“a true Boutique/Designer Hotel”

Les Fleurs Boutique Hotel
Ranked #11 of 133 Hotels in Sofia
California
“a true Boutique/Designer Hotel”
Reviewed September 30, 2011

This is a fine hotel with a few minor flaws which won't really spoil your experience too much. The rooms are quite big and very nicely decorated. The shower is unique in that you walk into a small tiled room. It is designed in a way where no shower curtain is needed and the water always drains without splashing into the dry area of the bath room or bedroom (as it sometimes does in other hotels). I had a laptop with me. Unfortunately, the safe was too small to accommodate its relatively small siza. I had to use the reception's storage facility instead. Another minor inconvenience was that I could not switch TV channels on the flat screen TV in the bed room. This could also have been of my own wrong doing since I am not always the most tech savvy person.
I made the reservation on line. I did not realize that the price included a pick-up from the airport. This is an important hotel amenity that one should definitely make use of because any of the other cab companies will ripp you off royally if you arrive there for the first time. According to posters in the airport they should only charge you a minimal amount (not more than 12 leva; 6 Euro). The posters also mentioned you should pick one of the two companies OK Supertrans or Taxi EC Express. I insisted on one of the two, but they just make the meters run faster and by the time you arrive at the hotel the price has already doubled. By the way my cab driver dropped me off across the intersection from the hotel so I could not verify the shenanigans with the hotel staff. On top of that the driver pretended not to have change. We had to ask people in the street and in stores until we finally found someone willing to help out. The cab incident was the first impression of Bulgaria. Needless to say I was outraged. I read that this situation is well known among the authorities and that they cleaned up the scams. Don't believe it!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank BHSCalifornia

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Geneva, Switzerland
Reviewed August 28, 2011

The Les Fleurs falls kind of into the Boutique Hotel category although it is maybe a little to large for it. Quirky interior design, very friendly staff, cool rooms, ok breakfast, nice terrace outside, very good location directly facing the Vitosha Boulevard. Free Wireless (works)

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank SwissTravelist
Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed July 25, 2011

Great design hotel in the city center! Excellent service and beautiful, spacious and clean room.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Voyageur086
Madrid, Spain
Reviewed June 28, 2011

A lot of things to be loved about Les Fleurs Boutique hotel in Sofia: impressive design, huge room, especially the bathroom, comfortable bed and attentive and polite staff. If I could change one thing, it would be the motion-activated lighting, which can be annoying at times.
The included breakfast did not have a huge choice but the French-style croissants were one of the best I've tried. It's centrally located so you can walk to the main city attractions. Highly recommended.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank rro2005MAD
Colsterworth
Reviewed March 19, 2011

A very sweet boutique hotel with 31 bedrooms on the main shopping boulevard in Sofia. Great value for such a central location, with shopping, restaraunts, bars and cultural sights within easy walking distance. We did a 2 night stop on our way home from a ski-ing trip to Bansko and would definitely recommend a trip to the capital, and in particular, this hotel

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Evie12Grace
Copenhagen, Denmark
Reviewed February 1, 2011

I travel extensively, and I've yet to see a prettier hotel than Hotel des Fleurs. It's theme of huge, bold flowers is carried throughout the hotel, from lobby to hallways to the breakfast room to my very lovely Flower Suite (room 45), which was spotlessly clean and breathtakingly well laid-out.

The bed was large and comfortable, and the bathroom - ooh la la! There is both a huge plexiglass enclosed shower that divides the bedroom from the bathroom (Hotel des Fleurs is a very good place for a honeymoon, if you know what I mean) and a giant bathtub with room enough for two people. I was on my own, but the bathtub was so comfortable I almost missed my plane because I couldn't bear to get out of it.

Breakfast was included in the price and excellent. I did not order room service.

If I would have any complaints about this hotel, it would be the lack of good reading light, and the fact that there is no deadbolt lock on room doors. And some manly men may not be as comfortable in this very flowery environment as I am.

But overall, it was a great experience and I only wish I went to Sofia more often, so I could go back.

Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank KayDenmark
essex
Reviewed October 31, 2010

we have recently returned from sofia bulgaria having stayed in the les fleurs boutique hotel in the city centre. This is a very nice hotel and all attractions are in walking distance. The first night we went to a restaurant close by (cant remember the name) and the local's were dancing the night away doing the tango, very entertaining, reminded me of s/c/ dancing, All in all we had a good experience in sofia, but please be aware of taxi tout's at the airport ,we were charged about £30, our hotel said we had been overcharged and provided us with a good taxi company that only charged £15 on the way back.