“Five National Parks”

Raftrek Adventure Travel
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Raftrek active trips are designed for those who wish to fill their day with activity, adventure and adrenaline. Raft, kayak, hike or cycle Croatia's most beautiful places within Nature or National Parks. With minimum impact to the environment you get to see all the hidden and best preserved parts of our country. The diversity of landscapes makes Croatia a magnificent place for all outdoors enthusiasts. Those who love rafting, kayaking, sea kayaking, trekking or cycling have experienced this country usually wonder - how can a land with nature like this be so unknown?
Reviewed October 11, 2012

We have just returned from 4 weeks in the Balkans including seven days with Raftrek and our excellent guide Branimir walking, boating and driving through five beautiful National Parks. From the first day we were very well looked after and given a very personal introduction to Croatia, it's people, big cities and small towns, and wonderful natural attractions. The hotels were always in great locations and the food plentiful - even for the vegetarian !! Some of the drives were very long, but always seemed to go Ok with Branimir in the drivers seat and good conversation on the way ( when we weren't sleeping, sorry !). Planning our trip was easy, with helpful advice from Branka in the office before we left home and then with the day to day arranged for us all we had to do was enjoy. Well recommended .

Date of experience: September 2012
1  Thank Wendy2795
RaftekAdventures, Public Relations Manager at Raftrek Adventure Travel, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2012

Hi Wendy, Raftrek team is happy you have enjoyed all the beauty Croatia can offer.

All reviews
"these guys"
in 7 reviews
"great company"

Reviewed September 5, 2012

We have just come back from the most amazing holiday in Croatia. All of us, including our 12 and 13 year old children, fell in love with the country and its lovely people (universally friendly and with a great sense of humour!). The first week we stayed in a small, unspoilt fishing village, Novagrad, which was a perfect chill-out place on the coast (well, estuary but it was so big, it could have been the sea) and the second we spent in Skradin (slightly bigger and more geared to tourists but still beautiful with its marble slabs and quaint shops and not a MacD's in sight) where we joined a group for the Rivers by the Sea activity holiday. I chose Raftek over other companies offering similar holidays because of my contact with Branka for whom nothing was too much trouble. She even had to rearrange our holiday for us after I broke my knee and it was all re-booked within a day.

The Rivers by the Sea trip is a wonderful mix of fun and adventure with enough to challenge even the most sporty people. We loved the effort of the kayaking, for example, mixed with shoring up for lunch in an idyllic place, such as a 'private' pool with a waterfall and 'exhilarating' jumping off rocks into the water opportunities. Everything - cycling, walking in the Krka national park, canyoning (my children's favourite trip), kayaking, sight seeing (love the 'Roman' towns) and generally having a laugh with the others in the party (a great mix of English, Swiss and Polish) was great fun and brilliantly organised.

Our guides, Borna and Tin, are lovely characters and very skilled at their job. They provided a perfect mix of fun and professionalism, knowledge and organisation. Everything was perfectly timed and there was just enough information to make the activities punctual and safe without making arrangements more complicated than they needed to be. Nothing was too much trouble for them - or Ed, beavering away behind the scenes. The staff at both hotels were great, too. The attitude to Health and Safety was a breath of fresh air. Activities were safe with an acceptable level of risk. We all knew this so we looked out for each other and the guides kept everything in control without prohibiting activites we all knew we could do. Britain! Are you listening??

Would I recommend this holiday? Would I! I only hope we can go again.

Date of experience: August 2012
2  Thank JaxBees

Dear Jackie, it is so nice to hear that you all have enjoyed your trip to Croatia. Regards to all.

