“A taste of Dalmatia in Zagreb”
Review of Bota Sare

Bota Sare
Ranked #193 of 826 Restaurants in Zagreb
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Reservations
Description: “… two old dusty books with recipes that were found in basement of their home were foundation of all recipes for Bota Sare dishes. Our chefs find inspiration in those books to master their culinary art and have original dishes always available…”The restaurant also includes a everyday brunch with affordable prices and it can be also delivered to you. Except fish dishes we also offer various meat specialties.
Reviewed March 11, 2014

We visited Bota Šare during Restaurant week. It has been on our wishlist for a long time.
It's not centrally located, but well worth the trip. Nicely decorated interior, professional staff.
We had a choice of set menus - half the group opted for fish the other half for meat. Everyone was very happy with the food. Those who had it praise the house white wine. Desserts were well worth the try too.

Reviewed March 11, 2014

I was here during the Zagreb Restaurant Week, so the menu was condensed and the prices were significantly reduced, but I can say that the food was d.e.l.i.c.i.o.u.s. Surprisingly enough, the place was completely empty, but it was a Monday evening, so maybe that's to blame. So it wasn't surprising that the waiter was very devoted to us, although a bit too self-appreciative for my taste (with statements like "With our menu you can't go wrong"). They offer a classic variety of meat and fish (to recommend definitely), and the interior is also very classic, with boats and similar sea motives. House wine and desserts (chocolate cake, chocolate cake!) are also to recommend. The location is not too attractive, but once you get in and have a bite, you forget all about it.

Reviewed September 14, 2012

We had an esteemed guest from abroad and choose this restaurant. Excellent choice since we both enjoyed genuine food (with prime service) and had the opportunity to present our country's gastronomic richness.

Reviewed June 3, 2012

We had a good time at this restaurant. Our waiter was so kind and knowledgeable. He suggested an amazing wine to accompany our meal. It was delicious. Their oysters are amazing. Like yeah, Croatian oysters are generally delicious but these were wonderful. We got some items off the sushi menu as well and they were surprisingly good. I was a little worried about ordering sushi from a place that specializes in Croatian dishes, but they did a good job.

Personally, I found the atmosphere charming and cozy, and I didn't think the prices were too high. I thought everything was well worth the price and I definitely want to swing by again!

Reviewed April 25, 2012

I had the pleasure of dining at this wonderful gem of a retaurant when visiting Zagreb in April. It is principally a fish restaurant, and provides excellent cuisine. The standards of culinary excellence and food fare were stupendous. A wow of an experience, and worth repeating again and again.