“Mama's kitchen”

Gallo
Ranked #13 of 776 Restaurants in Zagreb
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean, Croatian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Since 2002. we are true Mediterranian restaurant in heart of Zagreb ! Only 10 minutes away from Zagreb main square and Croatian national theatre, hidden in Castellum centre with breathtaking garden and perfect match of traditional and modern cuisine you will find Gallo.
“Mama's kitchen”
Reviewed December 7, 2012

Food was great, this its not ITALIAN but true continental and coastal Croatian cuisine! Nothing to do with Italy. If you want to taste good wine, and food from all parts of Croatia this its three place. And its not expensive for what they offer. Just cause its in Croatia you people think you can degrade it. Restaurants like this can go hand in hand like the best French ones, London, Belgium,Holland Germany and many more can dream about this tasty great food prepared with love. Compliments to the 2 Nice waiters

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Serbian first
Croatia
“A solid but pricey restaurant”
Reviewed October 28, 2012

I went to Gallo for a quick business lunch with my colleagues. Unfortunately we had only 40 minutes for lunch and I think this is a restaurant where you have to have enough time to relax and enjoy the food properly. We decided to have a fish menue. We didn't lose time to look at the menue, and we asked the waiter to recommend us the best and quickest meals. We started with mixed fish carpacio. It was too cold for my taste, almost frozen and I wasn't too trilled about it. Then we had scorpionfish file. It was ok, but nothing outstanding. The portions were quite small for the price. We drank a bottle of mineral water and I had a glass of wine and we paid 115 eur. In the end I just didn't have the satisfaction that I usually have after eating in top restaurants. Maybe the problem was we were in such a hurry and they didn't have time to prepare the food properly, I don't know. But I do have to commend the service. It was top quality and they really make you feel like a VIP.

• Visited October 2012
Helsinki, Finland
“Italian restaurant in Zagreb”
Reviewed October 9, 2012

Exellent Italian restaurant in the heart of the city! Food is genuine Italian served with expertice, beautiful athmosphere and reasonable prices. We felt like queens even though we werent dressed for the evening. I can highly recommend this restaurant.

• Visited October 2012
Hadera, Israel
“A sheer delight”
Reviewed September 30, 2012

Gallo was recommended to us by our guide for lunch on a Sunday afternoon when much of Zagreb was on holiday. Located in a non descript building, the restaurant itself is in a beautiful courtyard that is open and airy with tables spaced far apart and under umbrellas ingeniously suspended over each table without a center pole. The maitre d' suggested we ignore the menu and take his suggestions for what was fresh that day and this turned out to be a good choice. We both had red scorpion filet which was excellent and preceded by my wife's tuna carpaccio, the thinnest slices of red tuna imaginable and my octopus carpaccio which was as fresh and tender as one could ask. We each ordered a glass of "a dry Croatian white" and left it to our server to fill in the glasses. A bottle was brought to the table for us to test and was put into a cooler. Our order of a single glass each was refilled twice but we were charged only for the single glass we had each ordered. The dark chocolate mousse was the darkest I have seen in a long while. When we returned to our hotel and gushed about our experience, the desk clerk told us "Gallo is one of the best. It is where our First Lady took your Mrs. Bush to lunch when she visited here."

Visited August 2012
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Nice setting and good food”
Reviewed September 13, 2012

This is a lovely place to eat if the weather is OK, as you are in a courtyard with greenery all around. The food was fine and the service excellent though the restaurant was very quiet. The only downside was that our waiter actually asked us for a tip!

• Visited August 2012