“A special hotel, with a great location”

Les Fleurs Boutique Hotel
Ranked #21 of 133 Hotels in Sofia
Oslo, Norway
“A special hotel, with a great location”
Reviewed January 11, 2014

We spent three nights in this hotel and it was really great. The room was beautiful, but if you're shy you might not like the bathroom, since it`s only divided from the rest of the room by a glass door and the round glass shower. I am not shy (and I found the switch for the curtain), so I really liked it. The location is excellent, with a variety of restaurants nearby. The hotel also has a few parking spaces right outside the front door.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
Casablanca, Morocco
Reviewed August 25, 2013

We spend 1 night in August 13, and really loved the hotel.
Location: its Best features ! Right in the middle of the Vitosha blvd, the main street of Sofia, with its many trendy bars, cafes and boutiques. The location is also very close to the main cultural attractions: the Alexanderntesk church is 10 min walk, the church Sveta Nedelya is 2 min walk...
Rooms: comfortable, enough space for 2 but not huge rooms, very original design with great attention to details, large Bathroom with all the necessary goodies (products, bathrobe, slippers...)
Lobby and common areas: not very big (it's a boutique hotel) but again very nicely decorated
Staff was friendly and breakfast was OK, with Illy coffe though, which is a real plus

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Yassir Z
Bridgeport, Connecticut
Reviewed July 28, 2013

So, if you go to Sofia, you can stay at the Holiday Inn, Sheraton, or the Hilton. Or you can have an unique experience and stay at Les Fleurs.

What makes this hotel stand out is its unique design. There are curving walls, lots of art work and glass. On the wall in the room there was a huge sunflower mural, which actually was quite nice. You definitely get the feeling of a boutique hotel, eastern European style. By the way, most of this works quite well, while some does not. The glass tube shower in the room is the type of thing that must have looked really cool in the designs, but does not work as well in reality. No matter how tightly you close the door, there's still water on the floor. Oh well, the cleaning staff was excellent (and understanding!) and there's a great tub for a bath.

Once you get settled in and used to the cool design, you can really enjoy the hotel and its location. It's right on Vitosha Street, Sofia's main shopping street, which is closed to traffic and features dozens of restaurants and many shops. The location is central to other restaurants, museums, and tourist spots. (Check out the Sofia Bike tours or free hike up Mt. Vitosha with a guide.)

The hotel may be a bit more than some of the others in the city, but you can get a lot for your money. We booked the package that included massage for each guest and sure enough, the massage therapist was set up and waiting in the room across the hall with her table in an hour. That was great after an exceptionally long train ride. Also, a deluxe breakfast is cooked to order and included in the room rate. Wifi's included, too! Like a few other hotels on the trip, we were greeted with free drinks at check-in. Why can't US hotels do this??

Once again in our travels, we had an experience that showed service really does set some properties apart from the rest. 'Want to mail something? We'll take care of that!' 'We don't have any aspirin, but we would be happy to get some for you!' And without the insane service fees you often see in hotels.

The staff at Les Fleurs really rose to the occasion when we left a cell phone in the cab on the way to the airport. They responded to an e-mail within minutes and were able to quickly track down the phone in the taxi. From there, they explored the best shipping options to Athens. And when that wouldn't work, they did the same for Copenhagen. Through all of this, the staff was exceptionally courteous and always helpful. A few days later, the phone was safely delivered in Denmark. With their flawless handling of this situation alone, Les Fleurs earned its excellent rating.

Thanks for the excellent stay, Les Fleurs!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Les F, Front Office Manager at Les Fleurs Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Dear Mr. Staffey,

Thank you for your stay at our hotel. We are thankful for the nice words and very happy that our services were up to your expectations and would be glad to welcome you again next time you are travelling to our destination.

Milva Petrova
Trieste
Reviewed July 25, 2013

Les Fleurs is very centrally Located, on Vitosha Street, one of the main streets in Sofia.
What I liked: the location, the price compared with the value, the atmosphere, the cleaningness of the room, the staff
What could ne improved: breakfast, selection of TV channels

Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Les F, Front Office Manager at Les Fleurs Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for your opinion. Your suggestions will be discussed.

Milva Petrova
Lexington,KY
Reviewed July 23, 2013

As someone in my mid-50's I am usually looking for comfort and quiet. This would not normally be the type of hotel I would seek out but the reviews were very positive. Yes, the lobby and my room were decorated in a bold "over the top" manner but the place was comfortable and well-designed. The breakfast was excellent.
As for the service... When I arrived without my luggage, Aeroflot contractor gave me a number to call. The hotel reception desk called multiple times for me over 2 days but the number was never answered. On my 3rd day without luggage, Viktoria told me that she would keep calling through the day while I did my tourist thing. That evening the luggage was delivered. Thank you Viktoria!

• Stayed July 2013
Thank you for the nice words. We appreciate your opinion.
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Maybe it was because I arrived in the middle of the night (about 1130) that my reception was a little cool for my liking. There are two bouncer-like security guys around the lobby all the time. I suppose that's good news, but it does make me wonder why they're needed! The place is also quite dark and brooding, so that combined with arriving at night, and the seriousness of the staff and bouncers created something of the atmosphere of a Bond villain's lair. Just my style, really.

It's a beautifully, if slightly wackily, Italian-designed hotel. Sweeping marble, glass lifts and a grand staircase in the lobby down to... the breakfast room. My room itself was pleasantly individual, with mod cons like electric curtains operable from the bed. I settled and slept well despite my late arrival - very quiet on my side of the building. I know some guests have complained about the glass tube shower being partly in the room. Worth noting that in my room at least, the shower is completely within a separate bathroom.

As to the general location, Vitosha Street is currently something of a building site, but that at least means that it is traffic-free. You can't really get more central than this, either.

Breakfast was good, though I got there late so can't comment in depth. What _was_ good was that rather than the disapproving look you can sometimes get when arriving late for breakfast, the lady told me simply to ask for anything I wanted and that she would get for me. A refreshing change.

I don't feel like I got the best out of the hotel (or Sofia in general) but that's largely due to it being a flying visit as I was headed to Varna and just decided to break my flight. I'd recommend Les Fleurs, though.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank James V
Sunny Isles Beach, Florida
Reviewed June 10, 2013

We really enjoyed a long weekend at Les Fleurs. The hotel is centrally located on one of the main shopping drags, very close to the center of town and within walking distance of a great variety of good restaurants.
While our room was relatively small, it was fine for a weekend. Very clean and the bed was very comfortable.
Our breakfast was included and the food was great, don't forget to try the croissants.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple