All reviews close to the airport free mini bar nice hotel business trip coca cola free shuttle service small gym city centre rooms are comfortable recommend this hotel airport hotel big mall room service busy road shuttle bus comfortable stay shopping mall
Reviewed October 16, 2013

Very good hotel, situated just 10 minutes from Airport Sofia for some business trip it can be useful. As a very nice option they offer free transfer to airport. Modern interior in all common places and rooms. Everything looks extremely new!!!  (Hotel is only 2 years old :). Very clean rooms. Friendly personal at every positions (reception, transfer, bellboys, barmen etc.) It seems they really want you get every service they have at the highest level...

The strange situation with restaurant in the evening. It is declared as opened till 23-30. And it is really opened but without staff... Instead You can order any dish or food from menu at Lobby Bar and it was also acceptable as a service. The variety of food in menu was good enough from grilled octopus and veal steaks to CEDENO MLYAKO (bulgarian national desert).

The only things I can remind as a small bugs (imperfections)
1) Inside the shower cabin there was no little shelf for shampoo  and gel, this is a bit inconvenient moment.
2) There was a very weak signal of WIFI in my room at the 4th floor. But this bugs can be easily resolved...
And I really recommend You this hotel.

Date of stay: October 2013
Trip type: Traveled on business
MetropolitanHotelSof, Director of Sales at Metropolitan Hotel Sofia, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2013

Dear valued guest,

I would like to thank you very much for sharing your observations about Metropolitan Hotel Sofia. I am delighted that you enjoyed our facilities and the airport transfer.

Further to your comment about our restaurant, I would like to inform you that it has been closed for a short period but is now open with a refreshed look and feel, offering new seasonal menu with delicious meals.

We will consider your comment about the shower cabin and will come up with a solution.
Regarding the Internet, it might indeed be a little slow at the end of the corridors during intense usage.Currently, we are upgrading our Wi-Fi system and all the devices in order to provide top of the line services with high signal on all the hotel premises.

We all look forward to welcoming you back, when you would be able to enjoy the new Metropolitan restaurant experience!

Yours sincerely,
Martina Sarafova

Reviewed October 14, 2013

That was my first time in Sofia and it turned out to be a lovely city with interesting sites to visit.
Metropolitan was great itself as well. Staff at reception was quite helpful and even picked me up at the airport at no charge saving me the trouble of going around with my suitcases.
The room I had was spacious and clean. There was wi-fi and quite a few English TV channels.
There were also free drinks in the mini bar - something you don't see a lot.
Breakfast and food in the bar were delicious - in the morning you could have an omellete made in front of you.
Overall, i would most definitely recommend the hotel and it will for sure be my choice again during my next stay in Sofia.

Date of stay: August 2013
Reviewed October 14, 2013

The hotel is very good for a trip to Sofia. It is very closely situated to the airport and a boulevard who takes you right to downtown. The girl at the reception was very kind and answered all of my stupid questions. Also the restaurant is a good hit, with a good taste of food.

Date of stay: August 2013
Reviewed October 10, 2013

Good location - near the airport, near the business area of Sofia, close to a large shopping center. Clean and calm place with modern decoration, large rooms with well equipped baths. Excellent service and breakfast buffet. Friendly staff, personal touch to every detail...

Date of stay: October 2013
Reviewed October 10, 2013

I was invited to a wedding which took place in Metropolitan Hotel and everything was organised just perfectly. The food was absolutely amazing and the staff was really great. I stayed in one of their rooms for the night and honestly, I cannot say a single bad word about the quality of service in the hotel. I also had the chance to take a look at the honeymoon suite and it was just fabulous. I would definitely recommend this hotel!

Date of stay: September 2013