Reviewed August 28, 2012

I visited Croatia for the first time in June, intially for the 'Hideout' Dance Music Festival in Pag. (which I thoroughly recommend if you enjoy Dance Music!) the second part of my trip was organised with Raftrek, several phonecalls with Branka (Fantastic lady) later and I chose the 'Rivers by the Sea' trip. I loved every single moment of that trip....the hotel was perfect, simple, clean and delicious fresh food.......the Guides, Ed, Dino, and Maric were kind, lovely people, great sense of humour and nothing was too much trouble for them. The experience exceeded my expectations in every way, with the combination of energetic trips down the river and hiking up the mountains to visiting local towns for a delicious cup of Croatian coffee, the combination of eating/sleeping well, laughing until my sides ached! and plenty of fresh air and exercise were the perfect ingredients to a perfect holiday. I felt fantastic by the end of the week! Davor and Branka also helped me transfer the final few days of my holiday to the peaceful fishing village Novigrad, they organised my campsite, tent etc.... they were so helpful with their advice and support. I have nothing but praise and admiration for the Croatian people who helped to make my experience in Croatia a beautiful, natural and magical experience.

Date of experience: July 2012
3  Thank Heidi P

Hi Heidi, thank you for all your kind words. Come back soon.

Reviewed August 26, 2012

My 14 year old nephew and I booked "Rivers by the sea" wuth Raftrek at the end of July/beginning of August 2012. We thoroughly enjoyed it. We were based n Skradin, a lovely little town tucked in a closed in harbour, in a friendly hotel. Rooms a bit small but the food was excellent. We didn't mind the stifling heat because we were in the water at the hottest hours of the day. We did kayaking in the estuary part towards the sea, & on the beautiful river Zrmanja where we had a great time, plunging down little waterfalls. There was a difficult biking day (because of the heat and the steep slopes ! I wish someone invented slopes that only go down...)) but then we were rewarded by a refreshing swim in a lake and visited a monastery set on the lake's island. We went canyoning on our free day and although we came back exhausted, we had a great time : the Cetinja river is beautiful and it is a lot of fun to jump in those turquoise colour pools. We saw another part of that river where we went rafting on our last day. Rafting was my nephew's favourite day. And we went hiking in Paklenica park, up to the top where a home made omelett awaited us in a mountain chalet.
We were a group of 14 (with 8 children), so not easy to handle but were very well looked after by our two guides, Tino and Borna. They're professional, friendly, and have a very good sense of humor. It is rare to have guides of that quality.
What also makes the difference with other tours : there is some cultural sight seeing. A little frustrating because you only have a couple of hours to see wonderful places (Split, Sibenik) but it is an introduction.
I would love to do that trip again. Dalmatia is beautiful and fun.

Date of experience: August 2012
2  Thank Florence L

Dear Florence, it was great to have you on our Rivers by the sea trip based in Skradin for a week. We will pass your thanks to our guides. Hope to see you soon.

See more reviews
Reviewed August 15, 2012

I found raftrek by chance, on the internet. I booked with them because Branka, in the office, was so good at replying to all my queries, and I felt that we were in safe hands. My husband, 14 year old daughter and I were met from the airport by Branimir, who looked after us for the whole of our time with raftrek. He delivered us to our guesthouse ( a 3 hour drive away), took us out to dinner, took us kayaking ( there were just the three of us that day) and took us white water rafting with another family the second day. And after all that he took us to our hotel in Zagreb. The kayaking and rafting were amazing. Beautiful scenery, plunges in pools, kayaking down waterfalls...the only bit I wasn't keen on was when the raft capsized. It was a bit scary but Branimir was straight over to see if I was OK. By the end of our trip we were all a bit in love with him - even my husband! We were so well looked after. My husband isn't sporty but he loved it. It was the perfect holiday for a 14 year old who doesn't usually want to be with her parents that much. I would recommend raftrek to anyone. Book with them - you won't regret it! (P.S. Say hi to Branimir!)

Date of experience: July 2012
1  Thank charltonchick

Hi Mary, we are glad you have liked our customized trip for you and your family in the Plitvice region. Rafting and kayaking are the best two things one can do there. Hope to see you back soon.