“Atmospheric restaurants with weak points”
Review of Gallo

Gallo
Ranked #19 of 1,033 Restaurants in Zagreb
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean, Croatian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Since 2002. we are true Mediterranian restaurant in heart of Zagreb ! Only 10 minutes away from Zagreb main square and Croatian national theatre, hidden in Castellum centre with breathtaking garden and perfect match of traditional and modern cuisine you will find Gallo.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

As an experience, this meal was very mixed up. On one hand the entrees were original and tasty, and the tuna was cooked exactly right and combined interestingly with potatoes and polenta, on the other hand the seafood spaghetti was very bad, the best part being the spaghetti, the rest seemingly something that had been put aside as unusable in other fish and shellfish dishes. Eat here, and you may have to accept something like that. For us, it took away a lot of the pleasure from the meal.

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (485)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

What a great restaurant!! The food and service were fantastic. I would highly recommend a visit. The waiter went above and beyond. The black pasta with truffle was amazing. The sea bream was perfectly prepared and served. The chocolate cake at the end finished off the meal with just the right amount of sweet.

Date of visit: September 2019
Reviewed August 29, 2019 via mobile

I’m a local and I can say that this is the best restaurant in Zagreb in my opinion. Amazing food and top waiters. Picturesque terrace, very diverse wine card!

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed August 24, 2019 via mobile

We had a lovely early dinner at Gallo, I was craving seafood and we picked well. Started with the fish soup which was perfect ( broth style). For mains I had seafood risotto which was the best I have ever eaten!, and my husband had fresh fish of the day which he loved. We were very looked after by friendly and welcoming staff.

Date of visit: August 2019
2  Thank 155TanyaS
Reviewed August 18, 2019 via mobile

Very nice atmosphere. Great outdoor terrace for summer days and nights. The couvret is delicious. Great homemade pasta. All in all, very satifying.

Date of visit: August 2019