“Great hosts”

Konoba Didov San - Gornji grad
Ranked #34 of 1,060 Restaurants in Zagreb
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Eastern European, Croatian
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Welcome to the tripadvisor page taverns Didov san ( grandfather's dream ) Meet part of our gastronomy and the specifics of the restaurant
Reviewed September 9, 2016

Restaurant is located in upper town of Zagreb near Government and St. Marko church. Located perfectly at my opinion. You can taste domestic food in friendly and warm environment. Staff could be better but it is not a thing why You would not like to return here again. Hosts are great and very polite. Will visit next time in Zagreb

Reviewed September 8, 2016

The food is a little pricey considering it was nothing special. Service wasn't that great, our waiter really just gave off the attitude that he wanted his shift to be over already. It's out of the way from city centre as well, not worth a separate trip in my opinion, there were much better options in the centre.

Date of visit: August 2016
Reviewed September 7, 2016

First, we waiting 1.5h between the starter and main dish without any explanation or warning. Then, food turned out to be mediocre at best - meat was not seasoned at all and very chewy, dish "babina tava" was huge but unsavoury. We were not very happy with the experience but ok, it is a nice setting... BUT then I had to ask the waiter 4 times to bring us the bill - finally got it after 45min since the first time I asked. And to top it all - there was 100kn missing in change!!! When I went back to the waiter, pretty angry, he knew what is wrong ("Oh, I forgot the 100 bill") before I even said anything, so I would assume it was not an innocent mistake!
Before leaving I complained to the owner but he just shrugged, said "sorry" and offered a bottle of wine - seriously?!

This place is nothing but a tourist trap, run of the mill lousy operation with awful service. Avoid it if at all possible! There are much better alternatives around.

Reviewed September 4, 2016 via mobile

I went with friends and I must commend the tavern , which is made ​​the old-fashioned way , and that has its own history . I was impressed with was how the staff always smiling and cheerful. Certainly come again! ❤️

Reviewed September 1, 2016 via mobile

Tasty traditional food. The Octopus Salad was fresh and a good-sized portion for a meal. The meat and cheese for two had locally produced ham, sausage and cheese, along with olives and peppers. Finally, the donuts...a nice treat with the creamy cheese. The server explained each dish and was very friendly.