“Could be better”

Ranked #14 of 54 Zagreb B&B and Inns
Istanbul, Turkey
“Could be better”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2012

I chose Villa Zrina because it had a cozy look and it was close to main bus station of Zagreb. My single room was so small that it was difficult to walk around, partially because of a queen size bed. And in those freezing temperatures of Zagreb, room wasn’t that warm. There wasn’t any extra eiderdown. However, if I had wanted, the staff would have provided it to me. The staff was kind, friendly and helpful.
The cleanliness was average. The water glass hasn’t been washed for a long time. When I arrived there wasn’t any soap in dispenser due to a crack, but the attending lady filled it when I asked. They didn’t clean the room or changed towel during my 3 night stay. Then again I didn’t ask for it. The bathroom had a lush look and it was spacious. Breakfast wasn't included. There were a mini-bar, an LCD TV on the wall and a receiver with just few channels. Those were the all luxury of the room.
The pro of Villa Zrina is being close to bus station but there are other accommodation options nearby. I think that price doesn’t worth the service or the room in general.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Turku, Finland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2012

Nice small hotel in a good location near the central Zagreb. Just a few minutes walk from the bus station, where the airport bus comes. Trams to the center and railway station go right in front of the hotel and you could walk to the center in 15-20 minutes. Clean and recently renovated rooms. WLAN works fine and is free. Some noise might come from the street but the traffic gets lighter during the nights and there are also rooms not facing the main street. Take 10% extra if paying with a card.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Oro Valley, Arizona
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2012

I booked this hotel specifically because of its proximity to the bus station. It's within walking distance to the bus station, and I needed to get to the bus station very early in the morning to catch a bus to Plitvice Lakes. When I arrived at the hotel the woman at the front desk told me that I will be staying at another hotel. She didn't ask me if I wanted to stay at another hotel; she told me. I asked her why, and she said that one of the current occupants had extended his stay at the hotel so I would have to go somewhere else. I refused to accept that as an answer. She made a telephone call and arranged for someone else to go to the other hotel instead. She then asked me to wait a few minutes so that she could prepare the room. This was FOUR hours after check-in time, mind you. After spending 13 hours on a train, I did not want to wait around while she cleaned a room for me. So I left.

I can't comment on what the rooms were like or anything like that. I can just comment on how poorly this hotel is managed. If a hotel accepts my reservation, I expect a room to be clean and ready for me at the agreed upon check-in time. That's too easy. But this hotel couldn't handle that. Make a reservation at your own risk.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Bob_Lawblah
Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2012

The best things are the location and price. 5 min walk from Bus Terminal (in Zagreb airport, only bus to the Bus Terminal is available, no other routes). Pirce is good in Zagreb, only Euro 42 single room without breakfast. Room very clean, neat tidy, air con well, everything sufficient. Staff normal. The TV got no signal during my 1-night stay but that's not a problem for me as I fell asleep at 6pm already for jetlag zzZZZ.........

I am satisfied with my stay. Highly recommended.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank MissHK2009
Nottingham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2012

We stayed at Villa Zrina for 2 nights in July 2012. We landed in Zagreb and gave the taxi driver the address of the hotel, which he was easily able to find. Upon arriving, we rang the bell and had to wait just a couple of minutes for someone to come and check us in. They were helpful, offering to print off a map of where we were picking up our rental car after showing us our room. The room was small - barely enough room for both our small and large suitcases (we were travelling for two weeks so had quite a lot of stuff), so we ended up storing the large one in the wardrobe and the small one at the foot of the bed, which didn't make it easy to access the desk/fridge or one side of the bed. The bed was also particularly small, luckily we're not tall or large people (my husband is about 5'10 and I'm 5'7), as if we were any larger the bed would have been too small for us. On the plus side, it was air conditioned, the bathroom was clean and the shower was good and it was close to the bus station, tram stop and not an incredibly far walk from the city centre. Given the amount of time we spent in the room, which wasn't much, the room was fine for us.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank KJHaes
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here to be close to the bus station, which it was. First impressions were very good. Staff friendly, and let us check in early. Rooms appear modern and clean, very snazzy bathroom.... However the shower was average. The bar fridge didn't work, and the electrical wiring at the ba k looked like a back yard job, kinda dangerous. There was also a bedside lamp with no electrical socket nearby.... It looked good, we just couldn't use it. Close to a main road so slightly noisy.

Still, if you need a cheap hotel near the bus station, it does the job.

• Stayed May 2012