“Great B&B Location in Sofia”
Review of Casa Ferrari B&B

Casa Ferrari B&B
Ranked #1 of 106 Sofia B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 11, 2013

We had a very pleasant stay at Casa Ferrari B&B. Great location - walking distance to all important downtown sites in Sofia. Perfect for a group of 4-5 people that are willing to share the apartment. Thank you, Ludmil, for a great care. Keep up the good standards!

Room Tip: Choose the room with a window to the back-yard.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank MarekM_SK
There are newer reviews for Casa Ferrari B&B

Reviewed July 29, 2013

I stayed at the CF for two nights, along with two friends. We'd been in Romania beforehand, and were travelling from Bucharest to Sofia by train. Despite the train getting in at 10:30 in the evening, Ludmil was amazing in that he picked us up from the station and took us to the B and B. Having installed us in our room, he went on to recommend a late night restaurant down the street where we could eat after our journey. This attitude of amazing care and helpfulness continued unabated throughout the two days we were there. Not only did he pick us up from the train station, but he gave us a map on which he marked all the sights we should see, and even recommended a walking tour of Sofia. The evening of our flight onto Athens, Ludmil generously dropped us at the airport in good time! The Casa Ferrari is very centrally situated in a residential apartment area of Sofia, with a 5-10 minute walk from the main shopping street and museums. The breakfasts were amazing, the rooms really spacious and just a pleasure to stay in. There is a computer to use in the lounge area, along with wifi in the rooms, as well as a kitchen area and washing machine if you need to clean clothes. I don't think we wanted for anything! A top class B and B at extremely reasonable prices! I shall be returning in the future!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 27, 2013

We stayed 3 nights here at Casa Ferrari and cannot believe there could be anywhere better. We met Ludmil, his wife and daughter and a more delightful family who are perfect hosts you could not meet. Their English is good and they were a fount of knowledge of Bulgaria and Sofia in particular.
The breakfasts were simple but adequate to set us up for the day. The rooms were very clean, beautifully and simply decorated with delightful old Italian furniture. The kitchen is well stocked and available for use and there is bottled water in the fridge. A washing machine and iron is also available.
The property is fairly centrally located.
If you enjoy B&B's then this is very good, and has added attraction of the kitchen and laundry facilities. Highly recommended.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 19, 2013

I cannot imagine a better place to stay in Sofia than Casa Ferrari. The bed and breakfast is in fact a beautiful apartment in a residential neighborhood in Sofia that is central and walking distance to all the sights. It is beautifully furnished, clean, and spacious with a large open living area, private, and breakfast is included in the stay. The cost is very good as well, lower than other B&Bs on the trip advisor list.

Ludmil, who runs the B&B, is very knowledgable about the history of Bulgaria and we had endless conversations about the local culture, traditions, food and history.

I could not recommend this B&B higher! If you are going to Sofia, STAY HERE!

Room Tip: There are only two rooms, both are lovely.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank theskaven
Reviewed February 14, 2013

A great weekend! Comfort and convenience! Thank you!
I will recommend their friends to your guests.
If I have the opportunity again I was your guest.
High level of service and comfort, accompanied by discreetness.
We felt cared for by royalty.
I believe that the high level of service will remain a priority for you.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank monah v
Reviewed January 27, 2013

I'm an American who travels extensively domestically and abroad for work. I also travel occasionally domestically and internationally for pleasure. My visit to Sofia was primary for work, but I remained in the city for about a week after my work concluded, as a tourist. I stayed at Casa Ferrari B&B during my time there as a tourist.

As my time in Bulgaria was both professional and for pleasure, and because I stayed in a big chain hotel for work, then transferred to Casa Ferrari B&B for my vacation, I can honestly say that staying at this B&B significantly improved my experience in Bulgaria.

Ludmil, the owner, is a fantastic gentleman. I found him to be not only a gracious host, but also an amazing historian with a wealth of knowledge about Bulgaria and Europe, and a world-view shaped by extensive international travel himself. He also has extensive business experience, which explains his very professional, fair, and detailed nature.

Hiring Ludmil to give us a day-long tour of the amazing cultural sights within a two hours drive of Sofia for a reasonable extra fee was an absolute highlight of my time there. Not only was this day-tour wonderfully run, but it gave me a knowledge and perspective that enhanced the remainder of my stay in Bulgaria!

Ludmil was also very generous in helping us get to and from the airport, and provided detailed support while we were planning independent day-trip activities during our stay.

Casa Ferrari B&B, and my interactions with Ludmil, made Sofia and Bulgaria accessible, fund, and an experience I won't soon forget, and would recommend to anyone! I picked Casa Ferrari B&B based on the ranking and reviews here on TripAdvisor, and now I know that there's a good reason why Ludmil's B&B is so highly rated and reviewed. I would go out of my way to stay here if I'm ever in this part of the world again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank AdvisingSince07
Reviewed December 3, 2012

We were really lucky to find this B&B on TripAdvisor and book a room for our 4 nights trip in Sofia..
We were an italian family group of 5 people, visiting our son studing in Sofia..
The B&B is really well located, in a quiet street but very colose to the center, at a walking distance from everywhere.. The rooms were really nice and clean, we really felt like home.. There is a kitchen that can be used by the guests, with everything available..
Last but not least, Marianna and Ludmil are so friendly, kind and pleasent that was really a pleasure to speak with them... Ludmil also helped us in organizing a trip to Rila Monastery, a gorgeous place to visit with very interesting history.. In a word, a place where be back again and to recommend to friends..

Room Tip: each room is very nice, with all italian forniture, like our grandmother's bedroom...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family