“Friendly staff, English speaking, otherwise average” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Metropolitan Hotel Sofia

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Metropolitan Hotel Sofia
Ranked #12 of 130 Hotels in Sofia
Doha, Qatar
“Friendly staff, English speaking, otherwise average”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2012

We stayed in 1007 and the view from our balcony over the city was just gorgeous! Snowy rooftops and cars with headlights on.. (Jan 2012)
The gowns and slippers on the bed was a good start and the junior suite was quite spacious.
The sauna, jacuzzi and gym seemed nice but we since we only stayed 3 days we didn't get round to it.
If you need to iron a shirt before you order a taxi to the city centre, you will have to make use of the laundry service since an ironboard and iron is not available.
The breakfast is good although I would recommend you arrive before 9am since we went down for breakfast once at 9:30 and they didn't fill up the empty bread baskets and other trays.
Yellow taxis and OK taxis treated us fairly and we had a good stay overall.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2012

Very large, clean, classy rooms. Free parking, free Wifi. Location across the divided road from a mall and very near the airport. Staff at check in were very helpful. Sadly when I called with what I thought was a reservation request , the female representative did not make my reservation, but rather sent me an email link to a different site to make a reservation. Suggest changing this routine as travelers may not always have internet access? Made reservation with short notice, requesting a room without breakfast as we flew out before breakfast serving time. The reception desk offered to have the kitchen prepare a box meal if we wanted.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Luckytraveler10
Washington, DC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 24, 2011

My office recently relocated away from the Sofia city center closer to the airport. So this hotel fit my needs being close to our Sofia office. The hotel is modern and clean. Hotel has free Wifi throughout the hotel and offers free mini-bar which was greatly needed after arriving to the hotel just before midnight from the late flight from Frankfurt. If you are looking for hotel in the old part of the city - this would be too far away.

The only minor complaint would be the free breakfast - visually the breakfast looks great and they offer a lot, but the quality is lacking.

Again - I would stay here again on next visit to Sofia. Hats off to the Hotel and Staff

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank CodyDC
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2011

- hotel clean
- bit in the middle of nowhere although there is a mall not too far
- not close to town, 20min taxi ride needed
- staff not attentive to customer needs
- as careful as I am, the bathroom floor is always wet when I shower; the screen isn't watertight
- duvet is standard single but double can be requested

highlight:

I try to order food from room service (which is the restaurant). room service's telephone did not work. I rang reception to complain and they said they will get room service to get in touch. I wait 20min. I ring reception and I am told quite rudely that room service will call me in their own time. I go down personally to the restaurant. There are four waiters (and a pianist), four customers and a phone that rings. I order my food (soup, brown bread and butter). Food arrives quickly with white bread (not what I asked for), butter but no knife (perhaps it was my punishment for ordering a complex dish and they got it wrong!).

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank hatespacking
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2011

I just started my stay at the Metropolitan Hotel and have to say that it is the best hotel I have stayed in while traveling in Sofia for business. The hotel is very modern with huge rooms, modern decor, and fast internet. This is one of the best values in Sofia I think.

Room Tip: The odd number rooms face a nice view
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank MatthewEGreen
Aberdeen
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2011

Stayed in this hotel for a night before coming back to Scotland.
Very nice reception area and staff were friendly.
The room, 422, was big. Nice bathroom, lots of fresh towels and a bath robe and slippers were also provided.
The only thing that really annoyed me about the room was the fact that the bed was a large double but the duvet was 2 singles! Thats just silly!
The met bar is nice. Prices are 6 Lev for a 50ml vodka & 3.50 lev for a 500ml beer.
Food is great, club sandwich with fries was huge and really good. calamari was very nice as well.
I had no problems when I asked at reception if I could print out my boarding pass through their computer which was handy.
I also got the complimentary shuttle to the airport which took about 15-20 minutes at 7am.
Would dedinitely recommend the hotel. The only thing I didn't expect to see were the large slum like tower blocks at the back of the hotel. Wasn't a problem though, they just must have airbrushed them out of the pictures.

• Stayed November 2011
1 Thank HRH-Garden
Birmingham
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2011

Just returned from 3 nights at the Metropolitan and found it to be excellent. I travel a lot for business so see the inside of numerous hotels and this one is definitly one I'll be returning to. The reception is welcoming as are the receptionists. The rooms are modern, clean and you get a free mini bar (limited drinks but free none the less). There is a small gym but it's more than adequate in terms of equipment. The restaurant is warm and friendly, breakfast had a wide chocie and the evening dinner is very good (and reasonably priced). There is a free shuttle to and from the airport which takes about 10 minutes. Can't fault the place and I'll definitly be back next time I'm in Sofia.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business