“Huck Finn”

and up
Mreznica River Half Day Kayaking
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Huck Finn is the leading Croatian adventure travel outfitter and operator. We pioneered rafting, canoeing, sea kayaking, biking and adventure sailing tours and excursions in the country in the past two decades and have reached the highest level of quality and professionalism in service. Huck Finn operates 20 different one-day excursions and cooperates with other tour operators by providing all-inclusive custom made trips or just gear, logistics, guides etc. Nobody knows Croatia better or cares more about the environment, sustainable operations and benefit to local residents. Therefore Huck Finn will provide excellent service and value for your travel in Croatia. The photos will show you some of those wonderful but hidden places in Croatia, as well as illustrate the passion and commitment to outdoors.
Vienna Region, Austria
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Huck Finn”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2011

We went on one of the rafting tours last summer and were very impressed with the company. They were very responsive on e-mails, answering lots of questions about accommodating children, directions, date changes, etc. We highly recommend Huck Finn for rafting in Croatia. The guides on the tour were very knowledgeable, professional and great fun to spend time with.

Visited July 2011
2 Thank ClaveninSouth
Vanja K, Public Relations Manager at Huck Finn Adventure Travel - Day Trips, responded to this review, December 19, 2012
Thank you! We do our best :)

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Once they have your money, they don't care about your trip”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2011

Myself and my boyfriend recently visited croatia and thought rafting down the river Una would be amazing. We booked a trip through Huck Finn. The trip might have been good, if we had been able to take part. Before I payed I was emailed a google map to the location. The journey looked quite simple. I payed fore the trip, and communications went quiet. I did not recieve a confirmation about my payment, and I did not recieve the further email i was told I would get with further instruction on how to find the meeting point. By this time we were already in Croatia on our trip. So I tried to call the phone numbers provided, one went unanswered, the other was an incorrect number. On the day we set of to find he meeting point. After travelling around in bosnia, trying to follow the map we had been given that bared very little resemblance to the driving route, for an hour and a half, I again tried to phone the numbers I was given, and again i was unable to get to speak to anyone. Eventually we had to accept defeat and turn around. When I returned to the uk I contacted Gorana of Huck Finn and have recieved no apology for the lack of email communication and the phone numbers that do not work.

Once Huck Finn have your money, it appears you are no longer their priority. I feel I wasted 84 euros and a day of my holiday, because of the incompetence and poor communication of this company.

7 Thank Daniellef22
Vanja K, Public Relations Manager at Huck Finn Adventure Travel - Day Trips, responded to this review, March 16, 2012
Dear Danielle,

We are sorry for the bad experience you had with Huck Finn, especially because we put a lot of effort in organizing your rafting trip. When the other participants who were supposed to share the raft with you cancelled, we hired two more guides to fill up the boat to avoid cancelling your excursion. Three guides were ready and waiting just for you for several hours. The only interest we had in organizing your rafting trip was your satisfaction, as we believe other reviews on TripAdvisor show. We did send you a link on Google Maps, detailed instructions on how to reach the location and confirmation of your payment, as we always do to keep all our customers well informed and satisfied. We are also available for telephone calls 24/7 during the whole season, but we did not receive your phone call. Since you were calling us to Croatia from Bosnia, you probably experienced network problems.
Our cancellation policy for 1-day trips is that we cannot refund any money if the client does not show up. This is our way of protecting ourselves against last minute cancellations and it proved to be neccessary because we experienced these cancellations many times.
Again, we are very sorry for your bad experience and please feel free to contact us if you have have any other questions.
London
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Huck Finn - Really are the business!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2010

What a fantastic, well run and personal organisation. Look no further than Huck Finn if you seek an adventure holiday in Croatia. They are more flexible than any other company we contacted for our trip and by far the most friendly and polite. The guides were all superb and could answer any question about the culture or surrounding areas which ensured an excellent balance of professional expertise and comfort. Robbie, Ivan and Ilija were all such fun and the real glue of the group. Their company was sorely missed once we left Skradin. I shall recommend the organisation to all and sundry and was delighted by the good value of the trip. All in all, a brilliant adventure! Thanks to wonderful Branka for all her help and patience too.

3 Thank LGirlLondon
Vanja K, Public Relations Manager at Huck Finn Adventure Travel - Day Trips, responded to this review, December 27, 2012
Thank you! Best wishes from us at Huck Finn.