for tour groups.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 30, 2012

I spent two nights in this Hotel during a business trip last week. I definitely can say that my expectations were met in this place: The service was fantastic, my room was spacious and they pay a lot of attention to cleanliness. There are various relaxation and wellness opportunities while the gym and pool usage are for free. The gym i also well equipped.

I also can underline that the personnel was really friendly (I can point out the reception stuff and nice and professional Jelena, whose name I remembered). The city centre is just a few minutes away so you can easily take a walk and visit the main square.

Bellow the line there is nothing to complain about and the Sheraton Hotel is my place to stay in Zagreb!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business