“Very nice for special occasions”
Review of Tabiet

Tabiet
Ranked #470 of 1,055 Restaurants in Sofia
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Poduyane
Sofia, Bulgaria
“Very nice for special occasions”
Reviewed January 13, 2014

This is the second time I visit this restaurant and I am still delighted with the quality of the food and the service.

There was always someone watching around for orders and they were very quick in getting the drinks and the appetizers.

The menu gives more than enough options for salads and main dishes. The wine selection is very good as well.

Looking forward to my next visit, maybe closer to the summer so that I can enjoy the outside sitting.

• Visited January 2014

St. Maarten-St. Martin
“Probably the best restaurant in Sofia, was dining at its best!”
Reviewed September 26, 2013

Was a great experience to finally have. There are a lot of good restaurants in the Sofia area but not great ones, this is why they have stars on the Michelin ratings and they get them all... I went for a special B-Day and what a surprise. Real waiters with the napkin over the hand, beautiful table settings, a menu with a little imagination and great presentation..All I can say is that I wish nobody new about it, it should be a secret..it's was great!

• Visited September 2013
Sofia, Grad Sofiya, Bulgaria
“nice place”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

It is really nice play to have dinner whether business or romantic date. The atmosphere is pleasant and cozily. The menu is big enough to choose the best food for you, wine list is big too. The waiters are professional and kindly. And at least the prices are extremely normal. Recommend this place certainly.

• Visited August 2013
Sofia, Bulgaria
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Gnocchi with mushrooms, couldn't be better”
Reviewed August 29, 2013

We visited Tabiet in August'13, we saw variety of sea food, but as a fish hater, I tried gnocchi . It was excellent choice. They had special wine, seems they change that selection weekly or monthly - not really sure, but we overall my thought was good value for money. The restaurant is not far from the City Center, close to a metro station, parking space always available. Our server was not excellent, could be a little better in terms of presenting the food and wine with more details - but our overall experience was great!
A must visit restaurant in Sofia.

• Visited August 2013
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Pseudo chic ambiance, terrible service, good food and a little overpriced”
Reviewed August 20, 2013

We stayed at the Kempinski Hotel and Tabiet happens to be not far away - literally around the corner. We went there because it was recommended by hotel staff plus by our Bulgarian hosts.
We we sat at the terrace because there were two Bulgarians with us who smoked (extensively) but there were too many Bulgarians at the terrace for the same reason so it was unbearable to breath at times.
The waiter recommended many dish options without us asking him to do so and it appeared that almost everything on the menu is "one of his favorite dishes". The menu itself is like a novel which in the rest of the world is considered an outdated feature. The service was slow and we had to answer the question "Shal I bring you the main course" (or this and that) all the time, when we deliberately asked the whole order to be served as soon as it was ready.
At the end they brought us a check that clearly wasn't ours with few bottle of wine on it. They apologized for the mistake but I don't think it was a genuine mistake but a nice try.
I am visiting Sofia in September again and I'm not going to visit Tabiet again.

• Visited June 2013