“Delicious”
Review of Nova - CLOSED

Nova
Reviewed April 17, 2012

Disappointed to find it shuts at 20:00, so we planned an early dinner here.
Well worth it.
Food is not too expensive, but it is not the very cheapest.
It is delicious.
The entire menu is fantastic.
It is a bit awkward that the place is usually quite empty, and I wish one had windows to see outside, but they are covered. The one waiter should have been warmer.
Fortunately the staff member spoke English, and the menu is in English and Croatian.
The food is really just so good!

Reviewed February 26, 2012

Nothing but vegan here. Lovely doff, brown rice and fresh vegetable dishes individually made.   The vegan alcohols are pricey, possibly making a simple meal an expensive one.     Nevertheless, rarely outside  major cities have I found a vegan restaurant that can add flair to a dish, by presentation or subtle use of spices

Reviewed February 12, 2012

Vegetarian options are rather limited in Zagreb and I was pleased to find this place when doing my pre-trip planning. Our visit did not disappoint us! My wife and I very much enjoyed one of the lunch specials. The selection of items included was interesting and varied and thoroughly enjoyable.

Note that the restaurant is upstairs and somewhat tucked away on a relatively busy shopping street. You do need to go looking for it and are unlikely to stumble across it accidentally.

Reviewed September 18, 2011

I was looking forward to visiting Nova after reading such good reviews about it, but ended up pretty disappointed with the food I got. The soup starter was garnished with smoked tofu, which had a very strong smoked flavour that over-powered everything else, and the soup itself was thick and bland. The spring roll starter was nice - light and tasty. The mains comprised udon noodles and wok-friend vegetables, both of which were very bland. There were also seitan kebabs - again, they had an over-powering smoked flavour and were a bit soggy. Not great - the meal didn't really do justice to haw great vega food can be. It was twice the price of any other meal I'd had on my trip to Croatia, so I really did expect better than that.

Reviewed August 1, 2011

We tried Macrovega in Split and found it to be terrible - fried tempeh and soggy vegies - but this place is the real deal. I had the 'paradise plate' of steamed tofu, quinoa and wok tossed vegies and an organic red wine, delicious and healthy and SUCH a welcome change from the rest of Croatian cuisine. I had had so much fish! Which is great but sometimes you want something different! Strange 'stark' atmosphere but friendly waiter. Want to go back again before I leave for the scrambled tofu or the rice noodles with vegies. Highly recommend if you like Vegie Bar or Yong's Green Food in Melb! Bio and Bio is next door which is also an excellent 'one stop shop' for health foods you won't find in typical croatian supermarkets! I found Bonsoy milk!