“First Class!”

Bistro Apetit
Ranked #293 of 919 Restaurants in Zagreb
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Bistro Apetit - Zagreb's finest restaurantYears of passion and love for creating culinary sensations in an inspiring ambiance have been translated into a story that has kept Bistro Apetit as one of the best restaurants in Croatia for years. Our honest approach to culinary excellence is based on the fresh season's ingredients and has been enhanced by the specially selected finest wines from the best cellars around the world.
Reviewed October 21, 2017

I don't have enough words to thank Apetit and all their staff for an amazing night. The food was amazing! I ordered the rib-eye and it was cooked perfectly. The staff kindly explained each dish when they brought them. They were extremely nice and attentive, always with a smile on their face. I asked for recommendations on the dessert and they recommended the house chocolate dessert. Oh my! What a treat!!! I loved this restaurant so much. If you have to go to one place in Zagreb it has to be Bistro Apetit !
Special thanks for our waiter/sommellier Mario.

Reviewed September 23, 2017

Me and my boyfriend came here for lunch and at first sight we were amazed by the splendid structure and entrance.

The aesthetic of the dishes gave us a good impression and then the taste confirmed it!
We ate different kind of food: from the croatian to the mediterranean one.

The service and staff were helpful and efficient, the atmosphere was cozy and welcoming!

To sum up I would recommend the Bistro Apetit if you're looking for a good location and food too.

Reviewed September 14, 2017 via mobile

My partner and I arrived for Lunch - we were the only guests besides another couple with their wedding planner. My partner speaks Croatian, I do not.

We entered the venue to two staff eating at the bar - the host told us to help ourselves to a table, which we did.

We were not offered a menu, instead we ordered two coffees to start and then had to ask for a menu. We were also not offered a wine list and instead had to ask for this also. Despite asking for two English menus, the waiter continued to speak to the both of us in Croatian which generally isn't a problem unless you're a vegetarian like my partner is and are served a teaser from the kitchen with meat in it, which she was. As the waiter was busy run off his feet with three other guests he rushed through the description of each dish in such a way that she could not catch all of the words. The staff also did not notice we had no napkins and so my partner had to swipe some from an adjoining table.

The crab salad was not a salad at all, rather it was a scoop of crab meat in a bland cucumber gazpacho. My partner had the basil soup which was fine.

The rib eye main was fatty, unseasoned and to put bluntly, basic. The potato accompaniment may well have been cardboard.

The vegetarian risotto my partner ordered was garnished with fat skimmed off of prosciutto - which she removed and overlooked only to bite into undercooked and over salted risotto.

Despite all this my partner maintained resolute to enjoy her lunch. We requested the bill, paid and left. Only to double check the bill and find we'd been charged for drinks we did not order, although a small amount it's an oversight I was not willing to overlook considering the food and service was so subpar. Refunding the amount proved tricky for the staff and resulted in an apology that went a little like "we're sorry, it happens, what can you do" when my partner replied "your staff could pay more attention for an establishment that charges so much for food and service" the host proceeded to shout across the bar "did you hear that? Pay more attention". We couldn't get out of there quick enough.

This is our second trip to Zagreb, chasing Michelin recommended restaurants. How this bistro received a recommendation is beyond me. Not only would I not eat there again but I would not suggest anyone else eat there either. I would also leave a review on their Facebook page, although they have disabled this feature which I only fear is due to other poor experience.

3  Thank Travis R
Reviewed July 22, 2017 via mobile

This place could benefit from better indications. But good food, friendly service, decent price, but a bit uninspired environment.

Reviewed July 11, 2017 via mobile

went to this restaurant for a wedding anniversary with my wife. previously we had some very good experiences here, but this time it was a real disappointment. we had a 5 courses degustation menu. tuna was extremely salty (almost uneatable), beef carpaccio was complitely tasteless (later we have discovered​ that some components mentioned in a dish description were complitely missing, probably forgotten), desert was extremely borring (kind of a caramel cream). Positive​ elements were oxtail ravioli and anchovies in tempura (which were strangely served as elements in to dishes). price with a bottle of ok local wine was 180 eur. for that price in Zagreb, i would expect much better experience.