“Sweet Place”

Ranked #36 of 133 Hotels in Sofia
Sofia, Bulgaria
“Sweet Place”
Reviewed May 16, 2013

With a just very few rooms, this Hotel has very warmth atmosphere! It is very private and charming, the stuff is very nice and great food! Very big and fantastic rooms! Very good location! I recommend it!!

Room Tip: All the rooms are very big and beautiful. Only the one in the top is a little bit smaller than the o...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank AMLQ2830

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
  • Finnish first
London, UK
Reviewed May 12, 2013

My friend and I stayed here last month, and were delighted to have found such a gem.

The positives:

1) It's located in a leafy, peaceful district favoured by foreign embassies - and is just a few minutes walk from Alexander Nevsky Cathedral. Other key tourist attractions are about 15 minutes away by foot.

2) Forget what you might have read in other reviews; although this gorgeous little property is predominantly aimed at couples or single business travellers, it is possible to share a room with a friend. We enquired in advance and were given a beautifully decorated, immaculate suite - Tzarevetz - where the stylish, oversized sofa was converted into a second bed for us.

3) Breakfast is fantastic. Yes, you have to order the evening before, but this is only the slightest of inconveniences. In return, you can opt to have breakfast in your room (they don't apply room service charges here) or downstairs - both until very late in the morning. The portions are enormous, too. And there's a lot of choice. I can seriously recommend the Bulgarian breakfast.

4) The staff are incredibly friendly and helpful. They helped us sort out a little medical emergency without batting an eyelid, and were on-hand to deal with any requests we had - from sourcing a guide for a trip out of the city to answering questions about Sofia itself to providing free wifi passwords.

5) The on-site restaurant, Landau, was really well-priced - considering that it is a hotel restaurant. Both service and quality/menu options were great.

The negatives?

None. Seriously, you could nit-pick about little things, such as the fact that Residence Oborishte doesn't have a night porter or the fact that it doesn't offer a couple of rooms with twin beds. But these fade into insignificance when you compare them to what you get.

All in all, I would very much recommend Residence Oborishte - to couples, single travellers or small groups of friends.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
7 Thank travels_regularly
Helsinki
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Friendly stuff, excellent rooms, bars, food etc. I can truly recommend it! I forgot my scarf somewhere and they found it took good care of it until my friend picked it up and sent it to me.
Larry Kärkkäinen, Helsinki, Finland

Room Tip: I had "Serdnica". Jolly good!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank larry_karkkainen
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 15, 2013

Very comfortable apartments, extremely friendly and accommodating staff. Breakfast brought up to the room at a time to suit me. I travel on business a lot and have grown to hate large faceless hotels. This really did feel homely and cosy. In fact, it's one of the best places I have stayed on a trip. One of the gems of Sofia.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank Glenn J
Birmingham
Reviewed October 13, 2012

I visit Sofia regularly on business and normally stay elsewhere, however this time I was pursuaded by a colleague to give the Sofia Residence a try. I booked a superior double and wasn't disappointed, large lounge, bedroom area with freestanding bath very nicely decorated, clean and well presented..I was impressed.
The staff were very friendly and couldn't do enough to help, breakfast was good with a wide choice and they were quite happy to bring it to the room at any time you wished. I wanted to use the gym which is based off site (but less than a 5 minute walk) this was well equipped and no hassle getting in with the hotel entry card.
I eat in the on-site restaurant in the evening, this had a very nice atmoshphere, food was good and very reasonably priced.
All in all I thoroughly enjoyed my 3 night stay and will be making this my regular chocie in future visits.
Keep up the good work

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
5 Thank JerrardDrivers
Basel, Switzerland
Reviewed August 10, 2012

This is a very nice hotel. Absolutely amazing rooms- comfortable and cozy as if you are at home.
Staff at the reception was very polite and accomoddated all our wishes.
Only trouble we had was the restaurant associated with the hotel.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank doinsl
Perth, Western Australia
Reviewed June 22, 2012

This is the fourth time in nearly 6 years that we stay at this hotel, the last time 3 years ago. It has always been a very nice, comfortable and friendly place but since the last time the decor has been improve, a new cafè just opened and if it were possible, the service has become even friendlier and more refined. It is a small hotel with with 9 suites and rooms and feels like a home. The hotel is in one of the best central and quiet areas of the city - iin the street and in the immediate surroundings there are several embassies. It is only around 10 minutes walk to the main historical and cultural attractions. The rooms are mostly small appartments - spacious and nicely appointed and with free WI-FI access. The staff are young respectful, efficient and professional people who would go out of their way to accommodate one's wishes and even "whims". The manager, Ms S Ivanova is an example of a quiet but attentive and obviously, closely monitoring the establishment leader. Nothing is too much for her and the staff. (As the TV was in the bedroom and as the UEFA Cup final was not of much interest to my wife, I enquired whether the set could be moved. The next thing, we found another TV set installed in the sitting room! My wife enquierd about a floor cover for her exercises. A special mat for Yoga/Pilatis exercise was delevered from somewhere!)

The breakfast is served in the room and one has a choice of 4 kinds of breakfast - all of them really nice and substantial up to the point that after a week I requested less than half of my breakfast. The newly opened cafè with tables outside under the cool shade of the trees is a joy to spend time in and enjoy the different cocktails, icecreams and nice snacks.

We always stay there about 2 - 3 weeks and again we felt like being at home and surrounded by a family with all the hospitality and care given by the marvellous staff. The prices for such a position, level of comfort,, amenities and service are more than reasonable. We have been in other hotels which offer mmuch less for higher prices. We would not hesitate to recommend it wholeheartedly to anyone, being sure that there will be no disappointment for anyone who likes comfort, warm atmosphere, convenience and ultimately, enjoyment. For us, the logo of the company - "Your place in Sofia" - is actually more "Our home in Sofia"! And naturally, we will be back.

Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple