All reviewsclose to the airportfree mini barnice hotelbusiness tripcoca colasmall gymcity centrefree shuttle serviceairport hotelroom serviceshuttle busbusy roadshopping mallcomfortable bedscomfortable stayrooms are bigminibar
Reviewed October 5, 2013

We booked this hotel on our way into Bulgaria in July not knowing the area so well we relied on our sat navigation .
This tried to take us threw the centre of Sofia unknown to us at the time, a political demonstration was taking place, after traveling from Croatia a nine our journey, we were exhausted.
Having been given the run around the city streets blocked we gave up and headed towards Pazerchiick where we have a property on the way out of the city we spotted the hotel lit up by its name on top of the building.
We could not access the car park due to the central reservation I crossed the reservation and spoke to a man at reception who did no more but come in my car and help me navigate to the hotel.
This we were very impressed with the room was stunning complete with robes slippers and free mini bar .
The breakfast was fantastic in the morning with bacon sausage eggs and all the trimmings as well as cakes fruit and full continental selection.
The management and staff are superb highly recommendedgg

Room Tip: Choose a high room the views are great
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 1, 2013

I travel often to Sofia due to my business and ever stay in different hotels, but this one definitely impressed me. Next time I'll know where to book. It's near the airport and offers free shuttle service (although my flight was delayed from the hotel took care to track information and shuttle was waiting for me at the airport - still wondering how they do that!!!!). Helpful and friendly staff at the reception. Clean rooms with good WiFi connection (at no charge). Sumptuous breakfast and fine dinner (congratulations to the chef - amazing desserts)... Definitely the best business hotel I've ever been...

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 29, 2013

Overall the Hotel is fine.
Reception friendly and helpful,yes,actually caring.
Rooms are clean and very well equipped with amenities.
Location ok

Few minor Issues i Have,
1.) Breakfast: I tend to show up approx 1 hr before breakfast closure to enjoy start of Day.it happened now twice that the Buffet was nearly empty ,no tables cleaned or prepared.
You could hear loud laughing out of kitchen ,still no one appeared even after knocking.
To get a cappuccino or espresso ,omlette etc...you need to be brave to not "annoy" the People working there or get the Danger to be on their " black list" .
Had a very unwelcoming feeling and so far i prepared my table always by myself.
I would wish that there are some people working ,which really welcome you and help you ,even only if 4 Stars.please fix!!!

Gym: maybe a little bigger would be nice.
Sauna steam ok

Massage could be easier to book and please if ic book 1 hr,it means 1 hr hands on ,not prepare room etc .average massage total time aft preparation and phone calls answered by the lady : 45 minutes ,rest Preperation and disturbances....needs a fix!!!!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
MetropolitanHotelSof, Director of Sales at Metropolitan Hotel Sofia, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2013

Dear Sir,

First of all, thank you for sharing your thoughts and comments. It is of vital importance for our team to receive both positive feedback as an encouragement and criticism as a guidance for improvement. For our staff, if you share your experience it means that you care and this is why we react instantly on your requests and recommendations in order to exceed your expectations.

I would like to comment on the specific issues that you mentioned in your review.

Regarding the breakfast, our aim is to offer the best buffet breakfast in the city. Thus, we pay a lot of attention to its quality, presentation and service. We have a new Food & Beverage Supervisor who will be responsible for the breakfast control. Moreover, personnel trainings are taking place regularly, so that restaurant staff is now performing on the expected level of service.

Regarding the massage therapies, our masseuse was absent for 3 months and we had a temporary employee replacing her. Fortunately, she is back on duty now and the quality of the Relax Center offers will be immediately improved. I guarantee her professionalism and desire to work.

I hope you will visit us again soon, so that we can show you the positive changes and satisfy all your needs and expectations.

Kindest regards,
Martina Sarafova

Reviewed September 18, 2013

Having traveled around Bulgaria a bit, I can safely declare that the Metropolitan is one of the most professionally managed hotel properties in the country.
The internet, water and electricity work well and the rooms are clean. One oddity is the Soviet/E European beds. The Queen turned out to be two singles rammed together and there were two futons/coverlets. I imagine Bulgarian lovers don't like to sleep entwined in each other's arms.

The strong point of the hotel is its location. It's five minutes from the airport and runs a free shuttle. It is also on the main route heading out to Plovdiv and Burgas. If your destination is Varna or any of the other cities on the northern highway, the Sofia ring road is also easily accessible. Finally the hotel is located directly across from the Mall (Carrefour, Starbucks and every mid-price international retail chain you care to name). I was traveling with my teenage daughter. Given a choice between strolling about the commercial center of Sofia or running around an air-conditioned enclosed mall, you can easily guess which she preferred.

If you must go to the charmless center of town, it costs about 5 euros in a taxi. Or walk over to the metro station (500 m away) and spend 50 cents.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank simplesimon666
MetropolitanHotelSof, Director of Sales at Metropolitan Hotel Sofia, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2013

Dear valued guest,

On behalf of the hotel team, I would like to express our gratitude for your sincere and detailed review. It is wonderful that you rated us so high and that you preferred Metropolitan to all the other hotels in Sofia.

Your comments are a true motivation to all the hotel employees. They are the ones that rationalize our quest to be the best host for you!

Looking forward to your next visit at the MET.

Kindest regards,
Martina Sarafova
Director of Sales & Marketing

Reviewed September 17, 2013

Excellent modern hotel with all the facilities you could want. We stayed for one night and it was perfect, close to the airport and good connections to the city center, very rich brekfast, friendly staff and perfect organizaton. We would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple