“Finally tried it after 15 years in Zagreb (and it didn't disappoint!)”
Review of Agava

Agava
Ranked #46 of 1,063 Restaurants in Zagreb
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: "Restaurant AGAVA" - a place where fine dining truly meets a casual atmosfere. This is very special place, a bit hidden, a bit shy...A classic Italian restaurant filled with subtle dark colours and distinctive lightning. Wide windows provide an unique view, and in spring and summer the green terrace will attract you immediately. The restaurant was opened in 2005. It is runned by Belizar Milos (owner/partner) who is also the main chef, responsible for many mediterranean delices and beyond. So, come to the number 39 of Tklaciceva street... It'll take you 39 staircases to come to your little hiding place.
Reviewed August 17, 2016

My husband and I decided to celebrate our specail day at Agava and I can only say good things about it. Waiters are very helpful, polite and professional. The ambient is very nice and the food was great, especially Hvarska pogača which was absolutely amazing.

1  Thank Gogy2014

Reviewed August 15, 2016 via mobile

We had dinner there after reading the great reviews on Trip Advisor. I had some type of octopus and potato stew that was absolutely delicious! The waiter was super friendly. Be sure to go early or make a reservation if you want to sit outside.

1  Thank MissEuro
Reviewed August 14, 2016 via mobile

After much searching for places to eat on a busy night, my girlfriend and I got ridiculously lucky to get what can only be described as the beat seats in this restaurant. The food is amazing, service is tip top but if you are looking for a romantic, quiet night with your other half to enjoy food, conversation and a few drinks this place is very good! The reason this place is 5 star though for my experience is the waitor was excellent and managed to find my girlfriend and I a table on a balcony, by ourselves, surrounded by lit lanterns...all without a reservation during peak time...too good to be true! Well thats what my girlfriend thought and immediately presumed the question of all questions was coming...but luckily i burst that bubble for her by unveiling my bruce Lee t-shirt...no one is gonna propose wearing that ;).

To sum up, amazing restaurant, fine dining experience...everything you'd want for a meal with your partner but be aware of the romance overload in the air.

1  Thank gerardmck365
Reviewed August 13, 2016 via mobile

despite our reservation, we were shuttled to the street level patio on a chilly night. when my husband inquired about a few other tables in warmer upper patios, we were told coolly that those are "reserved".....mmmm ok. finally they plunked us at an indoor table opposite the kitchen door. the waiter looked visibly disgusted at our arrival in his section and after sitting there for a few minutes we simply decided to walk. Zagreb is a warm and inviting city, except at Agava.

Reviewed August 13, 2016 via mobile

Nice interior,we had a table on terrace which has nice view.Excellent truffle pasta and focaccia as a starter.Very nice staff.Definitely would recommend for lunch/dinner!

1  Thank magdalenamichalewska