“Nice place for dinner”
Review of Vinodol

Vinodol
Ranked #19 of 776 Restaurants in Zagreb
Cuisines: Croatian
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
San Francisco, California
“Nice place for dinner”
Reviewed October 27, 2013

Tucked away inside an alley, Vinodol is a nice place to have dinner while in Zagreb.

There is a big outside covered terrace and lots of tables inside. We chose to eat inside as unfortunately the majority of the outside tables were occupied by smokers. A common problem in Croatia.

The menu offers typical Dalmatian food and the service is prompt and courteous. We had the pasta with truffles, grilled peppers and veal medallions in mushroom sauce. All dishes were very good.

• Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
Rijeka, Croatia
“Average, good but not more than that”
Reviewed October 26, 2013 via mobile

The food was good but I could say far away from something that I will remeber.... The ambient/atmosphere inside is little bit old-fashion, could be better. Overall OK but nothing more.

Vero Beach, Florida
“Good Choice For First Night”
Reviewed October 22, 2013 via mobile

What luck when our tour guide took us here because she likes it and is familiar. I had mushroom soup in a bread bowl that was too tough but the soup was good and tasty. My main course was pork tenderloin with dried plumb sauce - very nice. This is a popular place with a number of groups that appeared to be families, friends and business related. Clean, modern with pleasant wait staff.

Visited October 2013
Los Angeles, California
“Good food in Zagreb city center”
Reviewed October 21, 2013

This was the first restaurant we tried in Croatia. We realized later that we were fortunate enough to eat at this place during their "restaurant week" which meant that the menu we tried included an appetizer, an entree and a dessert for 100 kuna each person. We sat outside which eventually got chilly. The service was slower than I would've liked but the food more than made up for it. The appetizers we tried were yummy, we had the mushroom soup and polenta. The entrees we tried were fish and meat which was equally delicious. The desserts were forgettable. I'd recommend this place.

Zagreb, Croatia
“Best place for the first (or only) day in Zagreb”
Reviewed October 19, 2013

I'm eating in this restaurant every few months in last 15 years and this is place which changes positively every time I come back. They managed to keep the best of traditional meals they always served (like lamb from islands Pag and Krk, mushroom soup served in bread, roasted veal under the bell), but the presentation refined together with introduction of fusion experiences.
I recently ate there great duck's leg on a special menu and it just made me happy so I finally had to write this review. Don't miss their desserts, especially strawberry or plum strudel (depending on season). The place is rather big and there is always some place to sit. And prices are respecting the fact that this is one of the most visited local restaurants.
When in the center and with some foreign guest,Vinodol is my choice.