“nice!”

Ranked #1 of 101 Sofia B&B and Inns
sofia
“nice!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2013

A great weekend! Comfort and convenience! Thank you!
I will recommend their friends to your guests.
If I have the opportunity again I was your guest.
High level of service and comfort, accompanied by discreetness.
We felt cared for by royalty.
I believe that the high level of service will remain a priority for you.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank monah v

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
New England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2013

I'm an American who travels extensively domestically and abroad for work. I also travel occasionally domestically and internationally for pleasure. My visit to Sofia was primary for work, but I remained in the city for about a week after my work concluded, as a tourist. I stayed at Casa Ferrari B&B during my time there as a tourist.

As my time in Bulgaria was both professional and for pleasure, and because I stayed in a big chain hotel for work, then transferred to Casa Ferrari B&B for my vacation, I can honestly say that staying at this B&B significantly improved my experience in Bulgaria.

Ludmil, the owner, is a fantastic gentleman. I found him to be not only a gracious host, but also an amazing historian with a wealth of knowledge about Bulgaria and Europe, and a world-view shaped by extensive international travel himself. He also has extensive business experience, which explains his very professional, fair, and detailed nature.

Hiring Ludmil to give us a day-long tour of the amazing cultural sights within a two hours drive of Sofia for a reasonable extra fee was an absolute highlight of my time there. Not only was this day-tour wonderfully run, but it gave me a knowledge and perspective that enhanced the remainder of my stay in Bulgaria!

Ludmil was also very generous in helping us get to and from the airport, and provided detailed support while we were planning independent day-trip activities during our stay.

Casa Ferrari B&B, and my interactions with Ludmil, made Sofia and Bulgaria accessible, fund, and an experience I won't soon forget, and would recommend to anyone! I picked Casa Ferrari B&B based on the ranking and reviews here on TripAdvisor, and now I know that there's a good reason why Ludmil's B&B is so highly rated and reviewed. I would go out of my way to stay here if I'm ever in this part of the world again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank AdvisingSince07
Siena, Italy
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2012

We were really lucky to find this B&B on TripAdvisor and book a room for our 4 nights trip in Sofia..
We were an italian family group of 5 people, visiting our son studing in Sofia..
The B&B is really well located, in a quiet street but very colose to the center, at a walking distance from everywhere.. The rooms were really nice and clean, we really felt like home.. There is a kitchen that can be used by the guests, with everything available..
Last but not least, Marianna and Ludmil are so friendly, kind and pleasent that was really a pleasure to speak with them... Ludmil also helped us in organizing a trip to Rila Monastery, a gorgeous place to visit with very interesting history.. In a word, a place where be back again and to recommend to friends..

Room Tip: each room is very nice, with all italian forniture, like our grandmother's bedroom...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank paolaluca018
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

Ludmil's small BnB in central Sofia is a great find and a perfect place to stay. The apartment is quiet, kept immaculately clean, (free) Wifi is working just great, a kitchen is available for guests' use, and the best is Ludmil's personal attention to his guests. His thorough knowledge of Sofia and Bulgarian history provides a great source for breakfast conversations, which we very much enjoyed. All this background information and recommendations certainly made our trip to Sofia the more special. We hope to be back for more of highly interesting Bulgaria, and will then hopefully be able to follow Ludmil's recommendations for great places to see throughout the country. Sofia is a great city with a special atmosphere, lots of small shops and coffee houses, friendly people, great museums with fantastic historical treasures, and very easy to navigate as most of the sights are within the central area and just mintues to walk from Casa Ferrari. Thanks again for all your help and recommendations!

Room Tip: There are three rooms only, one triple, one double and a single. We saw all of them, all looked nice...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank stadtnest
Excelsior, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2012

We spent a week in Sofia at the Casa Ferrari. It is a charming B and B in an excellent location near the center of the city. The managers, Ludmil and Marianna made us feel very welcome and at home. Ludmil took us on several excellent tours, viewing ancient and more recent historical sites. He is a very knowlegable historian and taught us much about Bulgaria's rich history. Marianna accompanied us to a delightful traditional Bulgarian restaurant with folk dancing.

Room Tip: All rooms are equally good.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank patpeter3
Noblesville, Indiana, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2012

Location for city access and quiet neighborhood more than met my expectations. Ludmil is a treasure trove of historical knowledge of his country, which he obviously loves. Whether finding a taxi, suggesting walks loor local sites to visit he is the perfect b&b manager. Ask and he will bring in some local specialties for breakfast. Central walking street Vitosha, taxi stand and trams are just a short walk away. Room decor uses nice wood pieces along with modern bath. Don H. Manager nonprofit.

Room Tip: Each room has adjustable window for fresh air and conditioner I assume might be appreciated in summe...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Donald H
Los Angeles
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2012

We had a lovely time in Sofia and the Casa Ferrari accommodation was superb. The room is central and convenient. Although we thought we would dine out every meal we ended up going to a local gourmet bread and cheese shop, took samples home, and had a fabulous meal at the B & B, using their well-stocked kitchen. Ludmil was a terrific guide and one day he took us to an old village that still has the flavor of its 19th century past-- just charming.
The apartment is quiet, so we slept well every night.

Room Tip: We slept in the blue room facing the back. Very spacious and quiet.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple