“Excellent brewery - restaurant”

Pivnica Medvedgrad Ilica
Ranked #43 of 774 Restaurants in Zagreb
Cuisines: Croatian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Medvedgrad is producing its own beer for almost two decades. Naturale, without preservatives, made with traditional ways of brewing in our unique atmosphere will give you unforgettable experiance.We are proud of our terrace, only 5 min walk from the main square.There are other locations as well: Tkalčićeva 36 and Adžijina 16.
Zagreb, Croatia
“Excellent brewery - restaurant”
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Pivnica Medvedgrad is excellent brewery. Offer different - homemade food. Lot of different beers. For me the best is MRKI MEDVJED beer (mixture of lager and dark beer),

• Visited January 2013

• Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Serbian first
“Excellent food”
Reviewed January 6, 2013

Great variety of home made food...I love that small pastry that you can order as a starter (with čvarci and cheese)...also you can't drink anything except home made beer...Grička is my favourite...

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank MeCosmogirl
Buttenheim, Germany
“Says what it does over the door”
Reviewed December 2, 2012

This is a brewery restaurant, so in my feedback beer is as important as the food. I have been here twice and tasted a few of the beers, and I give a five-star rating for those. My favourite is the Dva klasa wheat beer, cloudy (they call it red, but that's poetic license, I suppose} and with a nicely full flavour.
The food is pretty much as you would expect of an establishment of this sort. Big plates full of fried dead stuff... I exaggerate, but it is hearty grub intended to soak up at least some of the beer. I give the food a three star because it is pretty average.. I would come back for the beer, but probably line my stomach somewhere else.
The service was friendly on both visits, very prompt an proficient in English (and, listening in to a table behind me, in German)

Visited December 2012
“OK”
Reviewed October 23, 2012

It's ok but nothing special. It's always crowded so don't expect to find a seat easily! It's also not that cheap

Visited May 2012
Atlanta, GA, USA
“Great beer & atmosphere, okay food, good value overall”
Reviewed October 23, 2012

We'd had a long, somewhat stressful day driving, and when we arrived in Zagreb we were starving and chilly. Luckily, our apartment's owner recommended this great brewery. The dishes are affordable, fairly standard beer garden fare (from my time in Germany at least). I wasn't super impressed with my dish, but my friend's turkey kabobs looked quite good. Their beers are great, though, five or six different types. The dark was my favorite, but all were great.

It took quite some time for someone to come and get us some water and take drink orders (almost half an hour), but they were busy on a Saturday night and after that we were taken care of fairly quickly. Overall a great, local experience.

One thing to know...from where we were coming from (one of the main streets between the squares), we'd been given directions and told we couldn't miss it, but weren't told that it is kind of tucked into a shopping center of sorts. You have to turn into the alcove/little shopping mall and then it's straight ahead with a big sign. We walked past a couple times in the dark.

• Visited October 2012